Antiabortion Georgia has some of the highest infant mortality rates in the US.

The recently signed Georgia law does include exceptions for rape and incest, as well as for medical emergencies. But the law will hurt patients in Georgia, which has some of the highest rates of maternal mortality in the country, said Redman, the Spark Reproductive Justice Now executive director.

ā€œPeople are dying because of the maternal health here in Georgia,ā€ she said. ā€œThe fact that weā€™re eliminating a health care option, a service, will do a disservice to Georgians,ā€ especially black, queer, and low-income people who are disproportionately likely to seek abortion care.

The "heartbeat" bills that could ban almost all abortions, explained

Wow, I guess Iā€™ve been right all along. Republicans donā€™t really care about the baby. This is all about controlling women. Start by legislating their bodies.

D6S04TTW0AU7gEu

I donā€™t agree with the law, but I support a stateā€™s right to decide address the issue as they see fit. Itā€™s Better than have the federal government stick its nose in where it doesnā€™t belong.

For the record, I personally feel that abortions in general should not be performed after the first trimester, and there is ZERO logic in exceptions for rape and incest.
News Bulletin: The Constitution superseded the Articles of Confederation. . The 14th amendment renders the bill of rights binding on the states.

The late great Anthony Scalia acknowledged that abortion is a state issue. I will take his word over that of any poster on this forum.
acknowledged ? Poor choice of words. He believed that it was a state issue just like he believed that marriage is a state issue. That does not mean that they are state issues.

The recently signed Georgia law does include exceptions for rape and incest, as well as for medical emergencies. But the law will hurt patients in Georgia, which has some of the highest rates of maternal mortality in the country, said Redman, the Spark Reproductive Justice Now executive director.

ā€œPeople are dying because of the maternal health here in Georgia,ā€ she said. ā€œThe fact that weā€™re eliminating a health care option, a service, will do a disservice to Georgians,ā€ especially black, queer, and low-income people who are disproportionately likely to seek abortion care.

Wow, I guess Iā€™ve been right all along. Republicans donā€™t really care about the baby. This is all about controlling women. Start by legislating their bodies.

D6S04TTW0AU7gEu
These red state legislators are not pro-life, they are pro-forced birth....after a baby is viable and born, screw 'em.

D6S04TTW0AU7gEu

I donā€™t agree with the law, but I support a stateā€™s right to decide address the issue as they see fit. Itā€™s Better than have the federal government stick its nose in where it doesnā€™t belong.

For the record, I personally feel that abortions in general should not be performed after the first trimester, and there is ZERO logic in exceptions for rape and incest.
News Bulletin: The Constitution superseded the Articles of Confederation. . The 14th amendment renders the bill of rights binding on the states.

The late great Anthony Scalia acknowledged that abortion is a state issue. I will take his word over that of any poster on this forum.
Maybe you also think that the federal courts should not have a say in this:

Matt Walsh: Government Should Force 12-Year-Old To Give Birth To Fatherā€™s Incest Baby

or this

Michigan Senator Kim LaSata: Abortion ā€˜Should Be Painful,ā€™ Women Should Suffer

D6S04TTW0AU7gEu

acknowledged ? Poor choice of words. He believed that it was a state issue just like he believed that marriage is a state issue. That does not mean that they are state issues.

Like I said, when it comes to the constitution, his opinion has higher value and credibility than yours.

D6S04TTW0AU7gEu

Maybe you also think that the federal courts should not have a say in this:

Matt Walsh: Government Should Force 12-Year-Old To Give Birth To Fatherā€™s Incest Baby

or this

Michigan Senator Kim LaSata: Abortion ā€˜Should Be Painful,ā€™ Women Should Suffer

I think the Federal court should not be involved in abortion. As for a woman who wants an abortion but lives where they are illegal, she needs to get the abortion where it is legal.

Jawja ? When you do too much meth and nail your little sister on the hood of the rusty 1974 Pinto in the back yard, don't expect it to end well.

Imagine being a woman who went through a tragic miscarry of a baby she wanted and Republicans come and investigate her for murder?
After Puerto Rico, turning asylum-seekers away, trying to cut pre-existing conditions and protections, and tax cuts for billionaires, itā€™s pretty clear Republicans are some cruel people.
Imagine being raped by incesteral brother and have a child.

I think the Federal court should not be involved in abortion. As for a woman who wants an abortion but lives where they are illegal, she needs to get the abortion where it is legal.
Are you saying Texas women should leave the state if they want abortion. You are crazy.

You can make a lot of fake claims associated with statistics especially if you start out with an incorrect assumption. The state of Georgia is not anti-abortion. Despite the current trend of heartbeat laws, abortions are just as liberal in Georgia as they are anywhere else. It's interesting to note that the "maternal mortality rate" extends to 42 days after the termination of a pregnancy including birth and abortion. It's an unfortunate fact of life that more Black women undergo abortions than White or Hispanics and Georgia has the highest Black population in the U.S., so do the math. It's possible that abortions might be the cause of "maternal mortality" so stricter laws against abortion might be saving mothers as well as children.

Forum List

Back