Antifa Explained

If you're ANTIFA and hit people with a car it doesn't matter much.

If you're Black and hit people with a car it doesn't matter much.

If you're a White Supremacist and hit people with a car you're a uber villain evil monster.

Yet, these same Liberal hypocrites say we have White privilage... Hilarious.

Look at the difference in the amount of views.

7 Things You Need To Know About Antifa
gettyimages-830767670-2.jpg

Photo by Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images
ByMICHAEL QAZVINI
August 14, 2017

Over the weekend, Charlottesville erupted into chaos. White supremacists and neo-Nazis brawled with masked left-wing Antifa rioters in what could only be described as a battle between Satan and Lucifer.

While the mainstream Left has attempted to frame this weekend’s insanity as a one-sided issue, video evidence clearly demonstrates that members of Antifa, or anti-fascists, heavily contributed to the violence.

Here are seven things you need to know about Antifa:

1. Antifa uses fascist tactics to achieve its goals. Antifa is to anti-fascism what Stalin was to freedom. Antifa is fascism personified. Despite calling themselves “anti-fascist,” members of Antifa routinely deploy fascist tactics to shut down, intimidate, harass, and bloody their political opponents. In fact, the group gained national visibility after viciously targeting Trump supporters at an event in Berkeley. “They’ve shown up previously at Berkeley to shut down a ‘free speech’ event hosted by provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos, leaving damaged property, fires, and assault victims in their wake,” notes Conservative Review. Before that, Antifa thugs expressed their rage about Trump’s presidential victory by burning down liberal meccas like Portland and Oakland. Throwing rocks through Starbucks’ storefronts, slashing tires, burning parked cars, smashing windows at auto dealerships, shutting down public transit, and attacking police, these thugs effectively took control over major city centers in the days after Trump’s electoral victory.

2. The Department of Homeland Security labeled Antifa’s actions as “domestic terrorism.”“Shortly after Trump’s election, anarchist and far-left protesters rioted in Portland, bringing at least a million dollars' worth of damage — and resulting, in the eyes of the Department of Homeland Security, in 'domestic terrorism,'” explains Politico. The Antifa group in Portland, known as Rose City Antifa, is particularly violent. The group has actively targeted Republican organizations and student groups, threatening to shut down events with violence. The left-leaning Oregonian newspaper has called Rose City Antifa’s rampage the worst political violence in a generation. “Their actions — conducted anonymously but brutally — show them to be punk fascists,” said the paper’s editorial board.

3. Antifa uses "black bloc" attacks to promote violence, sow chaos, and evade law enforcement. Like their counterparts in Europe, American leftist activists often promote violence and reap chaos through time-tested tactics such as black bloc assaults, which feature thousands of black-clad and masked self-professed anarchists destroying everything in sight with hockey sticks, baseball bats, metal poles, trash cans, and virtually anything they can get their hands on.

The tactic was popularized by leftist rioters during the 1999 World Trade Organization protests in Seattle. Since then, it has been deployed by an eclectic blend of leftists at both college campuses and international summits in an effort to terrorize those who promulgate problematic points of view, including capitalism, patriarchy, and alleged racism.

4. Antifa’s garbled ideology is grounded in Marxism. All Antifa members seem to share an aversion to capitalism. Beyond that, Antifa’s political aim cannot be pinned down to one issue or cause. Ultimately, these violent leftist activists do not appear to have a coherent, let alone unified, message. When they riot, activists air their grievances about everything from climate change to transphobia in an effort to espouse whatever fashionable leftist talking point is popular at the time.

As Time Magazine notes “There's not one set answer” when it comes to Antifa’s ideology.

“Anti-fascist groups have long protested globalization in Europe. These days in the U.S., Antifa protestors are often bound by an opposition to capitalism. Some may also describe themselves as anarchists, people who question authority on principle,” explains Time.

Time magazine even spoke with an anonymous Antifa member to gain some clarity about the group’s ideology, but the Antifa member simply listed a catalogue of abstract “-isms” the leftist group is opposed to.

“The standard for Antifa ideology is anti-capitalism, anti-fascism of course,” said the far-leftist, adding:

Those are kind of the two main pillars, but within that, encompassed, it also comes with being anti-racism, anti-sexism, anti-ableism, anti-transphobia, anything like that and just protecting people who are marginalized and oppressed.

