Anti Semitism - A beginers guide.

There are Holocaust deniers on this very thread so its pretty easy to work out their motivation.

A word on Holocaust Deniers. I don't fear them at all. Not only are they are dumb, clumsy, ham-fisted, and obvious, they are remarkably honest (not in their denial, but in their goals). They make it clear that while they don't believe the Holocaust happened, they would clearly enjoy creating one of their own. A stupid and obvious enemy is not much of a threat.

A more insidious threat is the so-called, anti-Zionist. The person who claims not to hate Jews, per se, but just the idea that Jews have a sovereign state where they are no longer able to be contained or controlled by a host nation. It should be clear to even the most casual student of History that Jews under the control of a host nation are vulnerable to destruction on the thinnest of provocations.

The anti-Zionist will imply that the idea of a Jewish Homeland is anathema but they will lobby vigorously for a Palestinian Homeland, despite the fact that modern Palestinians are in fact Arabs and have lived in peace in Arab lands for centuries.

The anti-Zionist will attach a sinister motivation to anything Israel (or supporters of Israel) do because they believe the very existence of a Jewish State is a threat to their world view.

The anti-Zionist is dishonest in their goals and their arguments. They will respond with pearl-clutching outrage if they are called anti-Semitic, but are very open that they aren't interested in any argument that might suggest that Israel is anything but an illegal or immoral state.
That train of thought suggests that any criticism of Israel is anti-semitic ?
Ive got no problem with Israel. I have a problem with some of its policies. I am comfortable with that.

That train of thought suggests that any criticism of Israel is anti-semitic ?

Not at all. Every single Israeli criticizes everything the Israeli government does with remarkable frequency. If Israel concedes, they will argue their government is too soft. If Israel takes a stand on something, Israeli citizens will argue they are being too aggressive.

Israelis take politics so seriously as to make Americans look like they have no interest in the subject.

None of the criticism comes from an anti-Semitic place.

I only question the motivation for someone to take a strong -- decidedly one-sided -- view of the subject with no other overt motivation than "I'm just concerned, that's all".

No matter what we say and do if bad times comes some group or groups will get the blame. That is the way of the authoritarian. Someone will pay for the mass poverty and/or disaster.

Thats a pretty flimsy argument. People take an interest in all manner of conflicts.Why should we not take an interest in this ?

To be somewhat more precise, it's not an argument at all. Rather, it's a silly attempt at forging, out of the usual absence of empathy and compassion in conservatives, a requirement all follow the wholly incomprehensible demand just to care about themselves and that which impacts them directly and personally. Goes without saying, he fails his own test. Why would he care if there are some anti-Semites in Britain, or in the British Labour party? No impact on him, but he seemingly can't stop rambling about the issue. At his own urging, and absent a personal impact on him, we're compelled to assume some ulterior motives. In his case, I am fine with that conclusion.

Why would he care if there are some anti-Semites in Britain, or in the British Labour party? No impact on him

I maintain that anti-Semitism anywhere on the planet affects me very deeply. Antisemitism has an insidious habit of spreading very far and very wide.

I have a stake in the continued existence of Israel which you do not.

Why would he care if there are some anti-Semites in Britain, or in the British Labour party? No impact on him

I maintain that anti-Semitism anywhere on the planet affects me very deeply. Antisemitism has an insidious habit of spreading very far and very wide.

See, Tom? Here you can see how he quietly drops the requirement of a personal and direct impact, and effortlessly travels from advocating heartlessness to mendacity in a matter of just minutes. Just in case you thought his ulterior motives would be hard to detect...

See, Tom? Here you can see how he quietly drops the requirement of a personal and direct impact, and effortlessly travels from advocating heartlessness to mendacity in a matter of just minutes. Just in case you thought his ulterior motives would be hard to detect...

Oh, yeah -- those Jews and their ulterior motives.

Goodness, where have I heard that one before?

There are Holocaust deniers on this very thread so its pretty easy to work out their motivation.

A word on Holocaust Deniers. I don't fear them at all. Not only are they are dumb, clumsy, ham-fisted, and obvious, they are remarkably honest (not in their denial, but in their goals). They make it clear that while they don't believe the Holocaust happened, they would clearly enjoy creating one of their own. A stupid and obvious enemy is not much of a threat.

A more insidious threat is the so-called, anti-Zionist. The person who claims not to hate Jews, per se, but just the idea that Jews have a sovereign state where they are no longer able to be contained or controlled by a host nation. It should be clear to even the most casual student of History that Jews under the control of a host nation are vulnerable to destruction on the thinnest of provocations.

The anti-Zionist will imply that the idea of a Jewish Homeland is anathema but they will lobby vigorously for a Palestinian Homeland, despite the fact that modern Palestinians are in fact Arabs and have lived in peace in Arab lands for centuries.

