Anti-Islam ads on NYC buses. Whose side are you on?

turzovka

Gold Member
Nov 20, 2012
Well now this is interesting. Pro-Israel groups riled by pro-Muslim ads, pro-Muslim sentiment in our universities, text books, govt decisions, etc. from recent years are fighting back. I imagine they are fighting back because of the ignorance of many in the West, or their indifference to how Israel is being treated and continuously attacked and threatened by so many Islamic circles, cells and violent hate groups. Or how our universities are so anti-Israel and sponsor boycotts and are conspicuously silent against Islamic terrorism. If you took a poll I doubt Israel would even come out ahead as to what Americans or Western Europeans consider to be the biggest threat to peace or the most agitating force in the Middle East.

This right wing Pro-Israeli organization says its intention is to counter this widespread ignorance or bias against Israel. I think they have a very legitimate point. Do I agree with their ads they are about to run?, no I do not. Too incendiary. I would have worded things much differently. But I give them credit for their courage. They are surely not going to be welcome by the general public or by the media in the West. Maybe Obama will find this another great opportunity to show how much he cannot tolerate anything Israel and also how unfair we in the West have been towards Islam. And don't you Christian dare complain or mount your high horses. Remember the Alamo... I mean Crusades. :0

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

http://www.newsmax.com/US/afdi-jews-muslims-cair/2015/04/22/id/640071/?ns_mail_uid=3140586&ns_mail_job=1617856_04222015&s=al&dkt_nbr=tthrqibo

Judge Allows 'Killing Jews Is Worship' Ads on NYC Transport

Wednesday, 22 Apr 2015 12:24 PM By Melanie Batley

An ad that says, "Killing Jews is Worship that draws us close to Allah" should be permitted to appear on New York City buses and subways, a federal judge has ruled.

The advert was created by a pro-Israel organization, the American Freedom Defense Initiative (AFDI). It features an image of a young man in a checkered headscarf and was designed to highlight what the AFDI argues are Muslim attitudes toward Jews,

The ad was originally rejected by New York's Metropolitan Transport Authority (MTA), which said that they were "savage" and demeaned Muslims and Palestinians while at the same time could incite violence against Jews.

U.S. District Judge John Koeltl has ruled that the MTA cannot stop the ads from running

In the judgment, he said that MTA officials "underestimate the tolerant quality of New Yorkers and overestimate the potential impact of these fleeting advertisements."

He added: "Moreover, there is no evidence that seeing one of these advertisements on the back of a bus would be sufficient to trigger a violent reaction. Therefore, these ads — offensive as they may be — are still entitled to First Amendment protection."

AFDI co-founder Pamela Geller tweeted her delight at the ruling, saying that it was "a triumph for liberty and free speech."

The ad is intended to be a parody of an ad put out by the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), a civil liberties group that promotes the rights of Muslims and better relations between Muslims and non-Muslims.

In 2012 and 2013, CAIR ran posters in several American cities promoting peaceful versions of Islam. " '#MyJihad is to build friendships across the aisle.' What's yours?" read one.

In his ruling in favor of AFDI, Koeltl said the ads could not reasonably be considered an incitement to violence, even if someone didn't understand them.

"The defendants admit that the actual intention of the advertisement is not to advocate the use of force, but to parody the CAIR 'My Jihad' campaign and to criticize Hamas and radical Islam.

"However, they argue that a reasonable New Yorker would not read the advertisement this way, but would instead read it as advocating the killing of Jewish people," Koeltl wrote, according to the Post. "The defendants' theory is thoroughly unpersuasive."

If terrorist-supporting Islamist groups like C.A.I.R. are allowed to issue their Da'wahs on public transportation, I would think those who oppose their agenda should be able to as well.

Of course. You support Geller and her genocidal ambitions.

If a government wants to learn how to manage growing Islamic problems, take some advice from Ottoman army officer Mustafa Kemal Atatürk. Atatürk abolished Islam by putting a complete ban on Islamic materials, demolishing mosques, and removing any traces of Islam in his country to get rid of the evil. Those who tried to revolt were put in their place, or basically killed….

