Anti Muslim Hysteria in the School. Parents Prefer Ignorance to Learning

Hysteria strikes deep in the heart of New Jersey. Supposedly this is a liberal and enlightened state, but even here, the Anti-Muslim bigotry and propaganda has taken hold, largely due to the frenzy that has been wiped up by ( I refuse to say President) Trump and the complicacy of Fox News.
Islamic indoctrination in Chatham! A Fox News fantasy | Editorial

Selected excerpts:

Most Americans know little to nothing about Islam, polls have found, yet have a negative view of the faith. Most don't know any Muslims personally, and say they aren't interested, or don't know whether they want to learn more about the world's second-largest religion.
This is the challenge facing U.S. educators. And as if that weren't bad enough, among this happily ignorant population are some tin foil hats who actually believe their children are being indoctrinated into Islam, by our public schools. And Fox News is happy to put them on air, completely uncontested.

Two mothers from the New Jersey suburb of Chatham, Libby Hilsenrath and Nancy Gayer, recently went on Tucker Carlson's Fox show to complain that a simple cartoon that teaches about Islam is indoctrinating their 7th graders, in a story feverishly embraced by conservative media.
And what is behind this??

Reasons they are appalled: The cartoon teaches the five pillars of the faith: "The first pillar means to believe in God. And he is the only God. And the prophet Mohammed peace be upon him is his messenger." It ends with a kid accompanying his Muslim friend to watch him pray. And as homework, students had to fill in the blanks about Islamic beliefs: "There is no god but BLANK and BLANK is his messenger."

Other conservative outlets also ran wild with it, falsely claiming that Christianity is banned from being taught in Chatham schools.

The fact is that....

State law requires all major world religions to be taught by the eighth grade, from Christianity to Sikhism, as teaching staff later explained exhaustively at a packed school board meeting.

Children are not being indoctrinated! They are being taught about a religion. People need to have this knowledge in this modern, mobile and diverse world to overcome fear and ignorance.
One parent alleges that her some was not allowed to present information on his Christian beliefs because it was considered proselytizing." At the same time, she considers the instruction on Islam to be proselytizing."

Chatham Parents Question Emphasis on Islam in 7th Grade 'World Cultures and Geography" Class

However, there is no corroborating information to support the claim that Islam is being promoted of Christianity or given favorable treatment, except. But that does not stop the right wing media from making that claim:

The Chatham story has been extensively covered in conservative media like Breitbart, the far-right World Net Daily, and most prominently on Fox News. But it is has received little coverage in the mainstream press. The coverage on conservative outlets includes false allegations like Christianity is banned from being taught, and it often does not include comment from the district officials themselves.

Allegations of Islam Indoctrination in Schools Spread to New Jersey - NJ Spotlight

This has got to stop. The children are being caught up in the web of fear and ignorance, and being used as pawns in the war on Islam. The parents are afraid that they will develop an interest in another religion and -god forbid they want to purse it- it would be the end of the world and that is just as stupid as stupid gets.
Schools should be a place of fact, not fiction, well, except maybe in literature class, which they probably don't even have any more. Too many kids come out of high school not knowing the basics properly (like how to make a budget, cook, count, read...) to be wasting time on voodoo and myths.
People believe different things and THAT is a FACT that children should understand and appreciate. They are not teaching them that these myths are real but only that people believe them. It is teaching about culture which religion is a part of. The alternative is ignorance and ignorance breeds fear. Would you rather that children learn about Islam from World Net Daily or from impartial educators? What id one of these kids had a chance to become an ambassador to a Muslim majority country? They would need to understand the culture and religion that they are going into.
Who cares what people believe. Should we have classes on Santa Claus and the Tooth fairy as well? Anyways, if they should be taught anything about Islam, it's that they treat their women in a barbaric fashion, and that they want to take over our country, just ask a few Muslims if they would prefer to live under sharia. Because if they say no, they aren't even a real Muslim anyways. IF our kids got all the basics down, and had proper phys. ed., and had time left over, maybe then they could explore other cultures in the world. As in, which countries are not safe to go to and why.
Well, I crafted a well thought out and reasonable response to your last post. I refrained from directly calling you out on the clear shallowness of your inane viewpoint. You in turn make it clear that you prefer to wallow in ignorance and worse, want the children to remain ignorant, fearful, and hateful of others who are different. You are clearly beyond the reach of logic and reason. I almost feel sorry for people like you. I would just ignore you and go on my way if it were not for the fear that you might be responsible in some way for the education and development of young people, and the knowledge that your ilk make the world a more dangerous and hostile place for humanity
A well crafted appeasement piece, maybe. If you don't want to teach your children the realities of today's Islam, they'll be walking around without a clue of what's going on in the world. Were the American couple taken captive while backpacking through Afghanistan from your family? There is nothing peaceful about a religion that allows the men to beat their women and cover them with a dark sheet.

