Anti Government = Mental Illness: Study

The shoe was on the other foot when Bush was POTUS.

Everything he did was questioned and everything he didn't do was blamed on him.

If a group of guards in Abu Grab started abusing prisoners it was considered to be on direct orders from Bush. Katrina was caused by Bush because he hates Blacks.

The leftwing turds continue to blame 9/11 on Bush. That's about as low as you can get.

The anti-authoritarian neurotic doesn't limit his anti-authority behavior to just hating government, so I am dubious that this POV is much more than a political slam

But I will note that it is as much the sign of troubled mind to support authority blindly as it is to hate authority blindly.

Partisans of neither party are really anti-authoriarian.

Somebody who is truly anti-authoritarian really cannot support political parties, either.

We have some authentic anti-authoritaians here, I suspect.

They are posting from both leftist and rightest and radically centrist POVs.

I agree with you up until the last statement. I am anti-authoritarian but I am definately not centrist. I am a Libertarian. Centrists trust government quite a lot, they support things like Obamacare, the Patriot Act, entitlement programs. They don't trust a politician simply because of it's party affiliation, that much is true, but trusting government, that is something they do too much of.

Yeah, well I am not using these words from the standard partisan POV that is most commonly used.

One CAN be a radical centrist if one eschews the POV of those leaning right or left.

I actually think a lot of the right wnger and left wingers here are actually, if not on the same page, certainly in the same chapter.

But their understanding and use of the LANGUAGE we share is really getting in their way.

For example, when some people here speak of "LIBERALS" they are talking power grabbing authoritarians.

A lefty might call that same kind of person a "FASCIST.

Note that they both hate the same KIND of behavior?

But each was taught a different LABEL to DESCRIBE such behavior.

My theory is that one ought to hate the BEHAVIOR, not the label.

Fair enough.

The anti-authoritarian neurotic doesn't limit his anti-authority behavior to just hating government, so I am dubious that this POV is much more than a political slam

But I will note that it is as much the sign of troubled mind to support authority blindly as it is to hate authority blindly.

Partisans of neither party are really anti-authoriarian.

Somebody who is truly anti-authoritarian really cannot support political parties, either.

We have some authentic anti-authoritaians here, I suspect.

They are posting from both leftist and rightest and radically centrist POVs.

I agree with you up until the last statement. I am anti-authoritarian but I am definately not centrist. I am a Libertarian. Centrists trust government quite a lot, they support things like Obamacare, the Patriot Act, entitlement programs. They don't trust a politician simply because of it's party affiliation, that much is true, but trusting government, that is something they do too much of.

Yeah, well I am not using these words from the standard partisan POV that is most commonly used.

One CAN be a radical centrist if one eschews the POV of those leaning right or left.

I actually think a lot of the right wnger and left wingers here are actually, if not on the same page, certainly in the same chapter.

But their understanding and use of the LANGUAGE we share is really getting in their way.

For example, when some people here speak of "LIBERALS" they are talking power grabbing authoritarians.

A lefty might call that same kind of person a "FASCIST.

Note that they both hate the same KIND of behavior?

But each was taught a different LABEL to DESCRIBE such behavior.

My theory is that one ought to hate the BEHAVIOR, not the label.

Hey, a real thinker. Have you seen these posted around? They are a list of what is called "cognitive distortions" and someone figured out that is what the "cognitive infiltrations" are using.

COGNITIVE DISTORTIONS

1. All or nothing thinking: Things are placed in black or white categories. If things are less than perfect self is viewed as failure.
2. Over generalization: Single event is viewed as continuous failure.
3. Mental filter: Details in life (positive or negative) are amplified in importance while opposite is rejected.
4. Minimizing: Perceiving one or opposite experiences (positive or negative) as absolute and maintaining singularity of belief to one or the other.
5. Mind reading: One absolutely concludes that others are reacting positively or negatively without investigating reality.
6. Fortune Telling: Based on previous 5 distortions, anticipation of negative or positive outcome of situations is established
7. Catastrophizing: Exaggerated importance of self's failures and others successes.
8. Emotional reasoning: One feels as though emotional state IS reality of situation.
9. "Should" statements: Self imposed rules about behavior creating guilt at self inability to adhere and anger at others in their inability to conform to self's rules.
10. Labeling: Instead of understanding errors over generalization is applied.
11. Personalization: Thinking that the actions or statements of others are a reaction to you.
12. Entitlement: Believing that you deserve things you have not earned.

