Anti-Immigration = Anti-Capitalism

Tigerbob: would YOU care to make a commitment? You either are opposed to illegal aliens, or you aren't. The rest is bull crap. Not that I or anyone cares. It's minor point people (like you) like to avoid. And you do that rather well, if I do say so.

Its a tax on businesses, an unnecessary regulation and impedes the free flow of labor in the law of supply and demand. Labor should be allowed to flow to the employment where it is needed instead of this anti-capitalist funnel that is imposed by bigots wanting to keep people perfectly willing to work away from jobs employers want them to do

As fast as US citizens are losing jobs, I have no sympathy for non-US citizens. Quit being a retard.

Tigerbob: would YOU care to make a commitment? You either are opposed to illegal aliens, or you aren't. The rest is bull crap. Not that I or anyone cares. It's minor point people (like you) like to avoid. And you do that rather well, if I do say so.

:confused:

Several points:
1. You've been on this board all of 5 minutes and you think you know me? How do you know what I deliberately avoid?
2. If I did avoid answering it was only because
(a) I had - still have, for that matter - no idea why you were asking me the question,
(b) I didn't understand what had prompted the question
(c) you made a statement and then asked me to "explain" it, which didn't make it seem like a question. Why should I "explain" your post when I have no idea why you wrote it or indeed whether the point you are trying to make is valid?
3. If neither you nor anyone else cares, why ask me repeated questions?
4. While now finally a bit clearer about what bee is in your bonnet, your question is still only half a question. It should read "Are you opposed to illegal aliens (insert missing word or phrase here)". Some examples would be "living in the U.S.", "being hired to work in the U.S." or "claiming benefits in the U.S."

To clarify my position on what I think your question is: No I don't support illegal aliens being hired to work in the U.S. I think anyone coming to live and work in the U.S. should go through the proper channels, go through the interviews, complete the paperwork, supply the affidavit of support, get the medical exam and finally get a visa. If they don't they should be deported.

Now you're free to answer the question I posted to you (post #16, as I recall) which, BTW, had nothing to do with illegal aliens.

Its a tax on businesses, an unnecessary regulation and impedes the free flow of labor in the law of supply and demand. Labor should be allowed to flow to the employment where it is needed instead of this anti-capitalist funnel that is imposed by bigots wanting to keep people perfectly willing to work away from jobs employers want them to do

Who is anti immigration?

Is that the same as being anti illegal immigration?

Your post is totally unclear.

It's unclear to you because you do not wish to consider it. Laws passed to restrict the free flow of labor are anti-capitalist. Can you understand that?

Are you an advocate of some kind of New World Order, or something?

Because what you are advocating, when you advocate that a ntion cannot control the ebb and flow at the border is the end of nation states, ya' know.

I mean its okay if that's what you really believe, I'm just seeking further clarification of your position

Do you also think that drug laws, laws about prostitution, child labor, environmental laws, work and safety laws, consumer laws, are also anti-capitalistic?

Because they are, you know.

They're all an infringement on capital's absolute freedom to do what it wants.

It's unclear to you because you do not wish to consider it. Laws passed to restrict the free flow of labor are anti-capitalist. Can you understand that?

Your mother volunteered to fuck me for cash. I shot my wad all over her face. I told the bitch she was just the free flow of labor, and that laws passed to restrict her services were anti-capitalist. Thank God neither of us are bigots!

Can you understand that?

OJ is actually right, if you believe what that crazy radical leftist Adam Smith wrote about oh so many years ago.

For a real, effective free market to exist there must be complete freedom of both CAPITAL AND LABOR. Only under those conditions are all those pretty things about capitalism and real free trade true. But of course, those 'rugged individualist capitalists' wouldn't want their legions of fans to know that. Adam Smith is the establishment's patron saint, as long as you don't read his shit.

OJ is actually right, if you believe what that crazy radical leftist Adam Smith wrote about oh so many years ago.

I'd been thinking about posting that for a while, but was enjoying watching all the posts. It's completely true - that's capitalism in its purest form. That said, I'm happy with the watered down form we have right now. Fuck the purists.

In the words of John Nash "Adam Smith was wrong".

ok so .... do these libs want a new world order or not ....because half the time they are bitching they don't .....then they want "programs" that will create it......

oh yea....the were for the nwo before they were against it......

I'd been thinking about posting that for a while, but was enjoying watching all the posts. It's completely true - that's capitalism in its purest form. That said, I'm happy with the watered down form we have right now. Fuck the purists.

In the words of John Nash "Adam Smith was wrong".

Well, yeah, that's a perfectly legitimate response.

Who here has actually READ Wealth of Nations?

Few of you who think he was an advocate of FREE TRADE as currently practiced could have read him, that's for DAMNED SURE.