Hysteria strikes deep in the heart of New Jersey. Supposedly this is a liberal and enlightened state, but even here, the Anti-Muslim bigotry and propaganda has taken hold, largely due to the frenzy that has been wiped up by ( I refuse to say President) Trump and the complicacy of Fox News.

Selected excerpts:

The fact is that....

Chatham Parents Question Emphasis on Islam in 7th Grade 'World Cultures and Geography" Class

However, there is no corroborating information to support the claim that Islam is being promoted of Christianity or given favorable treatment, except. But that does not stop the right wing media from making that claim:

Allegations of Islam Indoctrination in Schools Spread to New Jersey - NJ Spotlight

This has got to stop. The children are being caught up in the web of fear and ignorance, and being used as pawns in the war on Islam. The parents are afraid that they will develop an interest in another religion and -god forbid they want to purse it- it would be the end of the world and that is just as stupid as stupid gets.
Schools should be a place of fact, not fiction, well, except maybe in literature class, which they probably don't even have any more. Too many kids come out of high school not knowing the basics properly (like how to make a budget, cook, count, read...) to be wasting time on voodoo and myths.
People believe different things and THAT is a FACT that children should understand and appreciate. They are not teaching them that these myths are real but only that people believe them. It is teaching about culture which religion is a part of. The alternative is ignorance and ignorance breeds fear. Would you rather that children learn about Islam from World Net Daily or from impartial educators? What id one of these kids had a chance to become an ambassador to a Muslim majority country? They would need to understand the culture and religion that they are going into.
Who cares what people believe. Should we have classes on Santa Claus and the Tooth fairy as well? Anyways, if they should be taught anything about Islam, it's that they treat their women in a barbaric fashion, and that they want to take over our country, just ask a few Muslims if they would prefer to live under sharia. Because if they say no, they aren't even a real Muslim anyways. IF our kids got all the basics down, and had proper phys. ed., and had time left over, maybe then they could explore other cultures in the world. As in, which countries are not safe to go to and why.
Well, I crafted a well thought out and reasonable response to your last post. I refrained from directly calling you out on the clear shallowness of your inane viewpoint. You in turn make it clear that you prefer to wallow in ignorance and worse, want the children to remain ignorant, fearful, and hateful of others who are different. You are clearly beyond the reach of logic and reason. I almost feel sorry for people like you. I would just ignore you and go on my way if it were not for the fear that you might be responsible in some way for the education and development of young people, and the knowledge that your ilk make the world a more dangerous and hostile place for humanity
A well crafted appeasement piece, maybe. If you don't want to teach your children the realities of today's Islam, they'll be walking around without a clue of what's going on in the world. Were the American couple taken captive while backpacking through Afghanistan from your family? There is nothing peaceful about a religion that allows the men to beat their women and cover them with a dark sheet.
I see that this is hopeless and pointless. You're so obtuse that you can't seem to get a single point that I'm making. Either that or you pretend not to. Instead, you resort to a straw man logical fallacy by assigning an argument to me that I didn't make so that you can shoot it down and claim victory. In this case, you're claiming that I have argued against teaching kids the realities and dangers of the world which I never did. What I did do is to argue in favor of teaching a balanced and objective portrayal of various cultures and religions, most of which have a dark side-and that includes Christianity. I argued against demonizing an entire religion for the actions of some. I stand by everything that I said. Your kind makes the world a more dangerous place by promoting fear and ignorance.

Your kind makes the world a more dangerous place by promoting fear and ignorance.

More, and more people are living in fear, in the wake of Islamic terrorism.

Why should we tolerate that?