Just try thinking with some of those, especially when there are 3 or 4 people agreeing upon them. Oh man! Well .. .. .. I guess you have and that's why you posted as you did.:redface:

If you believe everything the government tells you, you are sick. This includes members in government from the party you support, like congressmen and women and senators. They are a bunch of fucking liars, and this study has it reversed. Those who blindly follow are brainwashed.

If you believe everything the government tells you, you are sick. This includes members in government from the party you support, like congressmen and women and senators. They are a bunch of fucking liars, and this study has it reversed. Those who blindly follow are brainwashed.

You're the one that's brainwashed, if you think it's an either/or question. Want to change government? Support public financing of elections. Of course they have to lie, if they told you the truth they wouldn't get the funds they need to get elected.

COGNITIVE DISTORTIONS

1. All or nothing thinking: Things are placed in black or white categories. If things are less than perfect self is viewed as failure.
2. Over generalization: Single event is viewed as continuous failure.
3. Mental filter: Details in life (positive or negative) are amplified in importance while opposite is rejected.
4. Minimizing: Perceiving one or opposite experiences (positive or negative) as absolute and maintaining singularity of belief to one or the other.
5. Mind reading: One absolutely concludes that others are reacting positively or negatively without investigating reality.
6. Fortune Telling: Based on previous 5 distortions, anticipation of negative or positive outcome of situations is established
7. Catastrophizing: Exaggerated importance of self's failures and others successes.
8. Emotional reasoning: One feels as though emotional state IS reality of situation.
9. "Should" statements: Self imposed rules about behavior creating guilt at self inability to adhere and anger at others in their inability to conform to self's rules.
10. Labeling: Instead of understanding errors over generalization is applied.
11. Personalization: Thinking that the actions or statements of others are a reaction to you.
12. Entitlement: Believing that you deserve things you have not earned.

Just try thinking with some of those, especially when there are 3 or 4 people agreeing upon them. Oh man! Well .. .. .. I guess you have and that's why you posted as you did.:redface:

Of course we are ALL inclined to suffer from some or all of these logical mistakes at aome time or the other.

What I find troubling is that with many people, this is their constant modus operandi.

Let's face it. People are pretty easy to fool.

Give them a LIE that somehow makes them feel better about themselves, and most people will CLING TO THAT LIE and cherish it as a basica truth no matter how much empiracle evidence refutes the lie.

That is one of the reasons that PROPAGNDISTS LIKE TO CREATE scapegoat CLASSES.

The SCAPEGOAT CLASS give the propaganda targets somebody they can feel inherently superior to.

Everybody needs some scapegoat to climb on top of, so that they feel better about themselves.

Here on this board we find number examples of that kind of irrational thinking going on.

On ever board like this, actually.

The TEAPARTY's SCAPEGOAT CLASS was the government.

The OWS' SCAPEOAT CLASS was WALL STREET AND THE mythical 1%.

Note how in both cases the activists had to STOP THINKING CLEARLY in order to feel better about theselves?

Last edited:

If a group of guards in Abu Grab started abusing prisoners it was considered to be on direct orders from Bush. Katrina was caused by Bush because he hates Blacks.

The leftwing turds continue to blame 9/11 on Bush. That's about as low as you can get.
Iran will be obama's Iraq. Something will happen that will cause an uproar in America for war in Iran, and obama must listen to the will of the people.

OH horse shit the video is only talking about people who are against left wing liberal government. You are being a patriot opposing RIGHT OF CENTER REPUBLICAN PRESIDENT.

LimbaughPig.jpg

Iran will be obama's Iraq. Something will happen that will cause an uproar in America for war in Iran, and obama must listen to the will of the people.

I don't see the people calling for war. They didn't call for war in Iraq. They were either scared or cajoled into consent.

Forum List

Back