The anti-Zionist will attach a sinister motivation to anything Israel (or supporters of Israel) do because they believe the very existence of a Jewish State is a threat to their world view.

The anti-Zionist is dishonest in their goals and their arguments. They will respond with pearl-clutching outrage if they are called anti-Semitic, but are very open that they aren't interested in any argument that might suggest that Israel is anything but an illegal or immoral state.

This thread has attracted extreme leftist antisemites, paranoid schizophrenic antisemites, white supremacist antisemites and even one black supremacist antisemite cheering from the sidelines..

What they all have in common, other than the need to scapegoat Jews, is that they all attempt the same lame sleight of hand. They all rely on this hackneyed trick they learn from the various hate sites they visit that takes the form of the "legitimate criticism of Israel" ruse. Even as ALL they do is demonize absolutely everything about the Jewish state, spew nothing but invective, repeat all the de Rigueur rationalizations crafted by those who wish to kill Jews, and indulge in great, sweeping generalizations, they try to claim they are indulging in "legitimate criticism". Even the most casual investigation into their posting pattern will reveal that they are not criticizing specific actions in a rational manner, but condemning EVERYTHING Israel does to try to protect its citizens from murder no matter what.

This "legitimate criticism" meme repeated ad nauseum represents evidence in and of itself that one is dealing with an antisemite, because only antisemitic hate sites are repeating this intentionally misleading little phrase to excuse their pattern of abusive rhetoric against Jews.

How do you determine that though ?

The first question I would pose is, 'Why do you have strong feelings about a cause which has no direct impact on you or yours?'

If you're not a Palestinian or an Israeli, the conflict has no impact on you whatsoever, so your motivation to involve yourself in it is open to question.

There are currently more than 30 armed conflicts raging around the world, the Israel Palestinian conflict is at the bottom of that list in casualties and intensity yet garners more rancor than all the rest combined.

If there is no personal impact from the conflict, and the scale of the conflict pales in comparison to others, there must be another, underlying, reason why so many people take such a vehement interest in it. I can only speculate on that reason. But, history tends to repeat itself.

that’s an excellent question. I suppose in many cases the answer is hatred. I also believe that many are spoon fed what they should concern themselves with by media and politicians. In other words they don’t think for themselves

Last edited:

Its a bit dispiriting. I am basically being told that my interest in the subject is cause for suspicion because it is none of my business.I still dont have a clear definition and the thread has attracted a rogues gallery of crazies although finocchio isnt one I would describe as crazy despite his dodgy politics.There are plenty of others on this thread though.

Its a bit dispiriting. I am basically being told that my interest in the subject is cause for suspicion because it is none of my business.I still dont have a clear definition and the thread has attracted a rogues gallery of crazies although finocchio isnt one I would describe as crazy despite his dodgy politics.There are plenty of others on this thread though.
you were given a definition, you lying piece of human sewage.

you play such stupid games just to troll.

Having interest in the subject isn't, in itself, cause for suspicion. The conflict is gratuitously reported on in the most sensational matter so curiosity is natural.

Holding a strong, one-sided, uninformed opinion on the subject however IS cause for concern if the conflict doesn't involve you personally.

So why do you support Trump then?

hillary-anti-semitic-ad.jpg

Of course it's dispiriting. Once you've found that integrity gets in the way of ulterior motives, as it usually does, you ditch it. Also, if humanity, solidarity with humankind, and with the oppressed and downtrodden in particular, get in the way, you do as conservatives do, and pay attention to your own bottom line. Saddening, but these days that's just what it is.

Of course, you have a clear definition of anti-Semitism. That doesn't mean that all cases of anti-Semitism are clearly identifiable, as some anti-Semites try to hide behind a reasonable facade, and alleged pro-Semites use fake charges of anti-Semitism to counter legitimate criticism. That's also nothing new, nor is it surprising. In a world as complex as it is, sound judgment is required to see through deception, lies, and obfuscation, and every so often we have to admit we failed to succeed. That also is just as it is. Live and learn.

We live with insanity. Evangelical American Christians promote Israel while Secular American Jews abhor it. A question. If Evangelical American Christians ever removed their support for Israel would Secular American Jews remain the same? Currently a case can be made that Secular American Jews are Anti Semites in the Prog controlled social media industry.

Back in the day anti semitism was pretty easy to define...
Now it seems to be criticism of Israel and its policies...

I agree. Almost.

Israel and our non-Israel Jewish brethren do all now use their global achievements and universal clout as a sort of, wild card, for deeming any critic whatsoever as 'anti-Semitic' and yes I think we all know how righteously that will turn out in the end.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back