Any coin collectors here?

Crixus

Gold Member
Oct 9, 2015
BFE Texas.
I found this weird dime. It says it’s made in 1926.

DB08E684-A570-4D5F-B6C8-5E81A677367B.jpeg
68240EDE-8600-4292-A052-1DAF1322493F.jpeg

View attachment 223001 View attachment 223002
/----/ https://www.coinstudy.com/1926-dime-value.html
I can't make out the tiny letter behind Mercury's neck. It can determine the value. Just take it to any coin shop. they'll tell you what it 's worth.
AND DON"T CLEAN IT WHATEVER YOU DO. THAT DESTROYS THE VALUE.
Your 1926 dime value is $1.23 for a coin that is circulated and shows considerable wear. Specifically, all Mercury dimes minted in Philadelphia, dated before 1940 and heavily worn are priced at this minimum.

x1926-dime-value-top-2.jpg.pagespeed.ic.GeYGU7xJbW.jpg

However, your coin is avidly collected today and many of these old Mercury head dimes are worth much more.

If the "S" mintmark is present it immediately raises the value. Collectors assembling sets often include all the different mints producing dimes in a given year. A nice example minted in San Francisco has proven difficult to find.

View attachment 223001 View attachment 223002
/----/ https://www.coinstudy.com/1926-dime-value.html
I can't make out the tiny letter behind Mercury's neck. It can determine the value. Just take it to any coin shop. they'll tell you what it 's worth.
AND DON"T CLEAN IT WHATEVER YOU DO. THAT DESTROYS THE VALUE.
Your 1926 dime value is $1.23 for a coin that is circulated and shows considerable wear. Specifically, all Mercury dimes minted in Philadelphia, dated before 1940 and heavily worn are priced at this minimum.

x1926-dime-value-top-2.jpg.pagespeed.ic.GeYGU7xJbW.jpg

However, your coin is avidly collected today and many of these old Mercury head dimes are worth much more.

If the "S" mintmark is present it immediately raises the value. Collectors assembling sets often include all the different mints producing dimes in a given year. A nice example minted in San Francisco has proven difficult to find.

Dang, that’s pretty cool. My girl child collects coins. I think I’ll give it to her. When I go back to the van I’ll look for the mark you were talking about.

Forum List

Back