Any blame in Yale and Harvard?

Mr. Sauerkraut

Dec 23, 2010
Heart of Germany
Ok friends

direct question: THe Business/Economic Schools of Harvard and Yale are the best known and best accredited schools for managers in the world. You can hardly make a big career in a big enterprise without having studied there.

But that does mean: THe roots of the drowning of the economy of the USA (and probably the rest of the world) must be searched there. Did they give any statement about that? I mean, the managers deploied only what the´ve told and learned. So aren´t the professors and teachers of the management schools part of the big depression now? Why don´t you force them for an answer? They drove you into the dirt, i think it would be their job to show working concepts to come out.

I searched aroundon the websites and there were been some interviews. but no word about "We did make a failure" or "Our teaching was wrong". Don´t you ask for that?

MBA programs around the world should be asking themselves whether they're focusing on profit at the expense of ethics. Many have, and many have not liked the answer.

Obviously, there has been very little emphasis on systemic risk.

Actually it is the only risk that the elites worry about. Because it can't be controlled and predicted of course.

Reality is that the elite class is the only class that matters anymore. They are expected to pursue their own self interests while the rest of us contribute to their self interests.

Once you understand that it all makes perfect sense.

It really is all about them.

Ok friends

direct question: THe Business/Economic Schools of Harvard and Yale are the best known and best accredited schools for managers in the world. You can hardly make a big career in a big enterprise without having studied there.

But that does mean: THe roots of the drowning of the economy of the USA (and probably the rest of the world) must be searched there. Did they give any statement about that? I mean, the managers deploied only what the´ve told and learned. So aren´t the professors and teachers of the management schools part of the big depression now? Why don´t you force them for an answer? They drove you into the dirt, i think it would be their job to show working concepts to come out.

I searched aroundon the websites and there were been some interviews. but no word about "We did make a failure" or "Our teaching was wrong". Don´t you ask for that?

interesting post, my humble opinion is, a majority of academics and the intelligentsia spend little time self scrutinizing. IF they did, we would not be repeating the same stupidity every 10-15 years.

I will say that , again, imho, the 60's and 80s were watersheds in how we interacted/operated in the social and business context. And there is no going back.

Forum List

Back