Antiquated Freedom Of The Press

LOL. Okey-dokey. Nonetheless, I strongly disagree with your idea to shred the Constitution either partially or wholly.
To Divine.Wind: Are you naturally dim-witted? or is it that do you simply cannot grasp the difference between defending the Constitution, and tearing it down as our free press has been doing for decades:
Frankly, the country would improve immensely if freedom of the press was removed from the First Amendment.
The press would have to defend freedom of speech for everybody in every venue as a matter of self-interest instead of only defending press protection while feeding freedom of speech to Democrat wolves.

To Divine.Wind: Are you naturally dim-witted?..
No. I do know the difference between an abusive asshole seeking to shred the Constitution due to a conspiracy theory about the "MSM" and someone who is concerned about how US journalism has turned into "infotainment" geared more towards making money rather than reporting the news.

Do you understand this difference, Flanders ?

No. I do know the difference between an abusive asshole seeking to shred the Constitution due to a conspiracy theory about the "MSM"
To Divine.Wind: Keep spinning your opinion while the majority of Americans who have no use for the media approaches the 80 - 90 percent level. The cultural change taking place caused by tens of millions hardly qualifies as a conspiracy theory:

conspiracy theory (noun)

A theory seeking to explain a disputed case or matter as a plot by a secret group or alliance rather than an individual or isolated act.

conspiracy theorist (noun)​

p.s. Americans always had a healthy distrust of journalism and journalists.

Americans lived by one tried and true rule when I was a kid in the Golden Age of Skepticism: Never believe anything you read and only half of what you see. Television came along and blew skepticism all to hell.

I grow up before television acquired so much influence over our culture. I know both Americas. That is why it constantly amazes me to see so many people believe everything they see and hear on television. Alas, if they hear it on television they believe it.​

Thanks to television’s big government bias, along with a huge increase in free speech on the Internet, the pendulum is swinging back to where it should be.

To Divine.Wind: Keep spinning your opinion while the majority of Americans who have no use for the media approaches the 80 - 90 percent level. ...
Link, please. Prove your work or intelligent people will see it's just your overactive apophenia.

The Founders provided the method to abolish the Electoral Collage, but I have yet to hear a liberal call for a constitutional amendment:

New York Times: End 'antiquated' Electoral College
By Eddie Scarry
12/20/16 9:08 AM

Frankly, the country would improve immensely if freedom of the press was removed from the First Amendment. The press (print and electronic) does more harm to this country every week than the Electoral Collage did in over 200 years.

I'm afraid you couldn't be more wrong.

Freedoms are inherently risky ... the right to bear arms means that people can and will be hurt. The right to free speech can mean people can and will be misinformed.

But, removal of those freedoms comes at a greater risk. An unarmed populace is at the mercy of evil men and women and a populace with only a single, sanctioned, source of news are only drones.
"freedom isn't free"
One of my FAVORITE sayings :thup:

Link, please. Prove your work or intelligent people will see it's just your overactive apophenia.
To Divine.Wind: I do not prove anything to my opposites. You will have to research my messages if you want more than the links and/or the facts I provide in the course of a specific discussion.

The Founders provided the method to abolish the Electoral Collage, but I have yet to hear a liberal call for a constitutional amendment:

By Eddie Scarry
12/20/16 9:08 AM

Frankly, the country would improve immensely if freedom of the press was removed from the First Amendment. The press (print and electronic) does more harm to this country every week than the Electoral Collage did in over 200 years.

I'm afraid you couldn't be more wrong.

Freedoms are inherently risky ... the right to bear arms means that people can and will be hurt. The right to free speech can mean people can and will be misinformed.

But, removal of those freedoms comes at a greater risk. An unarmed populace is at the mercy of evil men and women and a populace with only a single, sanctioned, source of news are only drones.
"freedom isn't free"
One of my FAVORITE sayings :thup:
Agreed. From 1965

Freedom Isn’t Free
Words- Paul Colwell
Music- Paul and Ralph Colwell

Freedom isn’t free! Freedom isn’t free!
You gotta pay a price…You’ve gotta sacrifice,
For your liberty.

Freedom is a word often heard today,
But if you wanna keep it there’s a price to pay.
Each generation’s gotta win it anew,
‘Cause it’s not something handed down to you.

For your liberty.

There was a gen’ral by the name of George,
With a small band of men at Valley Forge,
Left the comfort of home for the cold and ice,
They won Independence ‘cause they paid the price.

For your liberty.

To some people freedom is a waving flag,
To do your own thing is another man’s bag.
For ev’ry man freedom’s the eternal quest.
Free to give humanity your very best.

For your liberty.

Forum List

Back