Anti-Israel festival

Normally the word 'Jew' itself is not an insult - but it can be used insultingly, as we've seen. When it's used where 'Jewish' should be, for example.....

Or in the particularly conflicted colloquialism of 'to Jew down' (as in "He wanted a hundred for it, but I Jewed him down to sixty five") - now if it weren't for the hateful stereotype of 'Jews are al about money', that wouldn't be an insult. But it is one.

What about if we refer to Jews as "snake people"? Is that cool? :dunno:

goy is a slur

'Goy' is another word for "nation", I have said that more then one time. Goy is not even a person, it's a very general definision.

that is not the one who issues the term who determines whether it is offensive or not, it is the one to whom the term is issued.

That will be true in case the word is indeed insulting. Which in that case, is not. That's like religious people here suddenly deciding that the Hebrew word "Doss" is insulting. Well, "Doss" simply means "religious one" in Yiddish. Nothing insulting about it, if they choose to see it as insulting, it's too bad for them.:eusa_eh:

i cannot really even think of a culture that distinguishes all other peoples as NOT being part of the group in question.

I guess you are unfamiliar with the word Dhimmi?:doubt:

well, you go ahead and use it

There is no need for me to do that. If I wish I simply say "Non-Jews" or "Non Israelis". In Israel it is more common using the word "Goy" when refering to non Israelis, mostly. But when we speak of other nations, we simply say "Europeans" or "Americans" or I dunno what.

the word was used in the article.

as for dhimmi, i think it is a slur, although it does not apply to all other people of the world who are not muslim. i haven't seen it used on this board other than by jewish/zionist posters.

Didn't ask if it was. Only that it exists in the cultural dictionary. Since you said you didn't hear of any other culture making a "separation" such as this.

my understanding is that dhimmi refers to those non muslims living in muslim countries and is more of a legai/practical definition rather than a racial distinction, and it does not apply to all non-muslims worldwide.

if, in the future, mus;ims use it in this country to regularly refer to non-muslims, than it may become a slur, depending upon how etensively it is used by muslims and how it is perceived by non-musli9ms.

the word was used in the article.

as for dhimmi, i think it is a slur, although it does not apply to all other people of the world who are not muslim. i haven't seen it used on this board other than by jewish/zionist posters.

Didn't ask if it was. Only that it exists in the cultural dictionary. Since you said you didn't hear of any other culture making a "separation" such as this.

my understanding is that dhimmi refers to those non muslims living in muslim countries and is more of a legai/practical definition rather than a racial distinction, and it does not apply to all non-muslims worldwide.

if, in the future, mus;ims use it in this country to regularly refer to non-muslims, than it may become a slur, depending upon how etensively it is used by muslims and how it is perceived by non-musli9ms.

Unlike saying "Kuffar" or "Ibna Al Hanazir" (A term saved only for the Jews)?:confused:

Forum List

Back