It is time for the UK to stop wasting their military abroad, but bring them to patrol their own streets and begin to remove Muslims. And it is vital time to plan and arrange deportation programs – and even arrange new deportation programs for practicing Muslims born in England to be deported to their parent’s country of origin.

If terrorist-supporting Islamist groups like C.A.I.R. are allowed to issue their Da'wahs on public transportation, I would think those who oppose their agenda should be able to as well.

If a government wants to learn how to manage growing Islamic problems, take some advice from Ottoman army officer Mustafa Kemal Atatürk. Atatürk abolished Islam by putting a complete ban on Islamic materials, demolishing mosques, and removing any traces of Islam in his country to get rid of the evil. Those who tried to revolt were put in their place, or basically killed….

It is time for the UK to stop wasting their military abroad, but bring them to patrol their own streets and begin to remove Muslims. And it is vital time to plan and arrange deportation programs – and even arrange new deportation programs for practicing Muslims born in England to be deported to their parent’s country of origin.
Like there is no alternative measures that could or should be deployed between Geller's radical tactics and Obama's cowardliness --- or should I say, Obama's and countless liberals in the West hatred of Israel?

I support free speech, and the adds hateful as they are - are free speech. Just like the KKK rallies. Just like the Neo-Nazi's.

However, I also support this free speech as a way to counter it :)

Jewish Community Protests Anti-Islamic Ad Campaign The Jewish Week

Jews Respond to Savage Subway Ads - The Daily Beast

sUBWAY-ADS.jpg

Like there is no alternative measures that could or should be deployed between Geller's radical tactics and Obama's cowardliness --- or should I say, Obama's and countless liberals in the West hatred of Israel?

Obama's "hatred of Israel"? That cry is getting old and largely unsupported. It's like the boy who cried wolf.

Well now this is interesting. Pro-Israel groups riled by pro-Muslim ads, pro-Muslim sentiment in our universities, text books, govt decisions, etc. from recent years are fighting back. I imagine they are fighting back because of the ignorance of many in the West, or their indifference to how Israel is being treated and continuously attacked and threatened by so many Islamic circles, cells and violent hate groups. Or how our universities are so anti-Israel and sponsor boycotts and are conspicuously silent against Islamic terrorism. If you took a poll I doubt Israel would even come out ahead as to what Americans or Western Europeans consider to be the biggest threat to peace or the most agitating force in the Middle East.

This right wing Pro-Israeli organization says its intention is to counter this widespread ignorance or bias against Israel. I think they have a very legitimate point. Do I agree with their ads they are about to run?, no I do not. Too incendiary. I would have worded things much differently. But I give them credit for their courage. They are surely not going to be welcome by the general public or by the media in the West. Maybe Obama will find this another great opportunity to show how much he cannot tolerate anything Israel and also how unfair we in the West have been towards Islam. And don't you Christian dare complain or mount your high horses. Remember the Alamo... I mean Crusades. :0

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

http://www.newsmax.com/US/afdi-jews-muslims-cair/2015/04/22/id/640071/?ns_mail_uid=3140586&ns_mail_job=1617856_04222015&s=al&dkt_nbr=tthrqibo

Judge Allows 'Killing Jews Is Worship' Ads on NYC Transport

Wednesday, 22 Apr 2015 12:24 PM By Melanie Batley

An ad that says, "Killing Jews is Worship that draws us close to Allah" should be permitted to appear on New York City buses and subways, a federal judge has ruled.

The advert was created by a pro-Israel organization, the American Freedom Defense Initiative (AFDI). It features an image of a young man in a checkered headscarf and was designed to highlight what the AFDI argues are Muslim attitudes toward Jews,

The ad was originally rejected by New York's Metropolitan Transport Authority (MTA), which said that they were "savage" and demeaned Muslims and Palestinians while at the same time could incite violence against Jews.

U.S. District Judge John Koeltl has ruled that the MTA cannot stop the ads from running

In the judgment, he said that MTA officials "underestimate the tolerant quality of New Yorkers and overestimate the potential impact of these fleeting advertisements."

He added: "Moreover, there is no evidence that seeing one of these advertisements on the back of a bus would be sufficient to trigger a violent reaction. Therefore, these ads — offensive as they may be — are still entitled to First Amendment protection."

