Anti-Health Care Republicans Officially Receive Taxpayer-Funded Coverage

Flaylo

Handsome Devil
Feb 10, 2010
In some grass near you
Rep. Joe Courtney: Anti-Health Care Republicans Officially Receive Taxpayer-Funded Coverage

"Today, Republican Members of Congress who ran on a platform of repealing health care and patients' rights for millions of Americans officially began receiving their own Congressional health insurance. Just two weeks after their party voted unanimously to strip patient protections and affordable coverage for all Americans, all but 15 new Republican members of the 112th Congress are enrolled in a comprehensive insurance plan. Their plan is paid for with generous subsidies courtesy of the American taxpayer, and has no waiting period for pre-existing illness or disability."

H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E-S

Rep. Joe Courtney: Anti-Health Care Republicans Officially Receive Taxpayer-Funded Coverage

"Today, Republican Members of Congress who ran on a platform of repealing health care and patients' rights for millions of Americans officially began receiving their own Congressional health insurance. Just two weeks after their party voted unanimously to strip patient protections and affordable coverage for all Americans, all but 15 new Republican members of the 112th Congress are enrolled in a comprehensive insurance plan. Their plan is paid for with generous subsidies courtesy of the American taxpayer, and has no waiting period for pre-existing illness or disability."

H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E-S

How is getting health insurance from your job the same as getting insurance from the government if you do not work for them? The subsidy paid into it by the government. is the same as the subsidy my company pays for my health insurance.

Once they leave congress, they would have to go get new insurance, same as anyone else getting another job.

the comparison is invalid.

This is kind of a non-sequitur (I've never really used that word. *pats back*)

H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E-S

obamacare is not "affordable care for all Americans" Everyone's insurance rates have gone sky high, business cannot afford the premiums and guess what 700 waivers to the union buddies. if obama care was all that the unions wouldn't be opting out. sorry but for the 99th time you fucking fail. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Willow, no for the record my rates haven't gone sky high since, and I was provided with a packet from my provider detailing exactly how the new law effects me. It's not scary. The insurance company doesn't seem scared of it, either. That's just reality.

Willow, no for the record my rates haven't gone sky high since, and I was provided with a packet from my provider detailing exactly how the new law effects me. It's not scary. The insurance company doesn't seem scared of it, either. That's just reality.

reality for you. you izzz lucky. others not so lucky..

I'm a member of the biggest, if not close to the biggest provider in New York State, not some small provider in say, Rhode Island.

I'm a member of the biggest, if not close to the biggest provider in New York State, not some small provider in say, Rhode Island.

and?

and?

And you cannot provide that the Health Care law caused anyone's rates to "sky rocket," you just felt great saying that. If anyone's rates went up, they likely went up at the same percentage they've been going up year to year regardless, i.e. the Law probably had no effect on price (which is in effect a failure, but it's not as you say, why).

How is getting health insurance from your job the same as getting insurance from the government if you do not work for them? The subsidy paid into it by the government. is the same as the subsidy my company pays for my health insurance.

I'd suggest that the hypocrisy here, if any, is that these folks have an advocate. The OPM effectively runs a health insurance exchange and works as an active purchaser to get from private insurers a wide selection of pretty nice benefit packages and consumer protections. Lots of folks trying to buy insurance don't currently have that advocate (that includes those of us with employer-sponsored coverage in the small group market--our employers simply don't have the clout to do anything remotely similar when they select coverage for their employees). Under reform, they will--they'll have an exchange, either run by their state government or a non-profit designated by the state government.

A bunch of old men, many of whom have pre-existing conditions that would make obtaining insurance without their advocate very challenging, attempting to deny their constituents access to a similar advocate? If not hypocrisy, it sure is douchebaggery.

Neither have mine.

Last edited:

and?

And you cannot provide that the Health Care law caused anyone's rates to "sky rocket," you just felt great saying that. If anyone's rates went up, they likely went up at the same percentage they've been going up year to year regardless, i.e. the Law probably had no effect on price (which is in effect a failure, but it's not as you say, why).

You drink your kool aid and be a good boy. I'm telling you what's being said. Now today Senator Chuckie is going to hold some hearings on the issues and I'll be listening carefully. Rates have gone up you can deny it all you wish I do not believe you. It doesn't take a mathamatical genuis to know that when 30 million new people are added, 60% of them need subsidizing, caps are gone, all pre existings must be covered, and basement dwellers must be covered til they reach 26 and bla bla bla ,, everyone except yourself can do the math and realize rates have skyrocketed.. and we're just getting started. I personally know that my drug have increased by about 10% in the space of one month. so again, if you see no increase you izzz lucky. Oh! and just to add 700 of obie wan's biggest bud's have been given waivers so they ain't a helping.

