Any Christians against universal health care?

It seems to me like we already have universal health care...anyone can go to the emergency room and be treated, then let the bill go to collections. So really, we're already paying for all those unpaid emergency room visits, if that makes sense.

I think it would be less expensive for us if these folks with ear aches, the flu, etc. went to the doctor's office instead of the emergency room. Not to mention that when you actually need the emergency room, it will be less crowded.

It seems to me like we already have universal health care...anyone can go to the emergency room and be treated, then let the bill go to collections. So really, we're already paying for all those unpaid emergency room visits, if that makes sense.

I think it would be less expensive for us if these folks with ear aches, the flu, etc. went to the doctor's office instead of the emergency room. Not to mention that when you actually need the emergency room, it will be less crowded.

I suppose you can define it as you wish. That's not universal health care as it's usually understood. In a universal health care system those people do go to the doctor and not the emergency room. They go because it's either provided at no cost to them or for a small fee. In your system them go to the ER because they can't afford to go to the doctor. That's why universal health care is such a good idea, it means the ER isn't packed with poor people, it means that serious cases are dealt with quickly in the ER.

Universal health care is not going to happen until you have tort reform. Period. When Bush said those those two words, the Democratic party turned into raving lunatics who would stop at nothing to shut him down. Including sedition. The real split between the Republicans and Democrats is the split between plaintiff and defense attorney's, the rest of the issues are BS. That legal split is the fence the divides them and anything that would threaten to put a lid on the millions that could be made by the likes of John Edwards and company will never happen as long as the Democrats have a say. If you look at both McCain's and Obama's health plans there is little difference and neither even touch on this subject. This is the problem with our system here in the U.S and why whocanIsue.com can afford to have billboards along I-95 in Florida. Our legal system (including its politics) has to get fixed first then, and only then, can we fix our health system. It's for this reason I don't vote for lawyers.

A society with Universal Health Care, is more fit to survive than a society where people do not look after eachother. So, therefore it would certainly be against Darwinism, or atleast against the development of the human race, not to have Universal Health Care.

The term fit means best suited for survival. A society that can see other ways than the use of brute force alone, but also applies some intelligence and ability to reason about what is best, is imo more "fit" for survival than a dog eat dog society with very little morals.

A society with Universal Health Care is NOT more fit to survive because it promotes perpetuating the weak who would not otherwise survive; thereby, weakening the dominant traits of the species.

Development of the human race by artificial means and Darwinism have NOTHING in common.

Morality and survival of the fittest have nothing in common as well, and the latter does not require the former to exist. In contrast, the former cannot exist in the absence of the latter.

Hello?

Police protection benefits everyone... How does me paying for someone's aids treatment benefit me?

when you get colan cancer or prostate cancer or dimentia or diabitis or kidney failure or a heart attack, it then pays for you....

not that i am advocating it, i haven't really made up my mind!

It works now.
We already have universal health care, and anyone who walks into an ER will get treated in this country, regardless of their ability to pay. Well, unless they walk into the ER that Michelle Obama runs. She gets paid $350,000 a year to send the poorest of the poor on to different hospitals.

It works now.
We already have universal health care, and anyone who walks into an ER will get treated in this country, regardless of their ability to pay. Well, unless they walk into the ER that Michelle Obama runs. She gets paid $350,000 a year to send the poorest of the poor on to different hospitals.

The US doesn't have universal health care. It has a hotch-potch of various schemes, but universal health care isn't one of them.

It's better than what they'll get once we socialize medicine, I guaranfuckentee you.

Medicine managed by the government.

Okay. I'd call that - this just me - "nationalised" medicine. Like in the post-WWII period in the UK where the Attlee government, among other things, created the National Health Service. The architect was a bloke called Aneurin "Nye" Bevan - Aneurin Bevan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But since Bevan's original policies things have changed in the area of nationalised medicine. It's probably a bit more complex now, different models are in place.

Personally I like the government agency as a single payer model. I'm pragmatic enough to support a private heath insurance sector as well.

If Universal Health Care could be run by the Church, probably. However, UHC would be run by the government which is not Christian and in many cases corrupt. A good compromise would be to give freely to those in need which happens today.

oh yea... I can see it now..

"Need your Meds? Come on down and devote your life to jesus first!"

:lol:

what a joke.

i mean, thank GOD that there has never been a corrupt christian organization!

Forum List

Back