anti gunners do not like "Gunsplaining" because it requires knowing the truth, the facts and reality

Well, as I pointed out, that didn't happen. It wasn't a military grade weapon. How is this hard for you to comprehend?

Looks just like the M16 I had in the army to me.

Wrong....matching apples to apples Europe has just as many shootings as we do when you take Europe and compare it to the U.S....not when you compare the U.S. with 320 million people to Luxembourg all by itself.

So when we have 11,000 gun homicides and they have 48, it means they are really, really bad shots?

Okay, let's look at that.

US 320 Million people, 11,000 gun homicides.

UK - 60 million - 48 gun homicides
Germany 80 Million - 57 gun homicides
France 65 Million, 138 gun homicides
Italy 58 Million - 219 gun homicides
Spain - 44 million - 68 gun homicides

So those five countries have a population of 307 million.
530 gun homicides between them.

And again, we aren't talking about strict gun bans like Japan in all these countries. They just don't have the batshit crazy, "I gots a right to my gun no matter how crazy I am" law that we have.

Well, as I pointed out, that didn't happen. It wasn't a military grade weapon. How is this hard for you to comprehend?

Wrong....matching apples to apples Europe has just as many shootings as we do when you take Europe and compare it to the U.S....not when you compare the U.S. with 320 million people to Luxembourg all by itself.

So when we have 11,000 gun homicides and they have 48, it means they are really, really bad shots?

And again, we aren't talking about strict gun bans like Japan in all these countries. They just don't have the batshit crazy, "I gots a right to my gun no matter how crazy I am" law that we have.

All Those countries.....have increasing gun crime, numb nuts........their gun control isn't stopping their criminals from getting guns.....their criminals are not using all of their illegal guns to commit murder....

Our criminals in our democrat controlled cities keep getting released from jail by democrat politicians...that is why we have the gun crime we have....and the only reason Japan doesn't have more gun crime is they lock up their Yakuza when they catch them with guns, for really long prison sentences......otherwise they would be shooting each other too.....

And those countries......sent 12 million innocent people to gas chambers not that long ago......find someone with a number tattooed on their arms and ask them about how wonderful those countries were....or ask the American, with a gun, who ended those death camps.....see what they have to say about those wonderful countries...

1. It’s not a military grade weapon. It falls far short of that. That’s why no military on earth uses it.

2. The tiny hand belong to the people who are scared and get triggered by them mention of guns.

No, I get triggered when 17 or 26 kids get wheeled out of schools because a crazy person was allowed to buy a military grade weapon and slaughter a lot of people.

3. All those people dead, all those people injured and the gun didn’t kill any of them.

You cannot be more wrong about every position you hold. An you are willfully stupid. There’s nothing more to talk about.

I agree, there isn't. We are the only country in the world that allows these kinds of weapons to be owned by civilians, and we are the only country where this happens on a regular basis.

the-onion-no-way-to-prevent-this-says-only-nation-24078515.png

Wrong....Switzerland doesn't have AR-15s....they allow their people to have fully automatic military rifles......criminals all throughout Europe get fully automatic military rifles easily, as do terrorists in Europe.....

Our major problem is that morons like you keep letting violent gun criminals out of jail, and you refuse to protect our schools with armed security.........

There is a column in the Washington post this week where the anti gun weenie complains about 2nd Amendment supporters who correct anti gunners when they don't use the correct terminology for guns, or don't actually know what the hell they are talking about in the gun debate.....

The author is trying to shame gun Rights supporters into being quiet by labeling this "gunsplaining,"as if actually talking about actual guns and the truth about the issues is a problem...

If You're Trying To Ban Guns, The Least You Can Do Is Learn The Basics

Can anyone imagine a major newspaper running an op-ed justifying public ignorance on public policy? Actually, not merely justifying the ignorance, but rather arguing that facts only help smother discourse rather than enhance it. It’s improbable. Then again, this is the gun debate. And one side benefits from policy illiteracy.

The Washington Post ran an op-ed by former Gawker writer Adam Weinstein arguing that Second Amendment advocates use “jargon” to bully gun-control supporters. “While debating the merits of various gun control proposals,” he contends, “Second Amendment enthusiasts often diminish, or outright dismiss their views if they use imprecise firearms terminology.”
-------
How dare Second Amendment advocates expect that those passionately arguing to limit their constitutional rights might have some rudimentary knowledge of the devices they want to ban? To point out the constant glaring technical and policy “faux pas” of gun controllers is to engage in “gunsplaining,” a bad-faith argument akin to intimidation.

