Anti-Health Care Reform Protesters Mock Parkinson's Victim

Most people don't support ridiculing the disabled. and just because people don't want a public "option" doesn't mean they don't want reform. Funny how the conservative idea of allowing insurers to sell across state lines is forgotten by those who claim the repubs have no answers.

I never said people not wanting a public option means they're against reform. Won't find that anywhere Elvis.

And we've already discussed my opinion about being allowed to sell across state lines. All that will do is be a race to the bottom in terms of regulations where insurance companies will use the state with the least regulations for their business.

All it does more than anything is help the insurance company's bottom line. I don't mind things like Tort Reform either, but those two things alone are not going to solve this issue, not by a long shot. And I know you didn't say that, but some people actually believe it will.

except 99 percent of the country wants some kind of reform. they just don't want Obamacare.

Much lower than 99%. This goes beyond Obamacare.

Obamacare, or HC Reform is not the point of this thread.

The point of this thread is to show the lack of humanity of some people when it comes to these issue. We as a country have lost our way if we not only accept such behavior but support it.

Most people don't support ridiculing the disabled. and just because people don't want a public "option" doesn't mean they don't want reform. Funny how the conservative idea of allowing insurers to sell across state lines is forgotten by those who claim the repubs have no answers.

The CBO has said that is like 2% of the problem.

It will do next to nothing to solve the problem.

and since when did "mocking" someone with disabilities become a horror.

didn't you all say Palin should get over herself when a T.V. show mocked her and her downs syndrome baby.

or when she spoke out over Rahm calling people retards.

It's always been a horror. Nobody's gone after Palin's son.

People went after Palin for calling out Rahm for using the word retard but when Rush used it, she called it satire. They called her out for being a hypocrite.

The person who voiced the down syndrome character on Family Guy had Down Syndrome, fucking hack that you are.

you need to look in a mirror to see a fucking hack my dear.:eusa_whistle:

Pathetic failed attempt at diversion.

People went after Palin for calling out Rahm for using the word retard but when Rush used it, she called it satire. They called her out for being a hypocrite.

The person who voiced the down syndrome character on Family Guy had Down Syndrome, fucking hack that you are.

Pathetic failed attempt at diversion.

you would know about that.

didn't you all say Palin should get over herself when a T.V. show mocked her and her downs syndrome baby.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOGWbzUM-y8]YouTube - I know you are but what am I? - Pee-Wee's Big Adventure[/ame]

I didn't see them mocking him. Mocking him, to me, would've been shaking... parodying his condition. The guy throwing money at him was a bit brash in his approach but their message basically was that they didn't want him there looking for hand outs.

I do find it funny when people say that "everyone deserves the right to decent health care." Well, you're more than welcome to have it just like you have the right to buy a Aston Martin and a 20,000 sq. foot house. So, when you cut through the bull shit, why not just come out and say "i deserve to have someone else pay for my health care."

Last edited:
I didn't see them mocking him. Mocking him, to me, would've been shaking... parodying his condition. The guy throwing money at him was a bit brash in his approach but their message basically was that they didn't want him there looking for hand outs.

I do find it funny when people say that "everyone deserves the right to decent health care." Well, you're more than welcome to have it just like you have the right to buy a Aston Martin and a 20,000 sq. foot house. So, when you cut through the bull shit, why not just come out and say "i deserve to have someone else pay for my health care."

The guy wasn't looking for a hand out. He was looking for a hand up. You have no idea about this guy's situation. Did you see him begging for change? No.

You call the guy throwing money at him brash, I call it sickening.

Whatever happened to acting like human fucking beings? He never said he deserves someone else to pay for his health care.

Fer crying out loud, are liberals in a constant stage of RAGE.

all over a video and not even being at the event to know exactly what went down. sheesh:cuckoo:

There is a difference between calling a person with Down Syndrome "retard" and using it against a person without disabilities.

Ridiculing a person with Parkinsons is just plain wrong..........Ask Rush Limbaugh....he can explain it

There is a difference between calling a person with Down Syndrome "retard" and using it against a person without disabilities.

Ridiculing a person with Parkinsons is just plain wrong..........Ask Rush Limbaugh....he can explain it

yeah yeah yeah.:eusa_whistle:

I especially like the guy who said "I can say what I want, whether its right or not, its america". Again, sounds like many posters here. "I believe what I want, who cares if its right or not"

Gregg you should watch the video again.

The guy who said "I can say what I want...." was wearing a button that said "HEALTH CARE NOW"' there were two confronting sides there and he was on the side "For ObamaCare" (your side), and was being challenged by an ObamaCare protestor.

Does that change anything in your evaluation of the protestor?

(Click on thumbnail to enlarge)

Attachments

• $untitled.JPG
    $untitled.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
So who is willing to step up and defend their fellow human being by saying such actions taken by these savages is completely wrong? :eusa_think:

I don't like their methods, but since when is protesting government actions... wrong? Last I heard, we still had the Freedom of Speech in this country.

The guy that threw the money at the man with Parkinson's is an ass, but he was making a point and a valid point. It is not the government's responsibility to force us to be charitable.

