Any 1911 people here? Just found out something I didn't know.

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
If you have a 1911 pistol then you are familiar with the grip safety and how it has to be depressed by holding the pistol before it will fire. What you may not be familiar with is that if you cock the hammer back and then, without depressing the grip safety, if you pull back the hammer that last little bit and hold it there, you can pull the trigger to release the hammer. Without touching the grip safety. Both my 1911 pistols do this. Someone who has one try it and let me know if your pistol does it. I bet it will.

ATFcomeLook.jpg

• Banned
Because pulling the trigger back that last little bit makes it interact with the safety....Duh.
I saw that too. It just seems odd you can do it for some reason without completely depressing it. It's a feature!

If you have a 1911 pistol then you are familiar with the grip safety and how it has to be depressed by holding the pistol before it will fire. What you may not be familiar with is that if you cock the hammer back and then, without depressing the grip safety, if you pull back the hammer that last little bit and hold it there, you can pull the trigger to release the hammer. Without touching the grip safety. Both my 1911 pistols do this. Someone who has one try it and let me know if your pistol does it. I bet it will.

Sure are. Can't you smell the butterscotch and bengay?

Forum List

Back