Any Evolution-believing Person care to Explain Origin of Life?

manu1959 said:
like i said space is not a perfect vacuum, are you incapable of being condecending prick?

And do you have a point? It doesn't affect the fact that we have used supernovae to verify the constantness of isotope decay rates over time, so what's your point?

SpidermanTuba said:
And do you have a point? It doesn't affect the fact that we have used supernovae to verify the constantness of isotope decay rates over time, so what's your point?

my point is why did you choose to edit my quote?

-Cp said:
You're wrong - all the fossil records point to an atmosphere that had oxygen in it..
-Cp said:
Additionally, the textbook completely ignores other evidence that shows the atmosphere has always contained oxygen.

The Earth's early atmosphere had NO (NONE WHATSOEVER) oxygen (O2) in it. This is a result of the fact that any oxygen which did enter it, be it as a result of emissions by early photosynthetic life or from extra-terrestrial sources (comets etc.) was immediately consumed by oxidation of metallic elements in the earth's oceans and crust. The resulting compounds (e.g. Iron Oxide (rust)) then setled down on the ocean floors as sediments, which any geologist can tell you, eventually formed the thick seams on which much of the mining industry of today relies upon.
The atmospheric concentration of oxygen did not start rising above zero until ALL the earths crustal metallic elements had been oxidised: it is for this reason that u do not naturally find any metals on our planet in elemental form (exept Gold and a few other very rare elements which are extremely hard to oxidise).

:)PS
-Cp said:
There are over 2000 kinds of amino acids - only 20 are used in life.
It's 21, you forgot Selenocysteine :)

Forum List

Back