Last edited:

You drink your kool aid and be a good boy. I'm telling you what's being said. Now today Senator Chuckie is going to hold some hearings on the issues and I'll be listening carefully. Rates have gone up you can deny it all you wish I do not believe you. It doesn't take a mathamatical genuis to know that when 30 million new people are added, 60% of them need subsidizing, caps are gone, all pre existings must be covered, and basement dwellers must be covered til they reach 26 and bla bla bla ,, everyone except yourself can do the math and realize rates have skyrocketed.. and we're just getting started. I personally know that my drug have increased by about 10% in the space of one month. so again, if you see no increase you izzz lucky. Oh! and just to add 700 of obie wan's biggest bud's have been given waivers so they ain't a helping.

You're "telling me what's being said," but it doesn't match with numbers and reality, so who's drinking someone's kool aid?

You show the rates have sky rocketed by providing actual rates and comparisons, not saying what someone told you. That's the epitome of drinking someone's kool aid.

It's a fact that rates have not "sky rocketed." Cold, hard, fact.

You're "telling me what's being said," but it doesn't match with numbers and reality, so who's drinking someone's kool aid?

You show the rates have sky rocketed by providing actual rates and comparisons, not saying what someone told you. That's the epitome of drinking someone's kool aid.

You seem to have a better handle on this than I do.. Show me the tables that say rates have stayed the same or decreased (as promised) and I'll say I'm sorry. as it stands I can only thell you what I've heard. People are coming forward on tube and relating their situations,, "you know?" how the dems drag people forth to relate their sob stories.. now we are hearing sob stories.. for over charged premiums. one that I can think of Mr. O'Reilly said his has jumped by $2000 dollars a year. Now he can afford to pay it but many cannot.

You seem to have a better handle on this than I do.. Show me the tables that say rates have stayed the same or decreased (as promised) and I'll say I'm sorry. as it stands I can only thell you what I've heard. People are coming forward on tube and relating their situations,, "you know?" how the dems drag people forth to relate their sob stories.. now we are hearing sob stories.. for over charged premiums. one that I can think of Mr. O'Reilly said his has jumped by $2000 dollars a year. Now he can afford to pay it but many cannot.

No, first compare your quote highlighted, with what I actually said, (hint: it's here: And you cannot provide that the Health Care law caused anyone's rates to "sky rocket," you just felt great saying that. If anyone's rates went up, they likely went up at the same percentage they've been going up year to year regardless, i.e. the Law probably had no effect on price (which is in effect a failure, but it's not as you say, why). And then you can apologize for not knowing how to follow a conversation with the attention span greater than, say, a Beavis.

Here's a number for you: Since 2001, Rates have increased by 30%. Did the 2009 Health Care law cause that "sky rocket?"

No, it simply didn't curb the same or close to same YEARLY INCREASE WE'VE BEEN GETTING REGARDLESS OF THE LAW. Facts are nice. So is knowing how to read and follow.

Last edited:

No, first compare your quote highlighted, with what I actually said, (hint: it's here: And you cannot provide that the Health Care law caused anyone's rates to "sky rocket," you just felt great saying that. If anyone's rates went up, they likely went up at the same percentage they've been going up year to year regardless, i.e. the Law probably had no effect on price (which is in effect a failure, but it's not as you say, why). And then you can apologize for not knowing how to follow a conversation with the attention span greater than, say, a Beavis.

Here's a number for you: Since 2001, Rates have increased by 30%. Did the 2009 Health Care law cause that "sky rocket?"

No, it simply didn't curb the same or close to same YEARLY INCREASE WE'VE BEEN GETTING REGARDLESS OF THE LAW. Facts are nice. So is knowing how to read and follow.

I gave you a whole list of articles to read you are on your own. That plus the 700 waivers is all the proof I need.

Don't mind Willow, she's one of those people who gets government insurance. Now THAT'S how you spell hypocrite.

I gave you a whole list of articles to read you are on your own. That plus the 700 waivers is all the proof I need.

I've read on my own with reliable sources, thanks. You should do the same. You should also note that 30% is by definition a "sky rocket," which is what happened before the law even took place since 2001.

Since the law, there's been no sky rocket, only the typical yearly increase as we've BEEN seeing. THAT'S indicitive that the law has had no effect on price, not a "sky rocketing" effect.

Don't mind Willow, she's one of those people who gets government insurance. Now THAT'S how you spell hypocrite.

Send me all my money.. all of it, and I'll take care of myself. So, you are now offically on record as being in favor of privatization. This is good news.

No, first compare your quote highlighted, with what I actually said, (hint: it's here: And you cannot provide that the Health Care law caused anyone's rates to "sky rocket," you just felt great saying that. If anyone's rates went up, they likely went up at the same percentage they've been going up year to year regardless, i.e. the Law probably had no effect on price (which is in effect a failure, but it's not as you say, why). And then you can apologize for not knowing how to follow a conversation with the at

I've read on my own with reliable sources, thanks. You should do the same. You should also note that 30% is by definition a "sky rocket," which is what happened before the law even took place since 2001.

Since the law, there's been no sky rocket, only the typical yearly increase as we've BEEN seeing. THAT'S indicitive that the law has had no effect on price, not a "sky rocketing" effect.

2000 dollars a year increase is a skyrocket.

Forum List

Back