'Anti-jihad ad on New York subway'

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
1. "...a new pro-Israel ad denouncing Jihad as 'savage' is set to make its debut on New York City's subway system next week. The ad states: 'In any war between the civilized man and the savage, support the civilized man.' It adds, 'Support Israel. Defeat Jihad,' in between two Stars of David.

2....the ad was initially rejected for its 'demeaning' language, but is now expected to appear at 10 subway stations. A Manhattan federal court judge ruled in July that the MTA violated the First Amendment rights of the ad's sponsor, The American Freedom Defense Initiative (AFDI), and must let the ad appear, NBCNewYork.com report.

3. ....ad has already appeared on public buses in San Francisco, in August. The transit agency there, the Muni, said it would donate the $3,400 ad revenue to the city's Human Rights Commission and placed an ad next to AFDI's message to say 'Muni doesn't support this message.'

4. Pamela Geller, executive director of the American Freedom Defense Initiative, said in an email to the Times that transit officials in Washington were 'kowtowing to the threat of jihad terrorism.'...she said. 'I will never cower before violent intimidation and stop telling the truth because doing so is dangerous,' Geller said. 'Freedom must be vigorously defended.'

5. The Southern Poverty Law Center branded Geller 'the anti-Muslim movement's most visible and flamboyant figurehead' and AFDI as a hate group.

The Anti-Defamation League said in March that Geller 'fuels and fosters anti-Muslim bigotry in society.'

Muneer Awad, the executive director of the New York chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, told the Times the ads were an attempt to 'define Muslims' through hate speech."
Anti-jihad ad urging people to support 'civilized man, not the savage' gets go-ahead to be plastered on New York subway | Mail Online

And,...in a related story:

6. "On the other hand, if you can afford to shell out several hundred bucks for a seat, then you can watch a Mormon missionary get his holy book stuffed—well, I can't tell you about that, either. Let's just say it has New York City audiences roaring with laughter.

The "Book of Mormon"—a performance of which Hillary Clinton attended last year, without registering a complaint—comes to mind as the administration falls over itself denouncing "Innocence of Muslims."
Stephens: Muslims, Mormons and Liberals - WSJ.com

7. The film, the administration says, is "hateful and offensive" (Susan Rice), "reprehensible and disgusting" (Jay Carney) and, in a twist, "disgusting and reprehensible" (Hillary Clinton).

8. In the consensus view of modern American liberalism, it is hilarious to mock Mormons and Mormonism but outrageous to mock Muslims and Islam.

9. ... it's okay for the federal government publicly to call on Google to pull the video clip from YouTube in an attempt to mollify rampaging Islamists. That it's okay to concede the fundamentalist premise that religious belief ought to be entitled to the highest possible degree of social deference—except when Mormons and sundry Christian rubes are concerned.

10. ... That the most "progressive" administration in recent U.S. history will make no principled defense of free speech."
Ibid.

If you're up to it....The Onion had one of the most obscene cartoons designed to make the same point as the WSJ did....
...called "No One Murdered Because Of This Image"

No One Murdered Because Of This Image | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

View if you wish.

I am so very sick of Progressive hypocrisy....

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Jos
Anti jihad is also anti muslim. Jihad is their way, their path, their religious obligation.

In any war between the civilized man and the savage, support the civilized man.
Ask the Aztecs or the Mayans, who were the civilized men and who were the savage's?

Is it about hypocrisy or fear? The reason people don't to trip too hard about cracking on religions other than Islam is that you won't end up with your head chopped off and your embassy reduced to smoldering ashes. Freedom of speech ain't so free when some wild-eyed devotee is staring at you, waiting for you to say the wrong thing.
I'm not saying there aren't screw heads in all faiths, but, by and large, the ones burning the most shit up over fucking cartoons, etc., are Muslim.

Whatchu goan do?

:dunno:

Is it about hypocrisy or fear? The reason people don't to trip too hard about cracking on religions other than Islam is that you won't end up with your head chopped off and your embassy reduced to smoldering ashes. Freedom of speech ain't so free when some wild-eyed devotee is staring at you, waiting for you to say the wrong thing.
I'm not saying there aren't screw heads in all faiths, but, by and large, the ones burning the most shit up over fucking cartoons, etc., are Muslim.

Whatchu goan do?

What would you do if brigands invaded your home?

Attacked your family?

Demanded you wear certain garb that they endorsed....or else?

I know what i'd do.

This isn't about "brigands." It's about looney toons around the world scaring people into monitoring their speech--and they're pretty much winning at this point. They have our leaders kissing ass big time. Taking out ads in Pakistan? WTF?

US using Pakistan TV ads to quell anger - thenews.com.pk

At some point these folks need to walk into the 21st century. Maybe they never will.

