Any computer geeks on here? Need some help.

RWNJ

Gold Member
Oct 22, 2015
I'm having a problem with my audio. When using headphones, everything just sounds messed up. Vocals are muted, and everything sounds flat. imagine you were wearing a fishbowl on your head. It also seems like everything is far away. Almost like sitting in the back of an empty auditorium. I've tried making changes with HD VDECK, but it doesn't help. Even the equalizer doesn't change anything. Anyone know what's going on here? BTW, I just did a factory reset on my PC. Drivers are up to date. I have no clue what's wrong, unless it's my headphones. But the problem is in both speakers, so I don't think so.

I'm having a problem with my audio. When using headphones, everything just sounds messed up. Vocals are muted, and everything sounds flat. imagine you were wearing a fishbowl on your head. It also seems like everything is far away. Almost like sitting in the back of an empty auditorium. I've tried making changes with HD VDECK, but it doesn't help. Even the equalizer doesn't change anything. Anyone know what's going on here? BTW, I just did a factory reset on my PC. Drivers are up to date. I have no clue what's wrong, unless it's my headphones. But the problem is in both speakers, so I don't think so.

You using the correct driver? Uninstall, reinstall driver. Confirm headphones are good, speakers aren't blown.

Is our BIOS up to date (don't mess with it unless you know what you're doing)?

Sounds like a hardware issue if you did a factory reset. Did you add any new hardware that conflicts with another piece? Software that conflicts with other software (since you did a reset most likely not, but maybe your antivirus or even drivers you add for other programs can have an impact)>

• Banned

You using the correct driver? Uninstall, reinstall driver. Confirm headphones are good, speakers aren't blown.

Sounds like a hardware issue if you did a factory reset. Did you add any new hardware that conflicts with another piece? Software that conflicts with other software (since you did a reset most likely not, but maybe your antivirus or even drivers you add for other programs can have an impact)>
I did a fresh install of windows. there should be no conflicts of any kind. I'm thinking it might be hardware related since it affects my built-in speakers too. I've also noticed that it seems like some music videos I've watched have muted vocals, or I get silence for a second or two. One in particular, the vocals are fine as long as the group was harmonizing, but when it switched to a sole vocal it sounded like it was coming from far away, with that head in a fishbowl quality. Strangest thing I've ever experienced.

I did a fresh install of windows. there should be no conflicts of any kind. I'm thinking it might be hardware related since it affects my built-in speakers too. I've also noticed that it seems like some music videos I've watched have muted vocals, or I get silence for a second or two. One in particular, the vocals are fine as long as the group was harmonizing, but when it switched to a sole vocal it sounded like it was coming from far away, with that head in a fishbowl quality. Strangest thing I've ever experienced.
Acer? If so, i have had a couple with that same issue. I have researched the issue and it appears to be a hardware fail at the jack. Yes...I am an idiot who bought the same brand that screwed me before. I just love these cheap little shitboxes.

• Banned
OK. Now it's getting really weird. I was just listening to a music video and parts of the soundtrack are missing. I can hear the music but not the vocals.

• Banned

Acer? If so, i have had a couple with that same issue. I have researched the issue and it appears to be a hardware fail at the jack. Yes...I am an idiot who bought the same brand that screwed me before. I just love these cheap little shitboxes.
ASUS. Had it for 5 or 6 years and not a problem. until now.

• Banned
Do you have a different pair of headphones you could try?

If nothing else, always try to eliminate the easiest solutions first.
It's not just the headphones. It's affecting the speakers too.

ASUS what? 5-6 years hmm. I would check into an aftermarket usb/pcie audio adapter solution.

It sounds like your 3.5 jack is going tits up.

ASUS what? 5-6 years hmm. I would check into an aftermarket usb/pcie audio adapter solution.
I think your audio jack is goin tits up. It's not your card or else the sound issue would follow without headphones...you have confirmed settings as well...yeah Marion is right you can bypass with a usb adapter solution.

It sounds like your 3.5 jack is going tits up.

I think your audio jack is goin tits up. It's not your card or else the sound issue would follow without headphones...you have confirmed settings as well...yeah Marion is right you can bypass with a usb adapter solution.

Or pcie

Factory reset? Is it a tablet?

iu

Is this a laptop or a desktop PC? Check that you have the headphones plugged into the correct jack. Are your headphones using the stereo mini jack or is it USB? Some computers are equipped with more than 1 output jack. You might also want to check your driver to see that the correct output device is selected.

New Topics

Forum List

Back