Any coincidence that "Good Night and Good Luck" comes out at

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ThomasPaine, Oct 20, 2005.

1. ThomasPaine

ThomasPaine Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +66
    the present time when the 75 year control of the media by the left is in jeopardy? Not in the slightest. Since the left now clearly understands its control of the news and information is no longer monopolistic they resort to some 1950's era of nirvana in which they vanquish their hated ignoramus Joe McCarthy to reassert their intellectual dominance, and hence superiority, over conservatism. They are undoubtedly attempting to resurrect some mindset in the public that modern conservatives are the equivalent of the whisky guzzling, Tail Gunner Joe. Problem is, this isn't 1954, McCarthy isn't the out front anti-communist, and files from the former Soviet Union have PROVEN that the State Department was rife with Communist sympathisizers and outright spies. But no let's play the "there were no communist spies at State and McCarthy's false accusations were unfounded bs". There were spies in the State Department then as there are Marxist sympathizers now. Yet the Marxist/Leninists/Democrats still attempt to rewrite history and quell the voices which are, and will, end their 75 reign on the means of information distribution in The United States.

2. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    I saw this movie, and just as the critics wrote, the movie portrays McCarthy as a gavoon. I wasn't too surprised as Clooney doesn't have the guts to tell the actual truth about his comrades in Hollywood. Propoganda 101 go on the offensive when you have been found it by doing everything to discredit your accuser in public.........

3. Max Power

Max Power Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    What makes you think the media has anything more than a pro-corporate agenda?

4. theim

theim Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +234
    I saw a preveiw for that movie on TV. A disgusting hit peice if I ever saw one. Most saddening is that in public schools today (at least in the People's Republic of Mad-Town) it pretty much presented as FACT that Sen. McCarthy was a "witchhunter" who ate freshly killed babies. And the Communists have scored MAJOR victories since the House Un-American Activities Committee was abolished. Does anyone doubt that those bastards would be giddy if they knew today that if one is called a "flag-waver" it is meant as an insult, and saying the USA sucks is lauded as patriotism?

5. ThomasPaine

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +66
    Marxist? Aren't ya? Professors at college told ya that did they? Wake up, get a nice hot cup of java, pull your head outta Das Capital, look out the window at God's beautiful creation, look at your life and life in general, get a job, and get back to me. I'll be more than happy to reenlighten you.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    The owners may be 'pro-corporate' the editorial board, not as likely. Business folk own it, but their concern is the bottom line or loss for taxes.

7. Max Power

Max Power Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    No.

Nope. They were too busy teaching the topics at hand.

I don't like coffee.

Go ahead. Any objective evidence would be appreciated.

8. ThomasPaine

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +66
    circulation, advertising paying it's nice per page/quarter section/ blurb price, and the bottom profit line. If libs still believe in some "corporations rule the media and tell them what to print" rant they are sufferering a self induced illusion. Liberal Democrats control the press, liberal Democrats control the television media, and liberal democrats are attempting to stifle thought by thier control of the education process. It's now ending and just like an addict they are suffering withdrawals.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. ThomasPaine

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +66
    reference. Look son being coy about your politics isn't much of an argument. Come right out and SAY WHAT YOU MEAN!! I have done so you have not..

10. Max Power

Max Power Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm still waiting for some objective evidence.