Moreover, there is no central institution governing Antifa’s offshoots in Portland, Berkeley, Charlottesville and elsewhere. The group is largely fragmented and decentralized.

“The Antifa movement is a loose and informal one,” notes Time. “But the label is becoming more visible, showing up in graffiti on college campuses and forums for grassroots organizers online.”

5. The mainstream Left is praising Antifa. Berkeley’s student newspaper isn’t the only one celebrating the thuggish group for their violent tactics in the age of Trump. From Esquire to Slateto The Nation, mainstream liberal publications are glorifying Antifa’s “resistance,” reframing their violent tactics as “defensive” posturing against the Trumpian America’s supposed plunge into fascism. Paranoid and conspiracy minded, the mainstream Left has abandoned all sense of political decorum to embrace vigilantism. And even liberals who aren’t explicitly praising Antifa are refusing to condemn their behavior. “Trump’s rise has also bred a new sympathy for Antifa among some on the mainstream left,” asserts The Atlantic.

6. The vast majority of Antifa members are pitiable losers. As The Daily Wire’s Aaron Bandler reported, 9 in 10 Antifa members are still living in their mother’s basement. Citing a report by Heat Street, Bandler noted “92% of the protesters at these anti-fascist rallies that are believed to have committed violence still live with their parents.”

While Antifa claims to support “diversity,” the group’s rank-and-file is comprised mostly of single, unemployed young white males (far-left Antifa meet “alt-right” neo-Nazis and white supremacists).

7. Antifa conflates speech with violence, believing that “offensive” rhetoric, “hate” speech, and micro-aggressions should be counteracted with macro-aggressions, or physical violence. Internalizing the social justice warrior (SJW) gospel, Antifa has come to believe that speech itself is tantamount to physical assault. As a result, Antifa deploys violent tactics to shut down speech they don’t like. We saw that vividly in Berkeley.

“In the name of fighting for those ideals — and putting a stop to ‘hate speech’—some antifa protestors will employ militant tactics or violent means such as vandalism,” explains Time.

Antifa’s tactics aren’t just violent but counterproductive to their poorly-articulated goals.

7 Things You Need To Know About Antifa

Yep, I love lording it over people. I take particular pleasure in abusing small dogs and kittens too!:lmao:
Some people have something to say and some become mods.

Fortunately for you I'm both! Got a puppy I can kick?:laugh:
You came here accusing me of being a fascist without knowing the difference between fascist and anti-fascist, so let me help you out.

characteristics of fascism
pro dictatorship and anti-democracy
pro military, pro police
pro imperialist foreign policy
pro state, nationalist, xenophobic
pro toxic masculinity
racist, anti-semitic

characteristics of anti-fascism
pro peaceful foreign policy
pro community, pro worker rights
pro feminist and anti-racist

Rofl! You can't possibly expect anyone to take this list seriously when it contains items such as:

pro toxic masculinity

I assume you are a male. What have you done to combat your toxic masculinity? I can immediately tell that your posts written with a male perspective. Fix your toxic masculinity issue and cut off the little that remains of your balls already.
If I came here with the name anti-trump, you fascists would not be trying to equate me to Trump ball lickers. The only reason you try to equate anti-fascist to fascist is because that is the talking point fed to you dittoheads.

Look at all the fools parroting what they were told instead of using common sense to see the clear difference.
"Look at the fool parroting what he is told, instead of using common sense to see the clear difference."

You just described yourself.

You came here accusing me of being a fascist without knowing the difference between fascist and anti-fascist, so let me help you out.

pro military, pro police
pro toxic masculinity
racist, anti-semitic

Rofl! You can't possibly expect anyone to take this list seriously when it contains items such as:

pro toxic masculinity

I assume you are a male. What have you done to combat your toxic masculinity? I can immediately tell that your posts written with a male perspective. Fix your toxic masculinity issue and cut off the little that remains of your balls already.
If I came here with the name anti-trump, you fascists would not be trying to equate me to Trump ball lickers. The only reason you try to equate anti-fascist to fascist is because that is the talking point fed to you dittoheads.

Look at all the fools parroting what they were told instead of using common sense to see the clear difference.
"Look at the fool parroting what he is told, instead of using common sense to see the clear difference."

Leftists always project... it's their way.

pro military, pro police
pro toxic masculinity
racist, anti-semitic

pro toxic masculinity

I especially like how they used a WALL to stop the invasion.