AFDI co-founder Pamela Geller tweeted her delight at the ruling, saying that it was "a triumph for liberty and free speech."

The ad is intended to be a parody of an ad put out by the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), a civil liberties group that promotes the rights of Muslims and better relations between Muslims and non-Muslims.

In 2012 and 2013, CAIR ran posters in several American cities promoting peaceful versions of Islam. " '#MyJihad is to build friendships across the aisle.' What's yours?" read one.

In his ruling in favor of AFDI, Koeltl said the ads could not reasonably be considered an incitement to violence, even if someone didn't understand them.

"The defendants admit that the actual intention of the advertisement is not to advocate the use of force, but to parody the CAIR 'My Jihad' campaign and to criticize Hamas and radical Islam.

"However, they argue that a reasonable New Yorker would not read the advertisement this way, but would instead read it as advocating the killing of Jewish people," Koeltl wrote, according to the Post. "The defendants' theory is thoroughly unpersuasive."
That ad is nothing more than an attempt to spread discord and incite violence. Some people have no shame.

Well just ask yourself this one question. If that sign was about black people instead of Jews would it be free speech or hate speech?

I like the ads on buses , makes sense to me . Hope to see more of this stuff !!

Obama's "hatred of Israel"? That cry is getting old and largely unsupported. It's like the boy who cried wolf.

You don't read much I take it.

Well just ask yourself this one question. If that sign was about black people instead of Jews would it be free speech or hate speech?
It's in the Koran. It is carried out by many malevolent forces because they are abiding by their religious teachings. It is being sponsored by many so-called "benign" Islamic organizations in the West clandestinely. Many are funding murderers, including CAIR. I, for one, cannot tolerate the cowards in congress and the indifference of our people and the demagogues in the media.

To answer your question, I would not be in favor of anything of that nature against black people.
Black people do not have an ideology however shared by their masses, unlike masses in Islam so I do see a real difference.

I also made very clear that I did not support the ads, but is that not relevant to your response?

What angers me is how little is being done by govts in the West to take on fanatical Islam. I do not care to read about more young girls being raped and made into sex slaves or other children being beheaded in front of their parents. But that's just me.

It's in the Koran. It is carried out by many malevolent forces because they are abiding by their religious teachings. It is being sponsored by many so-called "benign" Islamic organizations in the West clandestinely. Many are funding murderers, including CAIR. I, for one, cannot tolerate the cowards in congress and the indifference of our people and the demagogues in the media.

To answer your question, I would not be in favor of anything of that nature against black people.
Black people do not have an ideology however shared by their masses, unlike masses in Islam so I do see a real difference.

I also made very clear that I did not support the ads, but is that not relevant to your response?

What angers me is how little is being done by govts in the West to take on fanatical Islam. I do not care to read about more young girls being raped and made into sex slaves or other children being beheaded in front of their parents. But that's just me.

I only asked the question. If our mass transit system allowed those signs against black people instead of Jews would it be free speech or hate speech? I think you know the answer.

Says the lying piece of shit that has supported an Islamist call for the genocide of Jews in a recent thread and demands people in the thread in question attack some Jews, instead.

I only asked the question. If our mass transit system allowed those signs against black people instead of Jews would it be free speech or hate speech? I think you know the answer.
Yes, I know the answer, but it is really not relevant or fair to make such a comparison. I think you knew that answer, too.

Neither black nor Jew is a quasi-religious totalitarian political ideology.

Islam is.

People are free to choose such an ideology, but doing so does not exempt them from criticism much as you or others might like such a totalitarian choice to remain inviolate.

'He added: "Moreover, there is no evidence that seeing one of these advertisements on the back of a bus would be sufficient to trigger a violent reaction. Therefore, these ads — offensive as they may be — are still entitled to First Amendment protection."'

Correct.

Consequently this has nothing to do with 'sides.'

Yes, I know the answer, but it is really not relevant or fair to make such a comparison. I think you knew that answer, too.

It certainly is fair. It illustrates a double standard. You know and I know if those signs were about black people instead of Jews there would be national justified outrage! Why are Jews fair game all of a sudden. I call it hate speech.

Forum List

Back