Anti-Semetic Obama is suddenly the MOST pro-Israel President Ever???

Vanquish

Vanquisher of shills
Aug 14, 2009
DEBKAfile, Political Analysis, Espionage, Terrorism, Security

Western Middle East experts rate his address as the most supportive of Israel ever delivered at the world body by any US president. It has stirred powerful emotions of resentment and disappointment among the Palestinians of the West Bank and Gaza Strip.

Crowds gathered in Ramallah and the streets of West Bank towns Wednesday - originally to celebrate the Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas' application for UN recognition of Palestinian statehood - instead shouted anti-US slogans and burned American flags.
Hamas and its radical allies determined to seize the moment for taking charge of the rallies set up by the Palestinian Authority and the rival Fatah for the rest of the week in the expectation of a UN victory.

Oh wait...

The key points President Obama highlighted in his address to the opening of the UN General Assembly Wednesday, Sept. 21 were:

- The US president stressed that the US is unshakably committed to Israel's security.

- Israel is surrounded by neighbors who have repeatedly waged war against it. Its people are killed by missiles on its borders and suicide bombers. Other children are taught to hate them and far bigger nations want to wipe them off the map.

- They deserve a historical state in their historical land just as the Palestinians deserve a stated for which they have waited too long.

- There are no short cuts to peace. It can only be achieved through negotiations - not statements and resolutions at the United Nations.

- Ultimately it is up to Israel and the Palestinians to agree on borders, security, refugees, Jerusalem.

- I also believe a genuine peace can be attained only between the Palestinians and Israelis themselves.

- The Palestinians deserve a territorial base for their state. (Ed: The 1967 borders were not mentioned.)

- But they must acknowledge the very real security concerns Israel faces every day.

- Peace depends on compromise. Each side has legitimate aspirations and both must learn to stand in the other's shoes.

Ahead of his meeting with Prime Minister Netanyahu, Obama stressed peace cannot be imposed on the parties and a UN resolution will not bring the Palestinians a state.

Wonder if he'll get credit from any of his detractors?

You don't suppose he's looking to win back the Jewish Vote do ya?

what difference does it make?

He spoke to the international community the way we wanted him to.

He did the right thing...whether for politicval expediency or not is irrelevant.

We expect our POTUS to do what is best for the country...not always what HE prefers.

I commend him for what he said.

so he did something that he knew a block of voters wanted to see him do.....

Isnt that what we want from a President?

Not that I support most of Obamas policies....but I applaud him for doing the right thing here...

Actually, I can't find anything wrong with what he said, it's pretty much what everyone else is thinking about the situation.

He did the right thing...whether for politicval expediency or not is irrelevant.

We expect our POTUS to do what is best for the country...not always what HE prefers.

He made America look good, unlike Perry who went around NY making a fool of himself, undermining the ME peace process.

The difference is, he did it because he had to, not wanted to. I give him no credit.

If he get's re-elected than he'll do what he wants only. thankfully it won't happen.

Do I want to see him appease the narrow special interest of a small minority at the expense of national security? No. Do I want him to see the importance of keeping faith with an allied democratic state? Yes. If this is just him kissing up to the jewish vote, this is a very bad thing.

This is just one more example of Obama's cluelessness in genreral. He lacks the grace and care of a bull in a china shop. Now he is seen as a sellout by both sides, and neither side will trust him a millimeter anymore.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk_zpMory-0"]A real bull in a china shop would do better[/ame]

The difference is, he did it because he had to, not wanted to. I give him no credit.

If he get's re-elected than he'll do what he wants only. thankfully it won't happen.

I expect a president to do what he believes he has to do...as opposed to just doing what he wants to do.

Sorry...I am by no means an Obama fan.....I will do all I can to see him voted out in 2012....but in my eyes, yesterday was a day where he did one of the few things right...even though it is quite obvious that he preferred not doing it.

I expect a president to do what he believes he has to do...as opposed to just doing what he wants to do.

Sorry...I am by no means an Obama fan.....I will do all I can to see him voted out in 2012....but in my eyes, yesterday was a day where he did one of the few things right...even though it is quite obvious that he preferred not doing it.

You mean like Perry going to New York and sucking of Israel for political gain after standing with anti-semite John Hagee.

You mean like Perry going to New York and sucking of Israel for political gain after standing with anti-semite John Hagee.

Im not interested in your partisan gibberish.

Agree.

Kudo's to Barry for doing something, judging by his treatment of Isreal so far, he didn't want to do.

I do believe he had an ulterior motive though.

The Jewish vote.

Doesn't look like the Jews are going to support him with nearly the numbers they did in 2008.

Mending fences comes to mind and he is a politician.

Last edited:

Western Middle East experts rate his address as the most supportive of Israel ever delivered at the world body by any US president. It has stirred powerful emotions of resentment and disappointment among the Palestinians of the West Bank and Gaza Strip.

Crowds gathered in Ramallah and the streets of West Bank towns Wednesday - originally to celebrate the Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas' application for UN recognition of Palestinian statehood - instead shouted anti-US slogans and burned American flags.
Hamas and its radical allies determined to seize the moment for taking charge of the rallies set up by the Palestinian Authority and the rival Fatah for the rest of the week in the expectation of a UN victory.

Oh wait...

The key points President Obama highlighted in his address to the opening of the UN General Assembly Wednesday, Sept. 21 were:

- The US president stressed that the US is unshakably committed to Israel's security.

- Israel is surrounded by neighbors who have repeatedly waged war against it. Its people are killed by missiles on its borders and suicide bombers. Other children are taught to hate them and far bigger nations want to wipe them off the map.

- They deserve a historical state in their historical land just as the Palestinians deserve a stated for which they have waited too long.

- There are no short cuts to peace. It can only be achieved through negotiations - not statements and resolutions at the United Nations.

- Ultimately it is up to Israel and the Palestinians to agree on borders, security, refugees, Jerusalem.

- I also believe a genuine peace can be attained only between the Palestinians and Israelis themselves.

- The Palestinians deserve a territorial base for their state. (Ed: The 1967 borders were not mentioned.)

- But they must acknowledge the very real security concerns Israel faces every day.

- Peace depends on compromise. Each side has legitimate aspirations and both must learn to stand in the other's shoes.

Ahead of his meeting with Prime Minister Netanyahu, Obama stressed peace cannot be imposed on the parties and a UN resolution will not bring the Palestinians a state.

I give him credit for being two faced and playing politics to get votes for the next election. Other than that he deserves no credit, for anything other than being the worst potus ever.

Oh wait...

I give him credit for being two faced and playing politics to get votes for the next election. Other than that he deserves no credit, for anything other than being the worst potus ever.

Predictable and obvious.

I admit to not having a deep background on Israeli law, but I'm always wondering why everyone highlights the religion of the majority of Israelis. I didn't see anything in the laws saying it follows jewish law or is a jewish government.

Basic Laws of Israel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

However if someone disagrees with an Israeli policy, they're labeled as anti-semitic, if they agree with Israeli policy, they're labeled as pro-jewish.

Why is it different for Israel? When someone disagrees with an american policy, no one assumes they're anti-christian for doing so.

Forum List

Back