Any guesses?

Kathianne said:
Hahahahaha…Yep, direct from India!

"Now is there anything else I can do for you?".
Yea, fix the Fuckin problem, and stop the "will you hold please" shit, YOU MORON!!!

Damn Outsourcing crap! What are they thinking?

Mr. P said:

Yea, fix the Fuckin problem, and stop the "will you hold please" shit, YOU MORON!!!

Well their service is why I'm finally trying Mac. So far, pretty sweet.

Kathianne said:
Well their service is why I'm finally trying Mac. So far, pretty sweet.
Yeah, their service sux. Same with my ISP, they outsourced the customer service too. I think they'll get it, I just hope it's soon. If they don't, oh well..they're not paying attention, I guess.

$$$$(sales) count, in the end.

Mr. P said:
Yeah, their service sux. Same with my ISP, they outsourced the customer service too. I think they'll get it, I just hope it's soon. If they don't, oh well..they're not paying attention, I guess.

$$$$(sales) count, in the end.
Yeah, usually best to deal with them online, but of course if the computer is down, that's kinda rough. :laugh:

Kathianne said:
Yeah, usually best to deal with them online, but of course if the computer is down, that's kinda rough. :laugh:
Oh gosh, I tried the online thing, NOT GOOD.
Not for me anyway.. I can still hear the sacred f'ing cows in the background!:firing:

Semper Fi said:
Kathianne, we are going to hold hands and pray.

LOL! I'd never been on a Mac, other than when a certain idiot teacher at my school messed hers up. But this G5, it's fine.

Mr. P said:
Oh gosh, I tried the online thing, NOT GOOD.
Not for me anyway.. I can still hear the sacred f'ing cows in the background!:firing:
Better than the allowed water torture of the circular phone boarding.

Mr. P said:

OMG. Say it ain't so!!!

I need a new cd/dvd drive, it won't burn dvd's. I did a little searching on the internet on the subject and have read several times to hang up and call back if you get the Indian techs.

In case anyone was wondering what I'm up to over the holidays, see above. :laugh:

Kathianne said:
LOL! I'd never been on a Mac, other than when a certain idiot teacher at my school messed hers up. But this G5, it's fine.

Wow Kathianne, you never cease to amaze.
I have got to be impressed with your conversion to Mac, many never make it because of their fear of the unknown or belief that using a computer is suppose to be a pain in the ass.
I have never bothered nwith the windows based machines, my brother , who is an expert on both operating systems will only use a windows machine at gun point. Our company has been using Apple products for over 15 years and have only had problems when we used a windows based software. That is well over 30 computers over the years. . . no problems!
I love Apple for their creativity and innovation. I don't know if your G-5 is a tower or an I-Mac but both are incredible in the complexity and simplicity of their designs. The tower's architecture inside the box is a stunning work of art. No wires, everything where it should be.
The biggest complaint about Apple usually comes from people that want to build their own computers, I understand why they are pissed, they are stuck with using Bill Gates awful, dated copy of the Mac Operating system, I would be pissed at Apple also. Then again I am not interested in building a computer from parts I get from Frys, I would rather work with a computer than on one just as I would rather leave the building of an airplane up to a manufacturer and spend my time flying it.
Welcome to the club that is Apple, there is a reason that people that are already members try to get their friends to join.Isn't Tiger great?

sitarro said:
Wow Kathianne, you never cease to amaze.
I have got to be impressed with your conversion to Mac, many never make it because of their fear of the unknown or belief that using a computer is suppose to be a pain in the ass.
I have never bothered nwith the windows based machines, my brother , who is an expert on both operating systems will only use a windows machine at gun point. Our company has been using Apple products for over 15 years and have only had problems when we used a windows based software. That is well over 30 computers over the years. . . no problems!
I love Apple for their creativity and innovation. I don't know if your G-5 is a tower or an I-Mac but both are incredible in the complexity and simplicity of their designs. The tower's architecture inside the box is a stunning work of art. No wires, everything where it should be.
The biggest complaint about Apple usually comes from people that want to build their own computers, I understand why they are pissed, they are stuck with using Bill Gates awful, dated copy of the Mac Operating system, I would be pissed at Apple also. Then again I am not interested in building a computer from parts I get from Frys, I would rather work with a computer than on one just as I would rather leave the building of an airplane up to a manufacturer and spend my time flying it.
Welcome to the club that is Apple, there is a reason that people that are already members try to get their friends to join.Isn't Tiger great?

