Any coincidence that "Good Night and Good Luck" comes out at

ThomasPaine

May 17, 2005
the present time when the 75 year control of the media by the left is in jeopardy? Not in the slightest. Since the left now clearly understands its control of the news and information is no longer monopolistic they resort to some 1950's era of nirvana in which they vanquish their hated ignoramus Joe McCarthy to reassert their intellectual dominance, and hence superiority, over conservatism. They are undoubtedly attempting to resurrect some mindset in the public that modern conservatives are the equivalent of the whisky guzzling, Tail Gunner Joe. Problem is, this isn't 1954, McCarthy isn't the out front anti-communist, and files from the former Soviet Union have PROVEN that the State Department was rife with Communist sympathisizers and outright spies. But no let's play the "there were no communist spies at State and McCarthy's false accusations were unfounded bs". There were spies in the State Department then as there are Marxist sympathizers now. Yet the Marxist/Leninists/Democrats still attempt to rewrite history and quell the voices which are, and will, end their 75 reign on the means of information distribution in The United States.

ThomasPaine said:
the present time when the 75 year control of the media by the left is in jeopardy? Not in the slightest. Since the left now clearly understands its control of the news and information is no longer monopolistic they resort to some 1950's era of nirvana in which they vanquish their hated ignoramus Joe McCarthy to reassert their intellectual dominance, and hence superiority, over conservatism. They are undoubtedly attempting to resurrect some mindset in the public that modern conservatives are the equivalent of the whisky guzzling, Tail Gunner Joe. Problem is, this isn't 1954, McCarthy isn't the out front anti-communist, and files from the former Soviet Union have PROVEN that the State Department was rife with Communist sympathisizers and outright spies. But no let's play the "there were no communist spies at State and McCarthy's false accusations were unfounded bs". There were spies in the State Department then as there are Marxist sympathizers now. Yet the Marxist/Leninists/Democrats still attempt to rewrite history and quell the voices which are, and will, end their 75 reign on the means of information distribution in The United States.

I saw this movie, and just as the critics wrote, the movie portrays McCarthy as a gavoon. I wasn't too surprised as Clooney doesn't have the guts to tell the actual truth about his comrades in Hollywood. Propoganda 101 go on the offensive when you have been found it by doing everything to discredit your accuser in public.........

ThomasPaine said:

What makes you think the media has anything more than a pro-corporate agenda?

I saw a preveiw for that movie on TV. A disgusting hit peice if I ever saw one. Most saddening is that in public schools today (at least in the People's Republic of Mad-Town) it pretty much presented as FACT that Sen. McCarthy was a "witchhunter" who ate freshly killed babies. And the Communists have scored MAJOR victories since the House Un-American Activities Committee was abolished. Does anyone doubt that those bastards would be giddy if they knew today that if one is called a "flag-waver" it is meant as an insult, and saying the USA sucks is lauded as patriotism?

Max Power said:
What makes you think the media has anything more than a pro-corporate agenda?

Marxist? Aren't ya? Professors at college told ya that did they? Wake up, get a nice hot cup of java, pull your head outta Das Capital, look out the window at God's beautiful creation, look at your life and life in general, get a job, and get back to me. I'll be more than happy to reenlighten you.

ThomasPaine said:
Marxist? Aren't ya? Professors at college told ya that did they? Wake up, get a nice hot cup of java, pull your head outta Das Capital, look out the window at God's beautiful creation, look at your life and life in general, get a job, and get back to me. I'll be more than happy to reenlighten you.

The owners may be 'pro-corporate' the editorial board, not as likely. Business folk own it, but their concern is the bottom line or loss for taxes.

ThomasPaine said:
Marxist? Aren't ya?
No.

Professors at college told ya that did they?
Nope. They were too busy teaching the topics at hand.

Wake up, get a nice hot cup of java,
I don't like coffee.

pull your head outta Das Capital, look out the window at God's beautiful creation, look at your life and life in general, get a job, and get back to me. I'll be more than happy to reenlighten you.
Go ahead. Any objective evidence would be appreciated.

Kathianne said:
The owners may be 'pro-corporate' the editorial board, not as likely. Business folk own it, but their concern is the bottom line or loss for taxes.

circulation, advertising paying it's nice per page/quarter section/ blurb price, and the bottom profit line. If libs still believe in some "corporations rule the media and tell them what to print" rant they are sufferering a self induced illusion. Liberal Democrats control the press, liberal Democrats control the television media, and liberal democrats are attempting to stifle thought by thier control of the education process. It's now ending and just like an addict they are suffering withdrawals.

Max Power said:
No.

Nope. They were too busy teaching the topics at hand.

I don't like coffee.

Go ahead. Any objective evidence would be appreciated.

reference. Look son being coy about your politics isn't much of an argument. Come right out and SAY WHAT YOU MEAN!! I have done so you have not..

ThomasPaine said:
Liberal Democrats control the press, liberal Democrats control the television media, and liberal democrats are attempting to stifle thought by thier control of the education process. It's now ending and just like an addict they are suffering withdrawals.

I'm still waiting for some objective evidence.

Max Power said:
What more are you looking for beyond the NYT public editor calling out the editorial page editor? :shocked:

Max Power said:

Like I need objective evidence to tell me when it's raining. What do you want? A study? Someone's doctoral thesis? Any fool with a brain cell knows the media is liberal/marxist biased. Only self deceptive liberals require proof? Read the New York Times daily, the "gospel" of the media. Watch NBC,CBS, ABC... nothing but reflections of the NYT. But didn't they teach you that in college? They, by God, taught it when I went to school but perhaps times have changed and they are hiding the influence of the NYT now. Pity if that's the case because then it PROVES they are lying. Or are you simply baiting and trolling?

ThomasPaine said:
Like I need objective evidence to tell me when it's raining. What do you want? A study? Someone's doctoral thesis? Any fool with a brain cell knows the media is liberal/marxist biased. Only self deceptive liberals require proof? Read the New York Times daily, the "gospel" of the media. Watch NBC,CBS, ABC... nothing but reflections of the NYT. But didn't they teach you that in college? They, by God, taught it when I went to school but perhaps times have changed and they are hiding the influence of the NYT now. Pity if that's the case because then it PROVES they are lying. Or are you simply baiting and trolling?

Oh, the "it is because it is" argument. Very compelling, but I'm not buying it.

And, no, they don't teach that to people who don't go to college for politics.

Max Power said:
Oh, the "it is because it is" argument. Very compelling, but I'm not buying it.

And, no, they don't teach that to people who don't go to college for politics.

What is your point here?

Max Power said:
That "study" incorrectly confuses Republican with conservative and Democrat with liberal.

From what I've observed, the media has an undeniable pro-administration bias... so to claim it has a "liberal" bias is certainly calling George Bush a liberal.

Oh goody. Now, where are your 'authoratative sources' for this observation?

Kathianne said:
Oh goody. Now, where are your 'authoratative sources' for this observation?

Well, like I should have said, it's "From what I've observed."

Oh wait, I did say that.

Max Power said:
Well, like I should have said, it's "From what I've observed."

Oh wait, I did say that.

Oh wonderful, WE are supposed to document, to YOUR satisfaction-which is impossible no doubt for you have very high standards-but you get by with 'my observations...' why?

Oh yeah, what were those credentials?

Kathianne said:
Oh wonderful, WE are supposed to document, to YOUR satisfaction-which is impossible no doubt for you have very high standards-but you get by with 'my observations...' why?

Oh yeah, what were those credentials?

Because I'm not calling my observations "fact," I'm just calling them observations.

Why don't you lead with your credentials?

Forum List

Back