Anti-war protesters arrested near White House

As long as they weren't inside the gates or climbing them, Care, how is asking them to leave a lawful order?
It's thuggery, pure and simple

Not if they're blocking access. The White House, like any other public building, must be able to carry on it's lawful business.

Nobody goes through those gates anymore.

Doesn't matter. What matters is that it is an access point. If you're told to clear an access point, you clear the access point. It was a few feet. Seems to me the protesters were either:

a. very stupid
b. looking to get arrested to make the news.

Possibly c.... both.

Were they protesting the Iraq war?
Do they not read the papers? That's over.
Or maybe it was just an excuse not to take a bath.

You should read past the headlines that quote officials where they get into the actual facts.

Try telling the 50,000 US soldiers engaging in combat operations in Iraq that the war is over.

the 50k soldiers are not engaging in combat....the combat operations ended september of 2010 with a big ceremony, from all that i have read on it.

Not if they're blocking access. The White House, like any other public building, must be able to carry on it's lawful business.

Doesn't matter. What matters is that it is an access point. If you're told to clear an access point, you clear the access point. It was a few feet. Seems to me the protesters were either:

a. very stupid

Possibly c.... both.

First, the story does not say they were blocking access, it just says they were asked to away form the gates. You use that to make assumptions and to justify the actions of the police.

Second, I never defended the protestors actions, I just stated that my opinion is they did not need a permit.

Third, if they wanted to get arrested and make the news, they succeeded. That means that you are actually making their point for them.

You should read past the headlines that quote officials where they get into the actual facts.

Try telling the 50,000 US soldiers engaging in combat operations in Iraq that the war is over.

the 50k soldiers are not engaging in combat....the combat operations ended september of 2010 with a big ceremony, from all that i have read on it.

Remember Bush's speech under that "Mission Accomplished" banner?

a. very stupid

Possibly c.... both.

First, the story does not say they were blocking access, it just says they were asked to away form the gates. You use that to make assumptions and to justify the actions of the police.

Second, I never defended the protestors actions, I just stated that my opinion is they did not need a permit.

Third, if they wanted to get arrested and make the news, they succeeded. That means that you are actually making their point for them.

I didn't say they were blocking access, I said if they were told to move away from the access point, and chose not to, then they were breaking the law. I have no interest in defending the police or the protesters.... just stating a fact.

US Forces are still fighting in Iraq and they still get attacked by insurgents.

U.S. Troops Still Fighting in Iraq Despite Obama Announcement | FPJ

3 U.S. troops killed in Iraq - Los Angeles Times

Just because the president makes a random announcement about 'ending combat operations' does not make it true. It was a deliberate political move that has little to no influence on what is actually happening. People here think combat ops are done and therefore our guys are no longer going outside the wire and getting shot at/blown up but that is a damn fallacy. Nothing really changed and the directive that we had before is almost the same as the one we have now. The difference is the headlines can claim that the combat is over.

As California Girl said, blocking an entry and preventing the authorized individuals from going into or out of an establishment exceeds their right to peaceful assembly. Actually, while the right to peacefully assemble is clearly in the Constitution, nowhere in the Constitution does it specify where you can or cannot assemble. As such, that decision can be left to the states. The states can and do restrict the gathering of protestors in some areas, setting minimum distances from certain areas. Thus, if you and others gather in front of gates of passage or get too close to sensitive areas, the authorities are within their rights to arrest and detain violators. If you're not obstructing people from their jobs or creating a hazard to others, then wave your banners and signs all you want.

More than 100 anti-war protesters, including the man who leaked the Pentagon Papers, were arrested outside the White House on Saturday in demonstrations marking the eighth anniversary of the U.S.-led war in Iraq.

News from The Associated Press

bozo's still stuck in the 1960's.....................epic fAiL:lol::lol::lol: Would be awesome to have zero responsibilities in life!!!

Didn't you know it is felony racism to protest against Obama?

Actually, this is a continuation of Bush's policy
Bush Outlaws War Protest - Citizens Face Full Asset Seizure

“[war protesters give] aid to terrorists, for they erode our national unity and … give ammunition to America’s enemies.” - Attorney General John Ashcroft, 12/5/01

The American Conservative -- "Free-Speech Zone"

Welcome to the old Soviet Union where national security is used to make dissent illegal.
Bush, Now Obama:

Obama lacks the political courage to change anything.

One of the major goals of the War on Terrorism is shut down Leftist Anti-war protest. Why? -because the State does not want to be forced to vacate another war ala Vietnam. The old Left critique of government is now illegal. The war on ACORN and Unions and anti-war protest has all been solidified under Obama.

People, you are witnessing the official end of the American Left. Even when the Left is in power, they have no power. Weaklings

Terrorism is successful when it gets us to repeal our fundamental liberties. Welcome to a 3rd term of Bush.

Last edited:
London, it is nice seeing that some good will come from Obama's tenure in the White House. "People, you are witnessing the official end of the American Left. Even when the Left is in power, they have no power. Weaklings" (Londoner) Now what could be nicer then that.

"Obama, has proven himself to be the most incompetent President in American history." (yota5 said that.)

Didn't you know it is felony racism to protest against Obama?

Actually, this is a continuation of Bush's policy
Bush Outlaws War Protest - Citizens Face Full Asset Seizure

“[war protesters give] aid to terrorists, for they erode our national unity and … give ammunition to America’s enemies.” - Attorney General John Ashcroft, 12/5/01

The American Conservative -- "Free-Speech Zone"

Welcome to the old Soviet Union where national security is used to make dissent illegal.
Bush, Now Obama:

Obama lacks the political courage to change anything.

One of the major goals of the War on Terrorism is shut down Leftist Anti-war protest. Why? -because the State does not want to be forced to vacate another war ala Vietnam. The old Left critique of government is now illegal. The war on ACORN and Unions and anti-war protest has all been solidified under Obama.

People, you are witnessing the official end of the American Left. Even when the Left is in power, they have no power. Weaklings

Terrorism is successful when it gets us to repeal our fundamental liberties. Welcome to a 3rd term of Bush.

That must be why the thousands of protest against the war during the bush years were all arrested for violating this order. It is also the reason that we no longer see war protesters anywhere.....

Your source is complete crap by the way. Come up with something not peddling immortality in their banners and some credible sources that don't rely on nameless 'soviet lawyers' and then we can talk...

Forum List

Back