“If you don’t know what the ‘AR’ in AR-15 stands for, you don’t get to talk” explains the sarcastic subhead. If you don’t know what the “AR” in AR-15 stands you still get to talk. But if you want to ban or confiscate AR-15s and you haven’t taken the time to learn what the AR stands for, then gun owners have every right to call you out.

Weinstein bemoans the unfairness of gun controllers “being forced to sweat the finest taxonomic distinctions between our nation’s unlimited variety of lethal weapons.” This statement is illustrative of the emotionalism and hyperbole of the debate (the notion that there’s an “unlimited variety” of firearms is absurd) but also, at the same time, it’s an exaggeration of the Second Amendment advocate’s expectations.
----

Then again, much of gun-control policy isdriven by the mechanics of a firearm. So while not knowing what a “barrel shroud” is should not prevent anyone from pondering gun policy (well, unless you’re a politician who goes on TV to advocate the banning of barrel shrouds without knowing what they are) but failing to understand the distinction between a semi-automatic and automatic weapon tells us you’re either dishonest, unserious or unprepared for the debate.

Because no one knows what an assault type rifle is.

ThIs is the God damn dumbest topic ever.

We know what they are & you pretend experts should shut the fuck up & do something to help stop the slaughter of our children so you morons can get beered up & shot bottle with your AR-15.

THAT is the fucking problem.

No...you don't know what these weapons are.......you hate guns....you want guns banned...so you don't care what kind of gun it is, you will take as many as you can get when you can get them regardless of the truth, the facts or the reality....

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 16.3 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...
-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Well yeah its a semi-automatic that means every time I use my pointy finger to pull the trigger thingy it fires a round.

Again, 45 times a minute... That's a lot of damage.

And Americans use their guns to stop violent criminals, released from jail over andover again by gun grabbing democrats, 1,500,000 times a year...

If you asswipes would stop releasing violent gun criminals from jail, and if you asswipes would actually stop nut job criminals that we know are dangerous, instead of using obama policies to not arrest them, we could stop most of the gun violence in this country that the democrats are causing...

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 16.3 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...
-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

All Those countries.....have increasing gun crime, numb nuts........their gun control isn't stopping their criminals from getting guns.....their criminals are not using all of their illegal guns to commit murder....

Guy, a small percentage increase isn't anything to worry about.

I'd rather have those countries 500 homicides with guns, and almost no school shootings, than the insanity you gun nuts have wrought on this country.

Guy, a small percentage increase isn't anything to worry about.

I'd rather have those countries 500 homicides with guns, and almost no school shootings, than the insanity you gun nuts have wrought on this country.

They banned and confiscated guns....and it isn't a small increase...and it is growing each year.....as well, they are reducing their police forces, and cutting their resources because they can't afford to pay for all their social welfare programs...on top of that, their politically correct policies are tying the hands of their police...

Their gun problems are just starting, and they do not know how to deal with them...

They banned and confiscated guns....and it isn't a small increase...and it is growing each year.....as well, they are reducing their police forces, and cutting their resources because they can't afford to pay for all their social welfare programs...on top of that, their politically correct policies are tying the hands of their police...

again, any European country has a lot less crime than we do. "Ohhh, they went up by 2 murders a year" isn't impressing anyone.

Their gun problems are just starting, and they do not know how to deal with them...

Seems to me they have a better handle on this than we do.

upload_2018-3-10_6-50-4.jpeg

Looks like one? You're too stupid to have been allowed to have a gun, let alone be in the army.

again, any European country has a lot less crime than we do. "Ohhh, they went up by 2 murders a year" isn't impressing anyone.

Seems to me they have a better handle on this than we do.

View attachment 181657

Their violent crime rates are skyrocketing, and their gun crime is skyrocketing too.......they don't have a handle on anything when their crime rates are going up, and they are cutting their police numbers to pay for welfare benefits to the very 3rd world young males who are driving up their crime rates.

Their violent crime rates are skyrocketing, and their gun crime is skyrocketing too.......they don't have a handle on anything when their crime rates are going up, and they are cutting their police numbers to pay for welfare benefits to the very 3rd world young males who are driving up their crime rates.

Okay, buddy, here's the thing, you can go into hysterics, but 48 gun murders in the UK compared to 11,000 in the US.

They've got this problem solved. We don't.

Whoops. Another mass shooting at a VA hospital!

Looks like one? You're too stupid to have been allowed to have a gun, let alone be in the army.

Well, they promoted me to Staff Sergeant, so what did they know.

They also failed to press send on the paperwork that would have kept the Church shooter from getting his weapon.....falling back on the military competence is not a strong argument...

Okay, buddy, here's the thing, you can go into hysterics, but 48 gun murders in the UK compared to 11,000 in the US.

They've got this problem solved. We don't.

Whoops. Another mass shooting at a VA hospital!

