Antiamericanism on the right.

Pyrite

Mar 11, 2009
It's honestly shocking to me to see conservatives across the world applauding at the city of Chicago losing it's bid for the Olympics in 2016. Apparently seeing an opportunity for America's cultural and economic gain pass America by is a cause for celebration, simply because it represents Obama's efforts toward that have failed. If Obama was trying to climb up a tree to save a kitten dangling over the highway, and the kitten let go and fell to it's death before he could get to it, I imagine that the kittens demise would be greeted with fanfare by the conservative community, with pundits slapping each other on the back and saying "I guess that shows him!"

I'm starting to wonder whose fucking side you guys are on. It doesn't seem to be ours.

You realize the Olympics tend to cause nothing but problems for the host city, correct? Why would we want that for any American city?

You realize the Olympics tend to cause nothing but problems for the host city, correct? Why would we want that for any American city?

I don't think anyone should be applauding how bad one of our major cities would be unable to handle such a event due to high crime, etc. Except that is what is going on. I didn't want the Olympics to go to Chicago, nothing good would of come out of it for the record.

Yes, I can see how all that money from tourists and atheletes would be a serious problem for Chicago. I don't know how they'd ever recover.

Yes, I can see how all that money from tourists and atheletes would be a serious problem for Chicago. I don't know how they'd ever recover.

Consider the corruption and crime in Chicago for a moment, those two factors alone would of made it difficult for the Olympics to come there. Never mind that many things would have to be built and probably never used again. This would result in wasteful spending. Besides, tourists aren't going to come in droves like they use to. Especially with the internet and television being what it is today.

I feel bad for Rio because this is going to make things worse for them and the Olympics is going to have a host of problems.

It's honestly shocking to me to see conservatives across the world applauding at the city of Chicago losing it's bid for the Olympics in 2016. Apparently seeing an opportunity for America's cultural and economic gain pass America by is a cause for celebration, simply because it represents Obama's efforts toward that have failed. If Obama was trying to climb up a tree to save a kitten dangling over the highway, and the kitten let go and fell to it's death before he could get to it, I imagine that the kittens demise would be greeted with fanfare by the conservative community, with pundits slapping each other on the back and saying "I guess that shows him!"

I'm starting to wonder whose fucking side you guys are on. It doesn't seem to be ours.

I have not seen evidence of what you have said here. Can you post some links, or otherwise information that points to such celebrations?

Someone not being enthralled with the Olympics in Chicago is not anti-American. If you think it is, you don't understand the meaning of the word you used.

I have not seen evidence of what you have said here. Can you post some links, or otherwise information that points to such celebrations?

What sort of evidence are you looking for? Because it's out there with Conservatives cheering about Chicago losing the Olympics. A bunch of them talked about how Chicago needs to change and become a better city even. However, since victory has been accomplished, they will go back to not giving a fuck about it.

How about all the money that would have to be spent to host the games? They'd spend money trying to beautify the city so they can try to impress all the rest of the world, they'd crack down on any "crime" they can come up with, police state nonsense the likes of which we saw recently in Pittsburgh for the G20 meeting, the inevitable corruption, and all at the expense of the taxpayers.

Consider the corruption and crime in Chicago for a moment, those two factors alone would of made it difficult for the Olympics to come there. Never mind that many things would have to be built and probably never used again. This would result in wasteful spending. Besides, tourists aren't going to come in droves like they use to. Especially with the internet and television being what it is today.

I feel bad for Rio because this is going to make things worse for them and the Olympics is going to have a host of problems.

I've lived in Chicago for more than thirty years since I got out of the military. Sure, there are some places that are not so nice, but it's the same in every big city. Chicago is a beautiful city.

LA made a quarter billion back in 1984. Cites can handle the Olympics because they have a lot of stadiums and public transportation. Remember, LA used pools at the Universities and simply cleaned up the sports facilities.

There real reason Republicans are against America is because they hate Obama. He isn't the white color. They are ashamed that their political party tried to ruin this country during the last eight years tearing down the economy, the justice department, the department of defense and education. Everything they touched turned to sh!t. No way around that. They want the president to fail and many want to secede from the union. They want to teach mysticism in public schools. They are a minority that is dying out much too slowly. Which will last longer? Republican fanatics or the United States of America?

Someone not being enthralled with the Olympics in Chicago is not anti-American. If you think it is, you don't understand the meaning of the word you used.

I'm not talking about "not being enthralled" or "thinking it was a bad idea", I'm talking about celebrations and applause at the news that Chicago lost it's bid.

I'm not talking about "not being enthralled" or "thinking it was a bad idea", I'm talking about celebrations and applause at the news that Chicago lost it's bid.

That is not anti-American. Not even close. Words have meaning. Until and unless you have valid verified proof that persons against Chicago receiving the bid were in fact against America itself in any and all ways, you are using the word anti-American in a wrong manner.

That is not anti-American. Not even close. Words have meaning. Until and unless you have valid verified proof that persons against Chicago receiving the bid were in fact against America itself in any and all ways, you are using the word anti-American in a wrong manner.

So what would you call the desire for America to fail just so that it will make Obama look bad?

Oh, off it.

Boyking only made the pitch for the Olympics so his pals in the Chicago machine could clean up on real estate deals and other various and sundry gubmint boondoggles.

Your cynicism guage needs a cleaning and recalibration.

So what would you call the desire for America to fail just so that it will make Obama look bad?
America is dumped into the 'failure' pool whenever we don't get an Olympics? Huh. I learn something new every day.

Translation = I can't back up my opening post with anything resembling fact much less objective reasoning. Therefore, I will deflect and obfuscate until I find someone who agrees with my logical fallacy.

America is dumped into the 'failure' pool whenever we don't get an Olympics? Huh. I learn something new every day.

"To fail" is a verb. We failed to get into the Olympics. I didn't say that makes America a failure, only that it did, in fact, fail to do something.

We did not succeed, hence, we failed.

What shocks me is that some people are so giddy because of this.

"To fail" is a verb. We failed to get into the Olympics. I didn't say that makes America a failure, only that it did, in fact, fail to do something.

We did not succeed, hence, we failed.

What shocks me is that some people are so giddy because of this.
For the half of Chicago citizens who didn't want all the folderol that accompanied getting the Olympics, it was a great success.

I guess all of them are right-wingers too, huh?

and again, from earlier this year....

porksticker2.jpg

...something I'm sure they'd rather people forget.

Some people think Chicago would not have been a good choice for the Games, nor would the Games have been good for Chicago. I personally like the idea of the world spending some time partying in Rio. :eusa_dance:

Forum List

Back