anti-israel sentiment of the democratic party, and why i cant support them.

Discussion in 'Israel and Palestine' started by actsnoblemartin, Jul 10, 2007.

1. actsnoblemartin

actsnoblemartin I love Andrea & April

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +407
    How treasonous, of the democrats to even propose such a thing, israel is out ally. My other problem with the democratic party is, it is political correct, and refuses to make moral judgments, it would rather make everything equal when it is not, for example the israeli military who has rules and regulations, and is held to account, equal to palestinian terrorists. I cant support a party like that. And to not support an ally, during the war on terrorism, is disgusting, it shows, the democrats, dont understand how terrorists hide out in large civilian populations, and how if the u.s. , britian and israel, didnt bomb and go after terrorists, they would be free to commit terrorist acts with impunity.

http://www.israpundit.com/2006/?p=3203

The Israel lobby, the ad says, was able to defeat a recent amendment to the defense appropriations bill introduced by Sens. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) and Patrick Leahy (D-VT) that would ban the export of cluster bombs to countries that use such weapons in civilian areas, including Israel’s use of U.S.-made cluster weapons in Lebanon. As evidence, the ad points to the amount of money that several opponents of the amendment received from pro-Israel political action committees (PACs) over their career and in the current election cycle. Total donations to Congressional candidates, Republican and Democrat, from pro-Israel PACs was more than $2.4 million in the current election cycle, according to the Center for Responsive Politics. The ad concludes: “Why are [members of Congress] selling their vote and undermining peace for Israel and her neighbors?”

http://calledasseen.blogspot.com/2007/04/pelosi-sticks-it-to-israel.html

2. maineman

maineman BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    so...in your mind, cluster bombs are a good thing?

I would guess that you feel the same way about torture? genocide?

If we cannot and do not hold those nations that we support to some moral standard, why not support anyone who would claim to be our allies?

3. Ninja

Ninja Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +377
    Hold them to a moral standard? If we're exporting cluster bombs, it means we're making cluster bombs... And putatively using them.

WRT The Feinstein/Leahy amendment - it was proven that Hezbollah had been launching Katyusha rockets from densely populated areas in Lebanon. According to the Geneva Convention, the civilian deaths resulting from Israeli retaliations should have been attributed to Hezbollah - since they were effectively using human shields. Instead, Feinstein and Leahy tried to punish Israel by shitcanning the export of cluster bombs and Pelosi goes to Syria (Hezbollah backers). I won't go so far as to call the DNC anti-Israel. That would be a lie. I do think there are fringe elements within the DNC that have these sentiments, or at least pander to those who do, but the party leadership (i.e. the DLC) is staunchly pro-Israel. Given that American Jews are a Democrat voting bloc, they'd be foolish to not be.

4. actsnoblemartin

actsnoblemartin I love Andrea & April

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +407
    yes, whatever it takes to defeat the terrorists. I dont think the united states can or would have won any war with this moral snobbyness that we have to be the most moral, no, the mission of any war is to win. I respectfully disagree with your opinion, but i respect it.

Hezbollah is responsible for the civilian deaths, by

#1 hiding in large civilian populations, which makes them responsible, for well being of those citizens.

#2 launching attacks in those civilians areas, they bear that responsibility.

#3 Israel has moral responsibility to defend its civilians and its nation as whole by going after the terrorists, wherever they are, in any way, that will net israel the least number or losses, the same way america should be doing it.

Moral standards have no place in war, war is hell, no im no expert, and no i dont claim to be, but it doesnt take a phd to know that israel loses a war, they are all dead. And if europe loses a war to radical islam, then its only a matter of time, before they really come after us.

I prefer clarity to agreement, and I will support torture, genocide, (I wanna kill every terrorist, and if i have to kill millions of civilians to do it then so be it, because we will loses millions and millions more, if we continue fighting the p.c. war, out of fear of offending muslims)

5. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,924
    Israel was attacked in the second Lebanon War and they responded. Then the Hezbollah cowards hide within the civilian population and fired missiles from within the populaton. Hezbollah had to objectives with this: (1) Kill as many Israeli citizens as possible by targeting civilian location in Israel (where no military targets are insight) and (2) Increase the Lebanese collateral damage and win the PR war.

6. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,924
    It is becoming PC on the left to hate on Israel, since the Leftist fools believe all the BS that Biden, Ron Paul etc. are feeding them about the why the Islamist want us dead. Bin Laden stated it himself, "America to save yourself convert to Islam." If Israel vanished, we left the ME and left Iraq and Afghanistan, they would still be at war with us. The Jihad is on our free culture and quoting Bin Laden on "Capitalism."

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. DiogenesDog

DiogenesDog Zen Bonobo

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Do you know the difference between the State of Israel, the State of Zion or the culture of toleration that existed in the Levant before it became a religious doctrine of some Americans to have all that become a tinder box for the fever dream of Apocalypse?

I have spent enough time on the ground in Israel and surrounding countries to know that what is known in the US is crafted, edited, and passed on by committee before it becomes news here.

The enmity of which you speak is largely fabrication. Ask any Arab with any means at all if he wants to be seen by an Arab doctor or an Israeli doctor for something serious.

We also may ask . . . Why is there no great outpouring of relief for the beleaguered Palestinians from the Sauds, the Syrians, or the Egyptians?

I have also found that most jihadis are about as sympathetic to non-combatants as they are to dogs. Those here who would advocate for a tactic of "kill them all" are no better than any heartless jihadi.

This country has the capacity in treasure, intellect and energy to end the bloodshed in which it is complicit. The only limitation is those who do not step up to the challenge. I have noted some of the ages posted and the youth in some of your photo avatars. What have you to offer. I might suggest that your start with enlisting. I have done my time and then some. The shame of this nation is those who will not serve out of fear but will support the propaganda of fear from the administration.

Most of you folks here need to turn off that talk radio and read some books. Then those of age need to get on down to the recruiting office. It's only a free country if you make it so.

I AM

8. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Beleaguered Palestinians? :rofl: How about Arabs getting their asses kicked for being terrorists?

This country doesn't need to cowtow to the demands of a fabricated people, nor it's apologists, nor the terrorist organization these so-called beleaguered people voted in as their government.

9. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I concur:

http://www.internationalwallofprayer.org/A-022-Martin-Luther-King-Zionism.html

10. Shogun

Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    oh well.. THATS an easy answer.

anti-zionist=anti-semite.

say, YOu hate it when your anti-illegal imigrant opinion simply gets tossed into the racist basket, dont you? meanwhile you play the same strategy by ignoring a valid concern for humans in palestine.

why don't you muslim hating fuckers just cut to the chase and rationalize an israeli verwsion of their own Final Solution, eh? Please, PLEASE don't figure out how ironic it is to demonize anything that even lightly criticizes israel while having night terrors about mexicans flooding into OUR nation. I'd hate for that cold splash of irony to interupt your Second Coming of Jesus hardon.

:cuckoo:

ps... if ISRAEL is your main concern over the US then so be it. Go vote for a republican hellbent on forcing the tribulation. Strange bedfellows, indeed. Go read Revelations while you are at it and find out what role a disposable Israel plays.