This isn't about "brigands." It's about looney toons around the world scaring people into monitoring their speech--and they're pretty much winning at this point. They have our leaders kissing ass big time. Taking out ads in Pakistan? WTF?

At some point these folks need to walk into the 21st century. Maybe they never will.

Ever notice that PETA folks spray-paint the fur coats of little old ladies...but not the leather jackets of Hell's Angels?

...and 'crazy' homeless men, here in NYC, throw little Chinese women onto the subway tracks....but don't attack policemen?

Did you see this:

"REPORTS: No Live Ammo for Marines
Marine blogs say U.S. embassy did not authorize service members to carry ammo."
http://freebeacon.com/reports-marines-not-permitted-live-ammo/

'These folks' can be encouraged to enter the 20th century more quickly.
Pain does that.

Pro Israel supporters can't come up with any more lies. This is good :). Just shows how hard they are trying

Pro Israel supporters can't come up with any more lies. This is good :). Just shows how hard they are trying

'In any war between the civilized man and the savage, support the civilized man.'

I'm down wit' dat!!

Just curious: how many times have you blown yourself up?

Ever notice that PETA folks spray-paint the fur coats of little old ladies...but not the leather jackets of Hell's Angels?

...and 'crazy' homeless men, here in NYC, throw little Chinese women onto the subway tracks....but don't attack policemen?

Did you see this:

"REPORTS: No Live Ammo for Marines
Marine blogs say U.S. embassy did not authorize service members to carry ammo."
http://freebeacon.com/reports-marines-not-permitted-live-ammo/

'These folks' can be encouraged to enter the 20th century more quickly.
Pain does that.

I don't know, take a look at Afghanistan: some people have no desire to join the rest of the world. This is just fine by me--if their caveman ways didn't intersect with modern man. There's a ton of pain in Afghanistan, has been for a long time. As soon as we're out, what progress we may have made will mostly disappear into the dirt--except, of course, any weapons we leave behind, which will promptly be used against us and everyone else.

Ensure all American personnel guarding US sovereign territory are armed with what they need to protect that territory. Maybe the riots wouldn't have broken out the way they have. The sentiment would still be there. The people who foment this psychotic behavior will still be there. As long as there are people who think it's perfectly reasonable to kill someone over a cartoon or a film or whatever, we'll have to be on watch.

These are the people who bomb pizza parlors and public transportation. Throw up adequate protection at one spot, some believer will find another spot to attack.

I don't know what the answer is. In the meantime, we got nations so afraid of what these people will do, they lockup their embassies because a magazine published some comics. Something's just not right.

'In any war between the civilized man and the savage, support the civilized man.'

I'm down wit' dat!!

Israel is a nazi state. And the world no longer falls for their lies and excuses and criminal acts. Once Israel complies with international law then we can take them seriously. This ad is trying to force support for Israel down American citizens throats. It just shows how scared Israelis are and their supporters that the world doesn't fall for their propoganda anymore. Truth hurts

I'm down wit' dat!!

Israel is a nazi state. And the world no longer falls for their lies and excuses and criminal acts. Once Israel complies with international law then we can take them seriously. This ad is trying to force support for Israel down American citizens throats. It just shows how scared Israelis are and their supporters that the world doesn't fall for their propoganda anymore. Truth hurts

Here....try this:

if you say "gullible" v-e-r-y slowly, it sounds like "oranges."

Hard to believe that a pro-Israel ad would be running in New York City. I mean, of all places!

Try the reverse: run a subway ad that refers to the IDF as "savages" who attack Palestinians. Or try to.

When it comes to hypocrisy, Jews have the patent.

I'm down wit' dat!!

and you wonder why you are labeled and anti semite

Hard to believe that a pro-Israel ad would be running in New York City. I mean, of all places!

Try the reverse: run a subway ad that refers to the IDF as "savages" who attack Palestinians. Or try to.

When it comes to hypocrisy, Jews have the patent.

Willie....have you any knowledge of law suits that are aimed at blocking the free speech of any anti-Israel groups?

Have you noticed who occupies (word chosen on purpose) the White House?

Did you see the Democrat Convention?

I can't recall any such suit.

Whatchu goan do?

Attacked your family?

I know what i'd do.

Introduce them to Messrs. Smith & Wesson I imagine.

Whatchu goan do?

Attacked your family?

I know what i'd do.

Introduce them to Messrs. Smith & Wesson I imagine.

SMITH AND WESSON - The Original Point and Click interface

The ad makes no disparagement of Muslims; just jihadists . . . the ones who fly planes into building. If you takes umbrage at the ad . . . you are a jihadist.

Forum List

Back