anti gunners do not like "Gunsplaining" because it requires knowing the truth, the facts and reality

I was in the Army and I fired a number of weapons from small arms all the way to heavy machine guns. There are no firearms at my local gun shop for sale that can be considered a "military grade weapon". My personal AR-15 is not a "military grade weapon"..

The Ar-15 fires the same rounds and has the same range as the M16. Yes, it is military grade.
The .223 semi-auto rifle I've hunted with fires a civilian version of the 5.56 cartridge, it's not a military weapon. Most of the hunting rifles I've fired use a more powerful cartridge than any small arms military weapon .

There is a column in the Washington post this week where the anti gun weenie complains about 2nd Amendment supporters who correct anti gunners when they don't use the correct terminology for guns, or don't actually know what the hell they are talking about in the gun debate.....

No, when you have 17 dead kids shot by a military grade weapon attained by a mentally ill man, there really isn't much more to talk about.

"It wasn't a MACHINE GUN, it was an ASSAULT RIFLE", whines the guy with the tiny er... hands... when someone threatens to take away his gun.

33,000 dead, 70,000 injured, 270 Billion in economic losses... every year.

Not much more to discuss.
I was in the Army and I fired a number of weapons from small arms all the way to heavy machine guns. There are no firearms at my local gun shop for sale that can be considered a "military grade weapon". My personal AR-15 is not a "military grade weapon"..

Well yeah.....but it looks like one!!
Scary plastic and composite materials.

28378061_1833698203331246_3188021862393114085_n.jpg

Deflection noted, loser. Just a piece of friendly advice, don't stay stupid your whole life.
I love it. A defence of gunsplaining from a gunsplainer.

You deflected from the point because it's true and you have no answer to it. And BTW, You aren't stupid enough to believe that using the label "gunsplaining" over and over means anything to us are you?

1. It’s not a military grade weapon. It falls far short of that. That’s why no military on earth uses it.

2. The tiny hand belong to the people who are scared and get triggered by them mention of guns.

No, I get triggered when 17 or 26 kids get wheeled out of schools because a crazy person was allowed to buy a military grade weapon and slaughter a lot of people.

3. All those people dead, all those people injured and the gun didn’t kill any of them.

You cannot be more wrong about every position you hold. An you are willfully stupid. There’s nothing more to talk about.

I agree, there isn't. We are the only country in the world that allows these kinds of weapons to be owned by civilians, and we are the only country where this happens on a regular basis.

the-onion-no-way-to-prevent-this-says-only-nation-24078515.png

No......Britain has increasing gun crime after they banned and confiscated guns. Australia has increasing gun crime after they banned and confiscated guns.

Gun Homicides in Britain- 48
Gun homicides in Australia - 42
Gun homicide in the US - 11,000

Yup, we certainly have figured this one out.

You are the guys who don't want to put armed guards in schools or to arm the staff......and you guys created the democrat gun free zones that draw these shooters....and we know gun free zones draw these guys because they keep telling us they do....

Yeah, because we realize that given the fact that trained cops can't seem to avoid shooting black children who scare them, some rent a cop or part time teacher is going to blow some kid away even faster.

1. It’s not a military grade weapon. It falls far short of that. That’s why no military on earth uses it.

2. The tiny hand belong to the people who are scared and get triggered by them mention of guns.

No, I get triggered when 17 or 26 kids get wheeled out of schools because a crazy person was allowed to buy a military grade weapon and slaughter a lot of people.

Well, as I pointed out, that didn't happen. It wasn't a military grade weapon. How is this hard for you to comprehend?

We are the only country in the world that allows these kinds of weapons to be owned by civilians, and we are the only country where this happens on a regular basis.

You aren't really very good at cause and effect are you?

The real reason it happens here and not other countries is that we are more violent, we value life less and we are the only country that raises killer kids.

The Onion? Really? The Onion is a parody site.

No......Britain has increasing gun crime after they banned and confiscated guns. Australia has increasing gun crime after they banned and confiscated guns.

Gun Homicides in Britain- 48
Gun homicides in Australia - 42
Gun homicide in the US - 11,000

Yup, we certainly have figured this one out.

You are the guys who don't want to put armed guards in schools or to arm the staff......and you guys created the democrat gun free zones that draw these shooters....and we know gun free zones draw these guys because they keep telling us they do....

Yeah, because we realize that given the fact that trained cops can't seem to avoid shooting black children who scare them, some rent a cop or part time teacher is going to blow some kid away even faster.

You would have to show that banning and confiscating guns was the reason they have a low murder rate. Since gun murder in Britain went up after they banned guns, for 10 years, then simply returned to the exact same level....it shows banning guns did not make their criminals murder each other less....

