ANWR Drilling Would Provide Quick Relief

I meant "we" in the sense of the system generally, not the US government specifically.

Sloppy language, I know, but sometimes describing what you mean perfectly just isn't really worth the effort.

My point is that the bottleneck isn't at the wellhead, it's at the refining process is all.

How about more drilling, adding to our refining capacity, controlling federal government expenditures and developing alternate energy sources?

How about taking some the billions they're making every quarter and building some damned refineries (someplace other than in my backyard of course).

I'm sorry, but theproblem is NOT a lack of raw petroeum, it's a lack of refining, and a run on oil futures that I cannot fully understand (but have to accept).

We see that the bubble is leaking now, right?

I do not think that's because Bush signed off on offshore drilling because the mavens understand that that gesture was basically meaningless.

Understand I dont hate the idea of drilling so much as I don't think that's really the solution in this crises.

How about taking some the billions they're making every quarter and building some damned refineries (someplace other than in my backyard of course).

I'm sorry, but theproblem is NOT a lack of raw petroeum, it's a lack of refining, and a run on oil futures that I cannot fully understand (but have to accept).

We see that the bubble is leaking now, right?

I do not think that's because Bush signed off on offshore drilling because the mavens understand that that gesture was basically meaningless.

Understand I dont hate the idea of drilling so much as I don't think that's really the solution in this crises.

I wonder how much these oil companies pay in taxes already? Couldn't the government have already taken these taxes and pay for building new refineries? I mean, if they have paid trillions of dollars in taxes the government could have already used the money, right? The last time we imposed a windfall profits taxes did you see the result?

Forum List

Back