Any guitar players in here

copsnrobbers

I call it as I see it
Feb 27, 2012
I've been playin for a while now.. Have two electric guitars and just bought a new amp.

I've been playin for a while now.. Have two electric guitars and just bought a new amp.

Indeed. I play just about anything with strings, tuned either in fourths or fifths (mostly guitar, bass or double cello). Been playing a lot of acoustic guitar lately, mostly on my Ebony and Sitka Goodall:

0276f37cd3bb.jpg

What kind of amp did you pick up?

Indeed. I play just about anything with strings, tuned either in fourths or fifths (mostly guitar, bass or double cello). Been playing a lot of acoustic guitar lately, mostly on my Ebony and Sitka Goodall:

0276f37cd3bb.jpg

Goodall, Nice piece. Made in Hawaii right?
I had a Santa Cruz for a while.. a OOO 12 fret. I'm more into electric.
I sold my 87x and Stiletto and bought a Mesa Boogie Mark V. It's supposed to be delivered today.

Just piano...lol

I have taken some guitar lessons. :eusa_clap:

We have a White Yamaha J6 in our living room. I bought that piano for my wife back in 86 for her birthday.
My daughter had lessons for many years.

So your take on the guitar wasn't as inspiring as the piano?

My son does. Fender Strat. Never had a lesson in his life. Picked it up five years ago and he's fantastic. He's lead in a band that performs regularly downtown.

I took lessons when I was a kid. Was never very good. My Dad worked at Kaman Aircraft - they owned Ovation. Got a sweet deal on an Ovation each for my brother and I.

I pawned mine in San Diego when I was stationed out there as an 18 year old kid. That was dumb. That thing would be worth some money today. It was the Glen Campbell model.

0276f37cd3bb.jpg

That's a beauty. I've never played a Goodall, but I hear they have a wonderful tone. Do you have anything recorded on Youtube or Soundclick?

I took lessons when I was a kid. Was never very good. My Dad worked at Kaman Aircraft - they owned Ovation. Got a sweet deal on an Ovation each for my brother and I.

I pawned mine in San Diego when I was stationed out there as an 18 year old kid. That was dumb. That thing would be worth some money today. It was the Glen Campbell model.
How much did you get for it, 50 bucks? :D Depending on condition, Glen Campbell Ovations can had for anywhere between 600 - 3000 dollars.

I have a 1978 Ovation Custom Balladeer that I learned to play on and has been to Japan and back a few times. I play mostly finger-style country blues with some modern stuff thrown in.

I recently bought an Epiphone Les Paul but I don't play it nearly as much as the acoustic.

How much did you get for it, 50 bucks? :D Depending on condition, Glen Campbell Ovations can had for anywhere between 600 - 3000 dollars.

I have a 1978 Ovation Custom Balladeer that I learned to play on and has been to Japan and back a few times. I play mostly finger-style country blues with some modern stuff thrown in.

I recently bought an Epiphone Les Paul but I don't play it nearly as much as the acoustic.

It was in great condition. It was a 1974 model - sold in 77. That's probably all I got for it ($50) being young, stupid and in need of money. My brother's was a standard balladeer. He took it to college and it probably met the same fate. Where in Japan were you? I lived in Sasebo for a few years....

It was in great condition. It was a 1974 model - sold in 77. That's probably all I got for it ($50) being young, stupid and in need of money. My brother's was a standard balladeer. He took it to college and it probably met the same fate. Where in Japan were you? I lived in Sasebo for a few years....
I WAS gonna' pawn mine but decided against it. Glad I did. It's not the best guitar for finger pickin' but I've "grown" into it and it's real comfortable to play.

From 94-97 I lived in the Saitama area just outside Yokota AB.

I WAS gonna' pawn mine but decided against it. Glad I did. It's not the best guitar for finger pickin' but I've "grown" into it and it's real comfortable to play.

You and I were there at the exact same time - I visited Yokota a couple of times. Didn't even feel like you were in Japan on base! Every luxury of the States was there. Hell, we didn't get a MacDonald's until 95!!

You and I were there at the exact same time - I visited Yokota a couple of times. Didn't even feel like you were in Japan on base! Every luxury of the States was there. Hell, we didn't get a MacDonald's until 95!!
You ever go to the "Chicken Shack"? I first went in 1983 when I was stationed at Yokota, lot's of great bands go through there.
In the mid 90's there was this one Japanese guy who was a total Ritchie Blackmore disciple and fronted a Deep Purple/Rainbow cover band that I went to see everytime he played there. Real nice guy and one of the few Japanese that would talk to me like a regular guy and not treat me like a foreigner. He was a cram school instructor in Saitama for the longest time.

I started playing right after Ed Sullivan said "Ladies and Gentlemen, The Beatles!" and have been hacking away ever since.

You ever go to the "Chicken Shack"? I first went in 1983 when I was stationed at Yokota, lot's of great bands go through there.
In the mid 90's there was this one Japanese guy who was a total Ritchie Blackmore disciple and fronted a Deep Purple/Rainbow cover band that I went to see everytime he played there. Real nice guy and one of the few Japanese that would talk to me like a regular guy and not treat me like a foreigner. He was a cram school instructor in Saitama for the longest time.

Never made it off base for liberty in Yokota. I was there for a couple of meetings only, stayed in the Q. I remember the first time there, I flew into Narita (would that be the airport) - regardless, I took the subway from the airport to Yokota. Got lost. It was rush hour. Everything was in kanji. I was beginning to panic. A Japanese girl sitting across from me says to me in perfect English, "You're lost huh."
She saved the day!

Never made it off base for liberty in Yokota. I was there for a couple of meetings only, stayed in the Q. I remember the first time there, I flew into Narita (would that be the airport) - regardless, I took the subway from the airport to Yokota. Got lost. It was rush hour. Everything was in kanji. I was beginning to panic. A Japanese girl sitting across from me says to me in perfect English, "You're lost huh."
She saved the day!
Haha! Did she take you to one of them Love Motels? :D

Japanese girls can be the most forward AND the most classy women on the planet. They may not say anything, but they'll put themselves in front of you, they'll just get in your way so that you HAVE to acknowledge them.

The trains are good places to meet them; "Is this where you get off? Wanna' go eat somewhere?". :D

She saved the day!
Haha! Did she take you to one of them Love Motels? :D

Japanese girls can be the most forward AND the most classy women on the planet. They may not say anything, but they'll put themselves in front of you, they'll just get in your way so that you HAVE to acknowledge them.

The trains are good places to meet them; "Is this where you get off? Wanna' go eat somewhere?". :D

I agree with you on Japanese women. Beautiful and classy.

I'm playing guitar :) not bad, middle level, i think ... now learning rock-guitar - by the lessons from book... from September may be planning to start training with teacher :)

Forum List

Back