I see that this is hopeless and pointless. You're so obtuse that you can't seem to get a single point that I'm making. Either that or you pretend not to. Instead, you resort to a straw man logical fallacy by assigning an argument to me that I didn't make so that you can shoot it down and claim victory. In this case, you're claiming that I have argued against teaching kids the realities and dangers of the world which I never did. What I did do is to argue in favor of teaching a balanced and objective portrayal of various cultures and religions, most of which have a dark side-and that includes Christianity. I argued against demonizing an entire religion for the actions of some. I stand by everything that I said. Your kind makes the world a more dangerous place by promoting fear and ignorance.
Ignorance is not realizing that muslims want the whole world to be sharia. WWIII has already started and it's a religious war.
Your kind makes it easier for Muslims to spread their barbaric ideology through appeasement and willful blindness.

Might we perchance witness any from you in the foreseeable future?

As if you recognize it when you see it?

Here's a hint bed wetter....

When someone makes a statement and your instincts tell you to ignore all the facts and parrot some bullshit you read in the NYTimes, that's when someone is thinking for themselves.

You might try it sometime, but because you lack a frontal lobe it will only subject you to further ridicule.
Polly wanna cracker?

Your kind makes the world a more dangerous place by promoting fear and ignorance.

Another Troll heard from. Instead of reading and responding to everything that I posted, you cherry pick one sentence and try, unsuccessfully, to use it against me. You jackass Muslim basher should be on the IS payroll as recruiters,

Ignorance is not realizing that muslims want the whole world to be sharia. WWIII has already started and it's a religious war.
Your kind makes it easier for Muslims to spread their barbaric ideology through appeasement and willful blindness.
It seems that it is unrealistic to expect that you can do anything others than regurgitate right wing, bigoted talking points. You're a broken record. Do you have a brain of your own at all? It's you who are blind to your own bigotry and faulty logic.

It seems that it is unrealistic to expect that you can do anything others than regurgitate right wing, bigoted talking points. You're a broken record. Do you have a brain of your own at all? It's you who are blind to your own bigotry and faulty logic.
Wrong again, I realize that I don't like Muslims. And I'm sure that the feeling is mutual. Where they come from, I would have been beheaded a long time ago for my views. And you as well just for being a kafir. And the only thing they regret is not being able to do that in our country.
So if criticizing Islam gets me called names by an appeaser like you, so be it. You can't handle the truth so you make me the problem in your mind. Ya, that's it, I'M the problem with Islam. LOL!

To the left, teaching by Islam in schools is ok, but teaching Christianity or just about any other religion is banned.

That's some fucked up hypocrisy right there.
As someone who went through Catholic elementary and high school, and a liberal arts college; I learned the basics of many different religions. It helped me to have a better understanding of the diversity around me. I was taught about Islam in my Catholic school as well.

Because extremists aren't muslims. It's like saying we should fear christians because their extremists perform mass shootings.

If you clump muslims in the same group as extremists/terrorists you are only heightening tensions between cultures.

Selected excerpts:

Most Americans know little to nothing about Islam, polls have found, yet have a negative view of the faith. Most don't know any Muslims personally, and say they aren't interested, or don't know whether they want to learn more about the world's second-largest religion.
This is the challenge facing U.S. educators. And as if that weren't bad enough, among this happily ignorant population are some tin foil hats who actually believe their children are being indoctrinated into Islam, by our public schools. And Fox News is happy to put them on air, completely uncontested.

Two mothers from the New Jersey suburb of Chatham, Libby Hilsenrath and Nancy Gayer, recently went on Tucker Carlson's Fox show to complain that a simple cartoon that teaches about Islam is indoctrinating their 7th graders, in a story feverishly embraced by conservative media.

Reasons they are appalled: The cartoon teaches the five pillars of the faith: "The first pillar means to believe in God. And he is the only God. And the prophet Mohammed peace be upon him is his messenger." It ends with a kid accompanying his Muslim friend to watch him pray. And as homework, students had to fill in the blanks about Islamic beliefs: "There is no god but BLANK and BLANK is his messenger."

Other conservative outlets also ran wild with it, falsely claiming that Christianity is banned from being taught in Chatham schools.

The fact is that....

State law requires all major world religions to be taught by the eighth grade, from Christianity to Sikhism, as teaching staff later explained exhaustively at a packed school board meeting.

Children are not being indoctrinated! They are being taught about a religion. People need to have this knowledge in this modern, mobile and diverse world to overcome fear and ignorance.
One parent alleges that her some was not allowed to present information on his Christian beliefs because it was considered proselytizing." At the same time, she considers the instruction on Islam to be proselytizing."

