Anti-lifers

History will not remember pro-choicers kindly. They will be remembered the same as 19th century slave owners. I would not like to be in their shoes come Judgement Day.
The old, "Yer gonna go to hell yes ye are!! tactic.
Save it for feebleminded.

If there is a Judgment Day, those who tried to infringe on the civil rights of others will have some serious 'splainin' to do.

Exactly right. That's why I said they would be remembered the same as 19th century slave owners. History will say, "Both infringed on the civil rights of others. Both treated their victims as less than human. Both believed that what they were doing was right. Both actions were legal at the time."

Let us hope that humanity will become more enlightened by then.

Yes, on both sides. Let's hope that the need to perform any more abortions will decrease. And let's hope that the need to murder the people doing it will decrease. Both sides are zealous.

I have a novel idea: everyone mind your own business. What a person does, is between them and the Almighty. It is not for you (whomever) to judge or decide. But that is too difficult. It is much easier to hate one another. It is much easier to grit your teeth and point out the mistakes or shortcomings of the other, when you yourself are a sinner as well as they. Paul said, "There is noone righteous. No, not one". And it is absolutely true. But we seem to forget that.

The thing is, that a fetus is a separate individual, from pregnancy onward imo.

Is it a fully formed human being, NO!

BUT it is an individual human that IS BEING FORMED....in the Mother's womb.

The opposite sides always seem to make the claim with part of that statement as TRUTH....no one side seems to account for the other half of the statement.

What I mean is:

The prolife side will take hold on the fetus being an individual but not mention it is not a fully formed human for the most part when being aborted, or take the position that the mother is an individual as well and has her own individual decisions to make regarding her being the host for 9 months or not, to this separate individual offspring.

The prochoice will take hold of the position that the fetus is not fully formed and the mother's rights or concerns, outweigh those of the right to life of the forming fetus who has to be hosted by the offspring's mother in order to even exist, while truly ignoring the fact that all of us here today were fetuses and are here today because we were allowed to come in to fruition, being BORN and that when we ourselves were fetuses, we were no less human than we are now, though we may not have achieved the terms of personhood, or protection under the law...IT STILL IS a separate individual, which the mother is choosing the fate of, after the fetus's biological clock started ticking.

I don't think that abortion is taken as lightly as many proclaim on both sides of the aisle, by the mother to be....I think it would be a horrible position to be in, a heart wrenching and scary position to be in, especially if I were one of the 16 or 17 year olds that got themselves in to the position of being pregnant, out of wedlock, because you failed to protect yourself and went with the heat of the moment, or felt pressure of sorts to do such.

The problem of out of wedlock babies was not as dire in the good ole days because there was no birth control for the woman other than rhythmic method which was iffy at best, and single men fooling around KNEW that it was UP TO THEM to use protection or they would be seeing wedding bells down the road....most men did not want their own children to not have a father.....they seemed to own up to their own fatherhood responsibility more....wanted the best or more for their own kids, back then....but I could be wrong, just seems that way to this ole timer....

Anyway, ignoring the mother to be's individual decision, for whatever the reason she comes to, whether in panic, whether a mistake, whether well thought out...to abort HER CHILD to be, early on in pregnancy is not the answer to this very concerning issue of abortion...

and the slippery slope of trying to determine when another individual, in this case the growing and forming fetus, has some worth as a human being in process....as this forming human being, and not recognizing such could lead to (the slippery slope) of determining that disabled people have less worth than a healthy person, or a mentally retarded person has more worth than another healthy individual and it starts us down that slope of making our own decisions on someone elses worth, based on our own opinion and could lead to socialized programs enforcing such thoughts....or bigotted and racist measures?

I guess what I am trying to say is that although I am prolife and am not advocating the laws on the books to be reversed, I am advocating that we all search our souls and know when this is done that a fetus is something more than a glob of cells of nothingness...

i think it is important to not rewrite the semantics of what is occuring with abortion by calling it a glob of cells similar to a toenail etc because I feel that this will desensitize our public on the importance of every human life, including the disabled, mentally retarded, deformed or someone in need of assistance of a machine, like oxygen, to carry on....

We don't want every girl out there to think that an abortion is a light matter, because it is NOT a light matter, it is a very complicated and hard decision to make I would venture to say and it should STAY THAT WAY....not be thought of like this is just an alternative to the pill or using protection....imo.

Great insight!

The old, "Yer gonna go to hell yes ye are!! tactic.
Save it for feebleminded.

If there is a Judgment Day, those who tried to infringe on the civil rights of others will have some serious 'splainin' to do.

Exactly right. That's why I said they would be remembered the same as 19th century slave owners. History will say, "Both infringed on the civil rights of others. Both treated their victims as less than human. Both believed that what they were doing was right. Both actions were legal at the time."

Yes, on both sides. Let's hope that the need to perform any more abortions will decrease. And let's hope that the need to murder the people doing it will decrease. Both sides are zealous.

I have a novel idea: everyone mind your own business. What a person does, is between them and the Almighty. It is not for you (whomever) to judge or decide. But that is too difficult. It is much easier to hate one another. It is much easier to grit your teeth and point out the mistakes or shortcomings of the other, when you yourself are a sinner as well as they. Paul said, "There is noone righteous. No, not one". And it is absolutely true. But we seem to forget that.

I haven't forgotten it. However, there's a difference between respecting a person's beliefs are between him or her and God, and ignoring criminal, murderous behavior because "that's between him and God." No, it's not just between him and God when PEOPLE ARE BEING HURT AND KILLED by the behavior.

I haven't forgotten it. However, there's a difference between respecting a person's beliefs are between him or her and God, and ignoring criminal, murderous behavior because "that's between him and God." No, it's not just between him and God when PEOPLE ARE BEING HURT AND KILLED by the behavior.

Believe me. People who bomb abortion clinics, and shoot people to satiate their self-righteous beliefs, are criminally insane to the highest degree.

I don't believe that women wake up in the morning and say to themselves: "I think that I'll go and get knocked up, so that I can get an abortion.". Women who make those decisions (the majority) I'm sure don't make them lightly. It is such a touchy subject. But it's not my body, so I don't have a say in the matter. I will never say that I will NEVER be faced with that decision, because noone knows what tomorrow brings.

And noone who camps outside of an abortion clinic with a 12-gauge should be breaking their arms patting themselves on the back. Honestly, I believe that these people have an axe to grind, and these murders are justified in their depraved minds.

New Topics

Forum List

Back