Anti-war protesters arrested near White House

Why arrested?

For protesting?

I'm confused.....

Didn't you know it is felony racism to protest against Obama?

:eusa_hand:

AP Photo
AP Photo/Jacquelyn Martin
Advertisement
Buy AP Photo Reprints

WASHINGTON (AP) -- More than 100 anti-war protesters, including the man who leaked the Pentagon Papers, were arrested outside the White House in demonstrations marking the eighth anniversary of the U.S.-led war in Iraq.

The protesters, some shouting anti-war slogans and singing "We Shall Not Be Moved," were arrested Saturday after ignoring orders to move away from the gates of the White House.

As long as they weren't inside the gates or climbing them, Care, how is asking them to leave a lawful order?
It's thuggery, pure and simple

As long as they weren't inside the gates or climbing them, Care, how is asking them to leave a lawful order?

Not if they're blocking access. The White House, like any other public building, must be able to carry on it's lawful business.

April 25 marks the 113th anniversary of the start of the Spanish American war.
Who's coming to DC with me?

Not if they're blocking access. The White House, like any other public building, must be able to carry on it's lawful business.
Fair enough.
:cool:
I'm not sure that the article specified.....

You may have missed it.... it was hidden in the first sentence of the second paragraph :lol:..... The protesters, some shouting anti-war slogans and singing "We Shall Not Be Moved," were arrested Saturday after ignoring orders to move away from the gates of the White House.

Fair enough.
:cool:
I'm not sure that the article specified.....

You may have missed it.... it was hidden in the first sentence of the second paragraph :lol:..... The protesters, some shouting anti-war slogans and singing "We Shall Not Be Moved," were arrested Saturday after ignoring orders to move away from the gates of the White House.
:razz::razz::razz:

I just didn't make the connection......
I was thinking more in the way of the surrounding fence, where we all stand to take pictures, rather than the actual entry-gate.
:redface:

Why arrested?

For protesting?

I'm confused.....

Didn't you know it is felony racism to protest against Obama?

:eusa_hand:

AP Photo
AP Photo/Jacquelyn Martin
Advertisement
Buy AP Photo Reprints

WASHINGTON (AP) -- More than 100 anti-war protesters, including the man who leaked the Pentagon Papers, were arrested outside the White House in demonstrations marking the eighth anniversary of the U.S.-led war in Iraq.

The protesters, some shouting anti-war slogans and singing "We Shall Not Be Moved," were arrested Saturday after ignoring orders to move away from the gates of the White House.

Believe it or not, I read the story. My personal opinion is that our right to free speech and assembly trump any permit requirements, and any orders from the cops to move on. I know that SCOTUS does not agree, just expressing my opinion.

Anyway, if you cannot recognize a joke as obvious as the one I made you are wound way too tight.

More than 100 anti-war protesters, including the man who leaked the Pentagon Papers, were arrested outside the White House on Saturday in demonstrations marking the eighth anniversary of the U.S.-led war in Iraq.

News from The Associated Press

Were they protesting the Iraq war?
Do they not read the papers? That's over.
Or maybe it was just an excuse not to take a bath.

You should read past the headlines that quote officials where they get into the actual facts.

Try telling the 50,000 US soldiers engaging in combat operations in Iraq that the war is over.

I hope someone was protesting the absolute absurdity, of getting involved in a military venture that could cost this country tens of billions of dollars or more at a time when our country is knee deep in red ink and we are involved in two wars with no end in sight. I suspect getting rid of Gadhafi, may be every bit as painful and expensive as ridding ourselves of Saddam Hussein.

Forum List

Back