Anti Corporatist/Authoritarian Coalition?

There's quite a bit of libertarians on this board, and I swear you're the only one that smacks of republican party lap dog.

Nah, it's just that I'm the only Libertarian on this board who isn't a pothead vainly hoping that a Libertarian POTUS will legalize marijuanna.

Everytime the topic of libertarian comes up, there you are firing away insults about "the rest" of them in some way. I find it odd that tou claim a movement that you otherwise seem to apparently think is really just a bunch of junkie opportunists :rolleyes:

Enjoy your Romney vote you fraud :thup:

So you guys are the whole movement now? I've been a Libertarian for 30 years, even before I knew it has a name and a party. Now suddenly you guys are the movement and I'm not.

And for the record, you were the one who attacked first with insults, not me.

Again, I don't think compromise is what we want. What we want is real progress on things we can agree on, and that's what's missing.

The problem is that there isn't anything that the two sides can agree on. When it seems on the surface that there is, one only has to look deeper to see that even then, the ideas for correcting the problem are completely different.

I don't accept that. That's what the authoritarians dominating both parties want us to believe. Don't fall for it.

If you think you can find something then OK, but what?

I apologize, I might have misunderstood the OP.

What you are trying to say is that among us libertarians (small "L") on the right and left, we should get together on common ground?

Well, the way I understand things, is that there is very little difference between the libertarian left and the libertarian right. The classical Liberals are so rare that I've really only met two or three on this board and only one in real life. OTOH, I have been labeled a Classical Liberal myself so it seems to me that we are already on common ground.

Yet, even we don't seem to agree amongst ourselves on a lot.

Interesting....I'm game.

Try posting some solutions.

I have several.

Put Wall Street fraudsters like Fabrice Tourre, John Paulson, Angelo Mozilo, Daniel Sparks, Roland Arnall, and James Cayne in federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison for life. Yes, Arnall died in 2008, but he should have died in prison.

Repeal the CFMA and FSMA. Anything which exempts Wall Street from state laws regulating gaming and bucket shops is clearly seriously flawed.

Regulate CDS the same as insurance, and ban naked CDS.

Raise the retirement age. We are living longer, we should be working longer and contributing longer, not draining the Treasury longer.

I can go into much more detail about all of these if necessary.

The problem is that there isn't anything that the two sides can agree on. When it seems on the surface that there is, one only has to look deeper to see that even then, the ideas for correcting the problem are completely different.

I don't accept that. That's what the authoritarians dominating both parties want us to believe. Don't fall for it.

Well, this is what I was alluding to with the title of the thread. Corporatist government is antithetical to egalitarian, democratic government AND limited government ideals. I think it's something that people who care about liberty, both right and left, can agree to fight.

Well, this is what I was alluding to with the title of the thread. Corporatist government is antithetical to egalitarian, democratic government AND limited government ideals. I think it's something that people who care about liberty, both right and left, can agree to fight.

The left/right paradigm is too entrenched at this point, I fear. It's going to take a complete collapse and 50 years to get us back on the path our Founders laid out for us.

Forum List

Back