Well as I wrote the day I got it, I was so disgusted that I'd gone through 3 pc's in like 11 years. The first cost close to $7k. I'd had Compaq, Gateway, then Dell. In all cases they just upped and died. Service was terrible. So I just went and bought the G5, HD is in the monitor. As you say, few cords and it was up and running in less than 15 minutes. My only complaint is the mouse-Bluetooth I believe it's called. I miss the right and left click-though the dashboard/widgets are cool.

Kathianne said:
Well as I wrote the day I got it, I was so disgusted that I'd gone through 3 pc's in like 11 years. The first cost close to $7k. I'd had Compaq, Gateway, then Dell. In all cases they just upped and died. Service was terrible. So I just went and bought the G5, HD is in the monitor. As you say, few cords and it was up and running in less than 15 minutes. My only complaint is the mouse-Bluetooth I believe it's called. I miss the right and left click-though the dashboard/widgets are cool.

Apple does have a new mouse with a roller but I ended up buying a cordless keyboard/mouse combination. Bluetooth is for wireless connectivity, do you have a wireless mouse? The mouse I got with my new keyboard has a left and right button, a roller that is also a programable clicker and tilt left and right to scroll left amd right. amd a seperate button that brings up the dock. Tiger works with all of the mouse options. I don't know why Apple dropped the ball on the mouse.
Your computer sounds like the new G-5 IMac, they are a great computer and Apple is setting them up to run your complete home entertainment system. Have you fooled with Itunes yet? It is very simple to copy your CDs to it and the Apple music store online allows you to get songs individually for .99 each. It works extremely well with the Ipod.
I used the airline widget the other night to track my friend who was flying in from Memphis. I needed to pick him up and his flight had multiple legs and delays on each, the graphic told me all of that and kept me from getting to the airport too early.
Do you have an Apple store in your city, the people at those are very helpful with any problems you might have.

Be thankful you still have a person to talk to even if it is a foreigner. With Verizon its a machine. The machine doesnt understand what you say even though it says it can. Finally when you dont say anything for awhile and expect to get transferred to an operator it will send you there only to find te most frustrating thing ever.

"We're sorry. All our operators are currently busy. Please try again later."

WHAT?!?! You kept me on hold with your POS computer lady for 20 mins and then when you goto to connect me to the 1 of 5 humans you have working the phones you have the audacity to tell me to hang up and call you back later? Your the fucking phone company for Christ's Sake! Dont you guys have call-waiting?

Customer Service is dead.

insein said:
Be thankful you still have a person to talk to even if it is a foreigner. With Verizon its a machine. The machine doesnt understand what you say even though it says it can. Finally when you dont say anything for awhile and expect to get transferred to an operator it will send you there only to find te most frustrating thing ever.

"We're sorry. All our operators are currently busy. Please try again later."

WHAT?!?! You kept me on hold with your POS computer lady for 20 mins and then when you goto to connect me to the 1 of 5 humans you have working the phones you have the audacity to tell me to hang up and call you back later? Your the fucking phone company for Christ's Sake! Dont you guys have call-waiting?

Customer Service is dead.
Oh I know! I pay my phone bill with Sprint by CC on the phone every month and it has become near impossible to do so.

That nice computer says, “ to pay a bill by CC press 2”, I do, and half the time get routed to repair!

sitarro said:
Apple does have a new mouse with a roller but I ended up buying a cordless keyboard/mouse combination. Bluetooth is for wireless connectivity, do you have a wireless mouse? The mouse I got with my new keyboard has a left and right button, a roller that is also a programable clicker and tilt left and right to scroll left amd right. amd a seperate button that brings up the dock. Tiger works with all of the mouse options. I don't know why Apple dropped the ball on the mouse.
Your computer sounds like the new G-5 IMac, they are a great computer and Apple is setting them up to run your complete home entertainment system. Have you fooled with Itunes yet? It is very simple to copy your CDs to it and the Apple music store online allows you to get songs individually for .99 each. It works extremely well with the Ipod.
I used the airline widget the other night to track my friend who was flying in from Memphis. I needed to pick him up and his flight had multiple legs and delays on each, the graphic told me all of that and kept me from getting to the airport too early.
Do you have an Apple store in your city, the people at those are very helpful with any problems you might have.

Hmm, it may be tiger. It has roller ball, tilts. Two thingies I squeeze to see all the open pages. It's a hassle a bit for copying and pasting. :laugh:

The only Apple Store is in Schaumburg, perhaps a 25 minute drive. I will go there if I need help or servicing. I like the widgets: clock, date, dictionary, this day in history, and a calculator are what I have on now.

I'm not that big on music, I'm practically deaf. I do throw in my own cd's and earphones to listen a bit. My son though, sheesh, covers pages of music. I'll be glad when he goes back to school, my screen saver keeps changing!

Forum List

Back