My personal belief is that everyone should have access to health care. Quite frankly, I believe everyone in this country already has access to health care. I am not opposed to having my taxes go up in order to make sure that everyone has access. However, I am not a fan of the solutions that the politicians in Washington are trying to ram down our throats.

Disgusting, simply fucking disgusting.

It starts around 0:51.

Dispatch Video | The Columbus Dispatch

On another note, at 1:24, it looks like Mal.

That guy throwing the dollar bills at the guy should have both his wrists broken.

The woman at the end? Put small businesses out of "work?" Really? Without having to offer an employer paid plan, small businesses will benefit most from increased ability to compete.

It seems to me that you have not thought this through. Many small businesses cannot afford to offer their employees health insurance and don't. Now the Democrats are indicating that their plan will force those employers to provide health insurance or face tax penalties for not doing so. If that is true, then it will force some small businesses out of business.

My wife works for a dry cleaners. They do not offer health insurance and simply can not afford to do so. Now, you want to penalize them for not doing so? Who has to provide the health insurance for a couple, the husband's employer or the wife's and what about the other employer?

The Democrats are also indicating that on a personal level you will be required to carry health insurance and be fined and/or imprisoned for not carrying health insurance.

Now, let's just pretend that there is a provision for small business of say less than 50 employees that exempts them from the penalty for not offering health insurance, as there probably should be, but the law states that everyone will carry health insurance. Many who work for a business of less than 50 employees may very well lose their employer sponsored health care (would you as an employer continue to pay for your employee's health insurance if you were not required to and the employee could get it elsewhere?) yet be required by LAW to pick up their own coverage and if they make more than 4 times the poverty level they will be deemed capable of providing health insurance without subsidy from the government (less than that level will supposedly be provided a portion of the subsidy) and be forced, regardless of personal expenses to purchase health insurance.

Maybe you can afford to spend $1200/month (for a family) for health insurance, but I can't without some major changes to my lifestyle i.e. defaulting on my mortgage. This bill is a disaster waiting to happen.

Immie

I don't like their methods, but since when is protesting government actions... wrong? Last I heard, we still had the Freedom of Speech in this country.

The guy that threw the money at the man with Parkinson's is an ass, but he was making a point and a valid point. It is not the government's responsibility to force us to be charitable.

My personal belief is that everyone should have access to health care. Quite frankly, I believe everyone in this country already has access to health care. I am not opposed to having my taxes go up in order to make sure that everyone has access. However, I am not a fan of the solutions that the politicians in Washington are trying to ram down our throats.

It's quite obvious I'm talking about their methods. I'm not against freedom of speech. And the guy who threw at the man with Parkinson's is a ass, and any valid point he was trying to make is lessened because of that.

The guy wasn't looking for a hand out. He was looking for a hand up. You have no idea about this guy's situation. Did you see him begging for change? No.
You have no idea about his situation either, other than that he has Parkinson's. The video didn't provide any insight into what happened leading up to the confrontation there.

I paused the video and read the sign. It says "Got Parkinson's? I do and you might. Thanks for helping. That's communism" (couldn't tell the last word exactly). I don't see how that sign differs from someone standing on the side of the road with a sign that says "Lost my job and my house, please help" which is indeed looking for a hand out. He may not be looking for hand out then and there, but by virtue of him sitting down in front of the Anti-Obamacare people, i have to believe he was opposing them and thus saying something to the effect of "pass Obamacare because i need the help."

You call the guy throwing money at him brash, I call it sickening.
It can't be both? I wouldn't have gone about it that way if that's what you're getting at. I would've let the guy sit there and basically ignore him.

Whatever happened to acting like human fucking beings? He never said he deserves someone else to pay for his health care.
So basically your point of this thread is to to tell everyone else here on the USMB that you're disgusted with the actions of that one guy. That's cool, thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
He may not be looking for hand out then and there, but by virtue of him sitting down in front of the Anti-Obamacare people, i have to believe he was opposing them and thus saying something to the effect of "pass Obamacare because i need the help."

So basically your point of this thread is to to tell everyone else here on the USMB that you're disgusted with the actions of that one guy. That's cool, thanks for sharing.

But his sign says nothing about Obamacare. Nor does it mention Obamacare.

Also, the point of this thread is to point out that despite our ideological differences, at the end of the day we are all human beings.

It's not just the guy who was throwing money. It was the people calling him a communist. It was the people around him who said nothing as the guy threw money.

If you think I'm making a point about just one person with this thread, you're clearly missing the point.

I especially like the guy who said "I can say what I want, whether its right or not, its america". Again, sounds like many posters here. "I believe what I want, who cares if its right or not"

Gregg you should watch the video again.

The guy who said "I can say what I want...." was wearing a button that said "HEALTH CARE NOW"' there were two confronting sides there and he was on the side "For ObamaCare" (your side), and was being challenged by an ObamaCare protestor.

Does that change anything in your evaluation of the protestor?

(Click on thumbnail to enlarge)

Nope, sounds like a lot of the hacks here that think everything in life is up to opinion

Forum List

Back