"Antwone Fisher"

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by NATO AIR, Feb 18, 2006.

1. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    Has anyone watched this before?

The true story of a troubled sailor who embraces life and hope in the face of galling adversity (sexually and phsyically abused as a foster child, depression, violent temper) is a moving one that is well-worth your viewing time.

Starring Derek Luke and Denzel Washington (Denzel's debut as a director), I find it my favorite military movie, though it has less to do with the "military" compared to many other good films, it shows without a doubt the power of the military to change a person's life for the better, whether by direct or indirect means (in Antwone's case, a mixture of the two, as I believe is common).

The acting is good, several scenes are quite memorable and moving and watching it is a very worthy way of spending a weeknight or weekend afternoon.

2. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    I saw it on AMC a few months ago. Very interesting movie. Good, but not one that I'd want to watch again, sort of like how I felt about the Passion.

3. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    I can't bear to watch the Passion again. I remember we watched that on a deployment two years ago (the bootleg no less, sorry we'd just left Pusan, South Korea) and it was just so painful to watch what happened to Jesus. Just one long two hour beat down, not something I want to view again.