And again....their criminals have guns.....they are getting more guns and they are using them.....their gun control laws can't stop their criminals from getting guns, so their gun control laws can't stop them from using those guns to murder each other.......their murder rate is cultural, not based on access to guns....

They also failed to press send on the paperwork that would have kept the Church shooter from getting his weapon.....falling back on the military competence is not a strong argument...

well, yeah, we should totally rely on someone filing the right paperwork and not actually do a background check.

And again....their criminals have guns.....they are getting more guns and they are using them.....their gun control laws can't stop their criminals from getting guns, so their gun control laws can't stop them from using those guns to murder each other.......their murder rate is cultural, not based on access to guns....

Yes, I know, you'll blame everything BUT guns for gun violence.

There is a column in the Washington post this week where the anti gun weenie complains about 2nd Amendment supporters who correct anti gunners when they don't use the correct terminology for guns, or don't actually know what the hell they are talking about in the gun debate.....

The author is trying to shame gun Rights supporters into being quiet by labeling this "gunsplaining,"as if actually talking about actual guns and the truth about the issues is a problem...

If You're Trying To Ban Guns, The Least You Can Do Is Learn The Basics

Can anyone imagine a major newspaper running an op-ed justifying public ignorance on public policy? Actually, not merely justifying the ignorance, but rather arguing that facts only help smother discourse rather than enhance it. It’s improbable. Then again, this is the gun debate. And one side benefits from policy illiteracy.

The Washington Post ran an op-ed by former Gawker writer Adam Weinstein arguing that Second Amendment advocates use “jargon” to bully gun-control supporters. “While debating the merits of various gun control proposals,” he contends, “Second Amendment enthusiasts often diminish, or outright dismiss their views if they use imprecise firearms terminology.”
-------
How dare Second Amendment advocates expect that those passionately arguing to limit their constitutional rights might have some rudimentary knowledge of the devices they want to ban? To point out the constant glaring technical and policy “faux pas” of gun controllers is to engage in “gunsplaining,” a bad-faith argument akin to intimidation.

“If you don’t know what the ‘AR’ in AR-15 stands for, you don’t get to talk” explains the sarcastic subhead. If you don’t know what the “AR” in AR-15 stands you still get to talk. But if you want to ban or confiscate AR-15s and you haven’t taken the time to learn what the AR stands for, then gun owners have every right to call you out.

Weinstein bemoans the unfairness of gun controllers “being forced to sweat the finest taxonomic distinctions between our nation’s unlimited variety of lethal weapons.” This statement is illustrative of the emotionalism and hyperbole of the debate (the notion that there’s an “unlimited variety” of firearms is absurd) but also, at the same time, it’s an exaggeration of the Second Amendment advocate’s expectations.
----

Then again, much of gun-control policy isdriven by the mechanics of a firearm. So while not knowing what a “barrel shroud” is should not prevent anyone from pondering gun policy (well, unless you’re a politician who goes on TV to advocate the banning of barrel shrouds without knowing what they are) but failing to understand the distinction between a semi-automatic and automatic weapon tells us you’re either dishonest, unserious or unprepared for the debate.

Anybody that is this obsessed with an inanimate object needs psychological evaluation. I hope the authorities actually do watch sites like this one. You are the text book example of someone who is likely to shoot up a school.

Any parent near you should make sure the local police know who you are.
We will read about kooks like that in the national news

and you guys created the democrat gun free zones that draw these shooters....and we know gun free zones draw these guys because they keep telling us they do....

A sign...what a joke...
download (6).jpeg
Works as well as the other most widely ignored sign at schools...
images (20).jpeg
More than likely a child will be hit by a speeder, than ever get shot at school.
More than likely to be injured by their own stressed out soccer mom not paying attention to the road.

More than likely a child will be hit by a speeder, than ever get shot at school.
More than likely to be injured by their own stressed out soccer mom not paying attention to the road.

Okay. But you see, we have thousands of cops enforcing the speeding laws and red light cameras and all sorts of other things to keep people form driving recklessly..

ANd gun enforcement? It's a joke.

Okay. But you see, we have thousands of cops enforcing the speeding laws and red light cameras and all sorts of other things to keep people form driving recklessly..

ANd gun enforcement? It's a joke.
There is no enforcement of traffic during rush hour in my area. The police are overwhelmed by accidents alone.
School speed zones are widely ignored and rarely enforced. Some drivers exceeding 20 or more over limit.
Point being that a stupid sign or feel good law has done nothing to stop a careless driver or stopped drugs or ANY type of weapon being brought to a school.

A focus on gun enforcement?
How about law enforcement.
Oh, that's right, your side openly advocates law breaking, especially regarding immigration.

Forum List

Back