Maybe we should do the same. This antifa loser can go on the other side... or stay on his parent's basement. Which ever is more effective at combating his toxic masculinity.

pro military, pro police
pro toxic masculinity
racist, anti-semitic

pro toxic masculinity

I especially like how they used a WALL to stop the invasion.

Maybe we should do the same. This antifa loser can go on the other side... or stay on his parent's basement. Which ever is more effective at combating his toxic masculinity.
He'd rather remain in Mommy's presence.

He's safe clinging to Mommy's bossom.

The minute he gets his ass beaten he will run home.

Antifa is merely a collection of weirdos who want to be tough guys, but youre too chicken shit to get into one on one fights. You guys just throw rocks and hit people with sticks, then immediately run away as you hide behind your coward masks. Everyone hates you, except for those of us on the right because, you make the left look really bad. All those videos of Antifa attacking people at Trump rallies infuriated the nation, which is why Trump won, so thank you for that. YOU won him the election. I really hope we see you guys again in 3 years.
We may be weirdoes but the youngsters are very active in their attempt to force change. What are you doing to end fascism?
Facism: a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition

Learn the definition and then quit being a fucking weirdo.
It's obvious that you didn't watch the video.
It's obvious that you don't even know the definition of thing thing you claim you are fighting.
If you watch the video you will see it does a pretty good job of explain what Antifa is fighting.

Do you believe there is such a thing as institutional racism in the U.S.?
Do you believe there is a way to avoid a civil war with the alt-right?

I have a friend who worked for antifa last summer at trump rallies. He just likes to fight, and doesnt seem to hold any particular political view except he hates white people.
No one works for Antifa. There are no members in Antifa.

Dear antifa
I think by members this refers to
when you referred to "we" in your OP:
"as if you know what we are about."

It seems you want the same powers in numbers as Corporations use
in place of individual accountability. But instead you get right back
the same collective denouncement of the whole group instead of
considering your individual actions, such as when you tried to point
out that Antifa "members"/protestors end up protecting people against attacks.

You want credit for individual actions instead of the collective image that is negative,
but then don't want to accept individual accountability as the man did who gives his
name and represents himself in the video.

I ran into this same problem with Occupy.
The collective group ended up costing more problems
because the individuals willing to take and invest individual responsibility
got run over by the ones with no responsibility. So this collective mob
mentality has destroyed every movement because the people trying
to enact responsible constructive and longterm change get run out
by the mobs of people just in it for show in the media.

We had a very similar discussion and debate, where the MEN
in the group just wanted to commit hit and run protests for the media,
and it was the women and longer term activists struggling to pay
the costs to do the real work that was going to make a difference over time.

antifa please read my previous msg that was longer
very carefully, and tell me if there is any idea you see that
antifa protestors could connect with Occupy and other
Anti-racist activists through pacifica radio for longer term solutions.

If you look at the shorter messages, where people only attack you
over the White Supremacist or violence issues, that is EXACTLY
what you said, a DISTRACTION. You can see the MEN posters
just attacking each other for TURF, while the people with solutions
that I've been trying to rally support around (as outlined in my msg)
get ZERO support because this isn't some glamorous hype in the media
that can be explained in 30 seconds or less. the longterm solutions
LOSE out, as you can see by you and others getting sidetracked.

That has nothing to do with really solving longterm problems.

If you think Chris Hedges is just a sell out, maybe you and I
and Mark Bray can ask him, would he support these longer term solutions?

So we can HAVE both the media team that does this visual protests for hype sake,
AND HAVE the longterm activists and teams working on sustainable solutions in the background.

Can we have BOTH?

Both what Mark Bray/Antifa are trying to do with media hype targeting easy targets
that even the mainstream media can cover quickly

And what Chris Hedges and I are saying are necessary for systemic change
over the long haul?

Please consider that as well, antifa
if we get divided against each other, that's where the other side wins
If we find ways to work together, and cover all bases,
that's how the bad guys win by playing both sides.
We need to learn the same tactics but apply them to
the right solutions that help all people, not apply them for destructive ends
but for sustainable social solutions that unify and uplift people

Thanks and hope we can pull together
the best ideas here, and use them all!
Occupy is (was) a very important movement for everybody interested in holding government accountable. Maybe even moreso than Seattle WTO protests. It proved that Obama tyranny is worse than Clinton.