Then you have the fact that more criminals in Britain now own and use guns to commit their crimes.....that they are not crossing the line and murdering people doesn't show that their gun control laws are the reason they aren't murdering each other or their victims.....

Gun crime in Britain just in 2017 went up 23%....and in London, their capital, it went up 49%...showing that their gun control laws are not working....

In the U.S......as more Americans owned and carry guns...our gun crime rate went down 75% and our gun murder rate went down 49%.....

The two different countries show us that law abiding people owning and carrying guns, does not increase the murder or crime rate....and they show that taking guns away from law abiding people doesn't decrease the crime rate....

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 16.3 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...
-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Nothing you posted, joe, is even remotely true or factual...

I would like the link to the British murder rate too....

3. All those people dead, all those people injured and the gun didn’t kill any of them.

You cannot be more wrong about every position you hold. An you are willfully stupid. There’s nothing more to talk about.

I agree, there isn't. We are the only country in the world that allows these kinds of weapons to be owned by civilians, and we are the only country where this happens on a regular basis.

the-onion-no-way-to-prevent-this-says-only-nation-24078515.png

Wrong....matching apples to apples Europe has just as many shootings as we do when you take Europe and compare it to the U.S....not when you compare the U.S. with 320 million people to Luxembourg all by itself.

The .223 semi-auto rifle I've hunted with fires a civilian version of the 5.56 cartridge, it's not a military weapon. Most of the hunting rifles I've fired use a more powerful cartridge than any small arms military weapon .

Can it fire 45 rounds a minute?
Any semiautomatic can fire more than 45 rounds a minute and you say you have experience with firearms

There is a column in the Washington post this week where the anti gun weenie complains about 2nd Amendment supporters who correct anti gunners when they don't use the correct terminology for guns, or don't actually know what the hell they are talking about in the gun debate.....

The author is trying to shame gun Rights supporters into being quiet by labeling this "gunsplaining,"as if actually talking about actual guns and the truth about the issues is a problem...

If You're Trying To Ban Guns, The Least You Can Do Is Learn The Basics

Can anyone imagine a major newspaper running an op-ed justifying public ignorance on public policy? Actually, not merely justifying the ignorance, but rather arguing that facts only help smother discourse rather than enhance it. It’s improbable. Then again, this is the gun debate. And one side benefits from policy illiteracy.

The Washington Post ran an op-ed by former Gawker writer Adam Weinstein arguing that Second Amendment advocates use “jargon” to bully gun-control supporters. “While debating the merits of various gun control proposals,” he contends, “Second Amendment enthusiasts often diminish, or outright dismiss their views if they use imprecise firearms terminology.”
-------
How dare Second Amendment advocates expect that those passionately arguing to limit their constitutional rights might have some rudimentary knowledge of the devices they want to ban? To point out the constant glaring technical and policy “faux pas” of gun controllers is to engage in “gunsplaining,” a bad-faith argument akin to intimidation.

“If you don’t know what the ‘AR’ in AR-15 stands for, you don’t get to talk” explains the sarcastic subhead. If you don’t know what the “AR” in AR-15 stands you still get to talk. But if you want to ban or confiscate AR-15s and you haven’t taken the time to learn what the AR stands for, then gun owners have every right to call you out.

Weinstein bemoans the unfairness of gun controllers “being forced to sweat the finest taxonomic distinctions between our nation’s unlimited variety of lethal weapons.” This statement is illustrative of the emotionalism and hyperbole of the debate (the notion that there’s an “unlimited variety” of firearms is absurd) but also, at the same time, it’s an exaggeration of the Second Amendment advocate’s expectations.
----

Then again, much of gun-control policy isdriven by the mechanics of a firearm. So while not knowing what a “barrel shroud” is should not prevent anyone from pondering gun policy (well, unless you’re a politician who goes on TV to advocate the banning of barrel shrouds without knowing what they are) but failing to understand the distinction between a semi-automatic and automatic weapon tells us you’re either dishonest, unserious or unprepared for the debate.

Because no one knows what an assault type rifle is.

ThIs is the God damn dumbest topic ever.

We know what they are & you pretend experts should shut the fuck up & do something to help stop the slaughter of our children so you morons can get beered up & shot bottle with your AR-15.

THAT is the fucking problem.

Well yeah its a semi-automatic that means every time I use my pointy finger to pull the trigger thingy it fires a round.

Well yeah its a semi-automatic that means every time I use my pointy finger to pull the trigger thingy it fires a round.

--LOL

the basics in gunsplaining to ignorant leftards --LOL

Forum List

Back