The Chatham story has been extensively covered in conservative media like Breitbart, the far-right World Net Daily, and most prominently on Fox News. But it is has received little coverage in the mainstream press. The coverage on conservative outlets includes false allegations like Christianity is banned from being taught, and it often does not include comment from the district officials themselves.

Cutting out education about other cultures only breeds more ignorance.

Lol...

It just eats Regressive Parasite up when people think for themselves.

Try going to Mecca...

Seriously, just TRY getting there.

Supposing you make it, run around and "enlighten" people about gay rights, women's rights, animal rights and religious tolerance.

We won't be waiting to hear back from you.

Fucking imbecile.

If I'm going to mecca, I'm bringing pig carcasses to spread around and something to demolish it. :funnyface:

Wrong again, I realize that I don't like Muslims. And I'm sure that the feeling is mutual. Where they come from, I would have been beheaded a long time ago for my views. And you as well just for being a kafir. And the only thing they regret is not being able to do that in our country.
So if criticizing Islam gets me called names by an appeaser like you, so be it. You can't handle the truth so you make me the problem in your mind. Ya, that's it, I'M the problem with Islam. LOL!
I don't know.... I think you need to go there to prove it.

Another Troll heard from. Instead of reading and responding to everything that I posted, you cherry pick one sentence and try, unsuccessfully, to use it against me. You jackass Muslim basher should be on the IS payroll as recruiters,

It's risky business to support the influx of those from a culture with many Sharia law supporters, many anti-West sentiments, and who have some people who commit terrorism, behead Gays, and stone Women.

How is it trolling to state such?

Selected excerpts:

The fact is that....

Yeah, they keep us ignorant about Muslim imperial crimes, while beating a drum about White imperial crimes.

Why do we have pages in textbooks all about the Nazis, and colonialism, but nothing about the biggest genocide in history committed in India by Muslims?

When India's population dropped by 80 million during it's Muslim occupation, and which when you include births obviously 100's of millions in India were killed by the Muslim occupants.

To the left, teaching by Islam in schools is ok, but teaching Christianity or just about any other religion is banned.

That's some fucked up hypocrisy right there.
As someone who went through Catholic elementary and high school, and a liberal arts college; I learned the basics of many different religions. It helped me to have a better understanding of the diversity around me. I was taught about Islam in my Catholic school as well.

Those are private schools. Not what I'm talking about.

[
I see that this is hopeless and pointless.

You're hopeless and useless.

regressive parasite said:
You're so obtuse that you can't seem to get a single point that I'm making

You "point" is asinine. People don't want islime normalized in this country. It's a fucking problem everywhere it's allowed entry.

You leftist sociopaths resent the fuck out of the yids for establishing banks, but you love the fucking mooselimbs for....

goat orgies?

regressive parasite said:
Either that or you pretend not to. Instead, you resort to a straw man logical fallacy by assigning an argument to me that I didn't make so that you can shoot it down and claim victory. In this case, you're claiming that I have argued against teaching kids the realities and dangers of the world which I never did. What I did do is to argue in favor of teaching a balanced and objective portrayal of various cultures and religions, most of which have a dark side-and that includes Christianity. I argued against demonizing an entire religion for the actions of some. I stand by everything that I said. Your kind makes the world a more dangerous place by promoting fear and ignorance.

Your previous posts excoriating Christian businesses for not wanting to be involved in gay weddings and all of you other asinine posts stand for themselves. No one has to nit pick and waste time destroying your bullshit. You stand with any enemy of the US, be it a communist despot, a jihadist cult, or a criminal underground.

If it wasn't for ignorance, leftist sociopaths the likes of which you would support would not have had the power to destroy millions of lives. The world would be a better place if you had been eaten by a rat in the dumpster behind a planned parenthood clinic.

5534815+_18dfe719dcff03163e52c4cd04ad9f10.gif

A wacko like Adam Lanza is more likely to kill your kids at school than a moosleem.

The moosleem is more likely to kill you though.

Because extremists aren't muslims. It's like saying we should fear christians because their extremists perform mass shootings.

If you clump muslims in the same group as extremists/terrorists you are only heightening tensions between cultures.
When was the last time Christians killed for their religion. The crusades?

Selected excerpts:

The fact is that....

Ya, because the problem with Islam these days is that we don't know enough about it. :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back