Any Calvinist?

I used to be a Calvinist, but I think free will makes more sense now. Predestination relies too much on God controlling every aspect of our lives and thoughts.

I used to be a Calvinist, but I think free will makes more sense now. Predestination relies too much on God controlling every aspect of our lives and thoughts.

I am the opposite of you, I didnt attend a calvinistic church untill i was in my 30's. I like to here what people believe on it but learned a long time ago that nothing will start a fight quicker in a baptist church than this subject. Wth that said ,The question to me comes back to,What does it mean to be DEAD in your trespasses and sins? I believe dead is Lazarus after four days in the tomb.

I became a Calvinist around 30 myself.

Everyone is dead in their trespasses and sins until they are quickened by the Spirit of God and brought into a proper relationship with God. Salvation is a process that takes time, it is not an instantaneous event. First God convicts you of your sin, then that person must repent, then you move onto salvation. Until God convicts you of your sins you are dead in them.

Forum List

Back