You refuse to accept the fact that agent provocateurs are the ones trying to disrupt and discredit all these protests. It may already be too late to prevent civil war but that doesn't mean we should become inactive.
Jackass.

i don't think you are prepared for a Civil War.

I hope you have planned for your coming demise.

I suggest you get your affairs in order.

Antifa is merely a collection of weirdos who want to be tough guys, but youre too chicken shit to get into one on one fights. You guys just throw rocks and hit people with sticks, then immediately run away as you hide behind your coward masks. Everyone hates you, except for those of us on the right because, you make the left look really bad. All those videos of Antifa attacking people at Trump rallies infuriated the nation, which is why Trump won, so thank you for that. YOU won him the election. I really hope we see you guys again in 3 years.
We may be weirdoes but the youngsters are very active in their attempt to force change. What are you doing to end fascism?
Facism: a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition

It's obvious that you don't even know the definition of thing thing you claim you are fighting.
If you watch the video you will see it does a pretty good job of explain what Antifa is fighting.

There is no civil war with the "alt right" (whatever that even means. i guess anyone with a MAGA hat?) and there is no institutional racism. As for the explanation of what youre fighting, you said you were fighting fascism. You have yet to demonstrate that it even exists, and until you do, im not watching any of your videos, so convince me your video is worth watching.

There is no civil war with the "alt right" (whatever that even means. i guess anyone with a MAGA hat?) and there is no institutional racism. As for the explanation of what youre fighting, you said you were fighting fascism. You have yet to demonstrate that it even exists, and until you do, im not watching any of your videos, so convince me your video is worth watching.
It's not my job to convince you of anything. You continue on with life believing there is no institutional racism or fascism in America.

It is clear that Antifa are against right wing ideologies and the present ruling elites. However it is hard to find any clear and detailed information about what Antifa is seeking to build in terms of institutions, administrative bodies, economy or laws to govern society.

Antifa's rhetoric and calls to action sound more like a petulant and angry child than a mature and reasoned view of the future and how to build it.

If Antifa did win a civil war, what would it build? What is the plan?

It's not my job to convince you of anything. You continue on with life believing there is no institutional racism or fascism in America.
I find it funny that anti-capitalist are trying so hard to push this “handbook” and trying to make money. This is definitely a marketing scheme, using free marketing. And it’s marketing some fire and brimstone esque, deformed monster of a self help book based on “listen to us, reject a marketplace of ideas and instead punch, and you’ll gain access to political Elysium.” Is there a more obvious screen name than antifa? I don’t think I’ve ever seen a rider on porcelain horse, house on top of sand kind of theology (yes it’s theology, you heard me right) than this. You inject the slightest iota of critical thinking into this political Puritan thinking, and it immediately crumbles before your eyes. I can’t believe how dead critical thinking is for these people.

Nobody in the movement seems to understand what Fascism means but it sounds pretty good to call a Police Officer a fascist as you are being hauled off to jail. ANTIFA has nothing to do with fascism. It's nothing but recycled anarchy. Generally speaking fascism is government control over the production and distribution of goods and services. The current President is the opposite of fascist but elitist lefties and foreign agitators like Bray are so full of anger that they can't think straight and the current crop of domestic ANTIFA proponents are too ignorant and angry to understand anything but violence.

First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Socialist.

Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Trade Unionist.

Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

Sounds like the SJWs and antifa.......they do go after everyone

Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Trade Unionist.

German Labour Front - Wikipedia
http://www.peoplesworld.org/article/today-in-labor-history-nazis-destroy-unions/
On May 2, 1933, Adolf Hitler’s storm troopers occupied all trade union headquarters across Germany, and union leaders were arrested and put in prison or concentration camps. Many were beaten and tortured. All of the unions’ funds – in other words, the workers’ money – were confiscated. Former union officials were put on blacklists, preventing them from finding work.

The Nazis, much like some far-rightists in our own country then and now, saw that unions exercised significant power by representing workers’ interests and promoting a democratic humanitarian outlook among workers. The unions presented a barrier to the Nazi effort to control all areas of life and create a corporate-fascist state. Therefore, the Nazis made a priority of eliminating trade unions in Germany.
Very similar to the fascists Reagan and Trump. Stop pretending that fascist are leftist who care about the working class.

wait you think communists care about the working class?

bwahahahahahhhahaahaha

Reagan and Trump care way more about them then Obama (no jobs are the new normal) or commies like Mao and Stalin.......

Not behaving like a fascist.....lets start with that

Forum List

Back