Anti-Christian Sentiment

• Banned
:lol: I admit I am completely powerless over my anti-Christian sentiment and my life is completely unmanageable. (Well, maybe not completely unmanageable. I haven't defaced any Christian property.) It all started back in high school when I attended a Billy Graham concert with my two best friends, a Jew and a Native American Satanic Witch.

Last edited:
Religion in all it forms is a disease. Communism, Catholicism, Constitutionalism, Nationalism, Fascism- they all serve, when they become as religions, to shut down the minds of men.

Here, indeed, is the explanation of a phenomenon which has puzzled many observers. How could the intellectuals accept [this dogma]? ... The [dogmatic] novice, subjecting his soul to the canon law of [their leaders], felt something of the release which [all religion] also brings... Once the renunciation has been made, the mind, instead of operating freely, becomes the servant of a higher and unquestioned purpose. To deny the truth is an act of service. This, of course, is why it is useless to discuss any particular aspect of politics with a[n adherent of dogma]. Any genuine intellectual contact which you have with him involves a challenge to his fundamental faith, a struggle for his soul. For it is very much easier to lay the oblation of spiritual pride on the alter of [political vision] than to snatch it back again

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/God-That-Failed-Arthur-Koestler/dp/0231123957[/ame]

Last edited:
  • Banned
All these people were 'surrendering themselves to Jesus'. They looked like robots.

My friends and I went down to the stage to talk to them.

All these people were 'surrendering themselves to Jesus'. They looked like robots.

My friends and I went down to the stage to talk to them.

How is it any different than those who surrender their minds to any other dogma? Communism, Catholicism, Nationalism, Racism, Fascism, NeoFeminism- it's all the same, really.

• Banned
It was very hot, and there were alot of people on the stage. Some guys came up to us to 'testify'. They asked if we'd been baptized. I was the only one who said yes.

They told us that my Jewish friend was going to hell because she wouldn't accept Jesus as her personal savior.

I said, no matter how good a person she is, my friend the Jew, she's going to hell? Oh yes. She's damned, they said. This didn't seem right to me. Born again Christianity wasn't for me.

I went to live with my Native American friend.

Last edited:
So you dismissed it not based on the evidence, but on what you wanted to be true?

And you expect me to respect that? How are you any different that the creationists who dismiss any science that doesn't agree with what they want to believe?

Fast forward. The Terry Schiavo debacle. That left a bad taste in my mouth too.

It appears I am talking to myself.

I'm a recovering Christophobic. Some Christians scare me. I don't like them, and in some cases, I hate them.

You may be right, that most of it is simple bigotry. In my case, I consider it more of a case of complicated grief and post trauma residue.

Forum List

Back