But to the extent that we have liberated CAPITAL from national identify and national restrictions, so too would it make sense (I suppose) to likewise liberate LABOR from such incoveniences as citizens' obligations and national borders.

That's a grand plan that requires either NO Governments and NO nations or a ONE WORLD government, though.

Funny thing about the economy nowadays: It doesn't benefit American culture. Just rich folks, and they don't care about anything more than capitalism or profits,

The infamous post 16. Now, lets separate the wheat from the chafe here. I live with illegal aliens. I make less than 40Ka year. Now, who defines what poor or wealthy IS, anyway? Tell me Tigerbob? People like you with a few more posts than me? You equivocation and condescension confused me for a moment. Could have sworn you were one of those damned pro illegals chumps. I couldn't tell. Oh, yeah...I have posted here a few times in the past, sweetpea. Not that it matters.

Pure capitalism means exactly that. It means no controls of any kind. No trade areas (like NAFTA and the EU) since they discriminate. As do import tariffs. I would guess it also means no unions, since unions are not in the business of directly reflecting fiscal reality. This is exactly where John Nash's equilibrium goes head to head with Adam Smith.

Yep. Pure capitalism also means no public schools, no public libraries, no police or firefighters (unless they're private cotnractors), no regulations about lead in toothpaste and melomine in milk, no zoning laws (so you can have a nice suburban house next to a polluting factory), no laws restricting child labour and requiring kids to be sent to school...

Pure capitalism is an extremist ideology just like communism, and in practice, it just doesn't work.

If by "capitalism" you mean no laws, then perhaps you're right. But as Pale Rider noted, a sovereign state should have the right to regulate who comes and goes. And it's not necessarily "racist" for a country to try and minimize demographic changes. Besides...illegal immigrants come from a wide spectrum of ethnicities and "races", including white people from Poland. Let's be clear: taking measures against large-scale illegal immigration is not the same thing as opposing all forms of immigration. The United States welcomes a limited number of legal immigrants, particularly those who have valuable skills or have family already living in the United States. So, US immigration policy is fairly liberal.

On the flip side of the coin, many politicians exploit the illegal immigration issue so they can get votes, but they also don't want to upset the businesses that employ illegal immigants under the table, hence many illegal immigrants are stuck in a gray area -working just like you and me, but without the legal rights that we have- and are being taken advantage of, and both they and American workers are getting screwed. The illegal immigrants are hired (rather than being turned away) but are either working under the table and therefore getting paid horribly dismal wages, OR they use fake social security numbers which means that they're also paying taxes (but are still getting paid minimum wage, which is being kept artificially low by the business community because they can readily find freshly-arrived immigrants happy to work for almost nothing). Meanwhile, American workers have to compete with cheap labour, too cheap for the American cost of living.

Last edited:

What is this "tax" on business, exactly? And, what businesses stoop to skirting a litany of laws, from reporting to Social Security Admin. to enforcing workplace OSHA mandated safety rules in the name of profit? Honest and scrupulous ones? Don't try to kid us, Capitalism has become like a monster, like something out of a Greek play about a creature with a voracious appetite, that would eat ANYTHING for the sake of keeping sated. Destroying lives and cultures & communities may just be a secondary little bitty tinsy side effect of a Global economic system, but it has gone way beyond capitalism into some monstrous evil. I don't think any of that hoodoo of yours morally or ethically excuse illegals or the people that help or hire them, it's a pathetic excuse. The " Economy" made me do it.

I'd like to add this to my last post. Remember "Schindler's list"? The Nazi Machine "profited" from enforced slave labor of the conquered lands and the genocide of Jews. It was highly lucrative at the time and in that place. Is that all that matters? Profit? There is more to this argument than what is good for the present economy and the profiteers and that subculture, man does not live by profit alone. This issue goes deeper than what is good for the economy.

Nonsense, Oj.

Unrestricted immigration to the detriment of citizens is also called an invasion.

Borders exist to protect resources and opportunities for the citizenry.

All international trade is not bad, but human abuse is not a legitimate comparative advantage.

Free Trade also means the freedom to say no to bad deals.

Nonsense, Oj.

Unrestricted immigration to the detriment of citizens is also called an invasion.

All international trade is not bad, but human abuse is not a legitimate comparative advantage.

Well put.

Sadly FREE TRADE as currently designed means that our nation often does NOT have the freedom to say no to bad deals.

Would that it were so, though.

Nonsense, Oj.

Well put.

Sadly FREE TRADE as currently designed means that our nation often does NOT have the freedom to say no to bad deals.

Would that it were so, though.

Globalism is about turning national governments into mere enforcers of multinational corporate policy. And yes, you can quote me on that.

Forum List

Back