Anti-war writer exposed as liar

MtnBiker

Sep 28, 2003
Rocky Mountains
Rangers Lead The Way in Exposing Author As a Fraud

In the Style section last summer we profiled a Los Angeles writer named Micah Ian Wright, who'd just published a shrill antiwar poster book called "You Back the Attack! We'll Bomb Who We Want!" In his book, he described himself as a veteran of combat, a former Army Ranger whose experiences during the 1989 invasion of Panama turned him into a peacenik. In interviews with The Post and other media, he played up that background.

Wright, it turns out, is a liar. He never served in the military -- and confessed that last week to his publisher, Seven Stories Press, after we insisted on evidence of his service. Pursuing a tip from real Rangers who'd never heard of Wright, we filed three Freedom of Information Act requests with separate Army commands -- and last month finally confirmed that Wright never served.

"I feel awful about it. It was a lie that just grew and grew and grew," Wright, 34, told us Friday. He said mounting combat deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan, including that of Ranger Pat Tillman, compound his sense of remorse: "I plan to make a public apology on my Web site [www.micahwright.com]."

Full Story

What a scumbag! :mad:

This what libs do. Their moral relativism and, ironically, their 100% dogmatic belief in the purity and perfection of their own views, permit this kind of behavior. He'll still be a lefty hero after this.

I feel awful about it. It was a lie that just grew and grew and grew," Wright, 34, told us Friday.

You may be right RWA, it seems that he was alright with a lie, but once it "just grew and grew" it became a problem. What a shmuck!

Originally posted by MtnBiker
You may be right RWA, it seems that he was alright with a lie, but once it "just grew and grew" it became a problem. What a shmuck!

may. may? may be right? pffffffttttttt! fuggedaboutit!

email addy [email protected]
according to http://www.micahwright.com/contact.htm

Micah,

My boy I must say I am proud of you for confessing your failures as a man. It takes a huge amount of courage to admit that you lied for years about the thing you simply were not man enough to do. I hope that you will follow up this courage with restitution in the form of contributing the profits of your seditious posters to bringing a bit of aid and comfort to the families of our war dead. By any chance do you have the copywrite and or trademark releases on file for those posters you plagerized? Or is this just another lie?

I dread it coming, but I know that it is only a matter of time before we are attacked by the enemies of freedom. I hope you are there. Not as a victim of course. I hope you have an opportunity to witness what your sedition is helping to bring to life. I hope you stand in awe of the EMS guys who will respond. Then I hope you are in awe of the Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, and Marines who will "Take it from there".

Sleep well. With friends like you, the DNC has no need of enemas.

Phillip E. Gwinn
Master Sergeant of Marines (ret)
Abilene TX

An Anti War Writer lied?!?!?! Oh there's a big surprise. Thats an incredible...I think im going to have a heart attack and die from that surprise.

Is anyone really surprised when a liberal lies?

Forum List

Back