Anti-Bush vs Anti-American

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scubamike

Is it just Republicans or are all Americans unable to spot the difference :p

Part of the political war is to make your opponent seem to be bad for America. I don't see the left as anti-American but I do see them doing their best to tell the world that we are not a united front on the war on terror. While it is certainly thier right to do so, it makes America appear weaker. If Kerry wins the election, I see the republicans continuing to support the WOT even if Kerry cuts and runs.

Presonally, I believe putting a critical eye on goverment officials is the most patriotic thing you can do for your country, certainly not anti-american. Too bad the liars in right wing media disagree.

And the left wing media differs? Good evening Xenimus, nice to see you.

there is a difference but quite often they overlap.

If you are opposing Bush on Health care, then who cares. we all have our opinions. Most of the domestic agendas as well. we can differ.

But if you are opposing the President on national security and defending our way of life you are very close to the edge.

Being anti-Bush is patriotic if that's what your opolitical views dictate.

Calling for Bush's death like Morrisey did(in a sense), and similar statements I heard, is both anti-American and terroristic.

I do believe you can be QUITE anti-Bush without crossing the line, just as you can rip Kerry apart is that is your impulse.

We're all capable of sorting through bullshit when we invoke our Constitutional right to vote however we want for whatever our reasoning.

I.M.O.
No?

Originally posted by Xenimus
Presonally, I believe putting a critical eye on goverment officials is the most patriotic thing you can do for your country, certainly not anti-american. Too bad the liars in right wing media disagree.

And would a critical eye include comparing him to Hitler, Stalin and posting wanted dead or alive posters of him for crimes against humanity? This is what the not so radical left is resorting to in this election.

The most patriotic thing you can do for your country is to make the ultimate sacrifice: your life.

How come Democrats have forgotten the old adage: politics stop at the water's edge?

I believe that Ted Kennedy, John Kerry, Tom Daschle, Barbara Lee, Nancy Pelosi etc. etc. are anti-American because they will use whatever means neccessary including doing what is clearly wrong for the country to garner power for theirselves. Not saying Repubs don't do it sometimes but usually they stick to the water's edge rule.

Originally posted by Avatar4321

But if you are opposing the President on national security and defending our way of life you are very close to the edge.

Where do you draw the line? And why?

Kath, I don't know of any left wing biased media. The executives of the media giants are leaning towards republican, they get the massive tax cuts, the deregulation of media pushed by cons, the corporate welfare pushed by cons. Started with Reagan, for some reason he thought, if there were 6 media giants instead of 80, we would get more opinions, I disagree on that. Simply , they get more money from cons. So they naturally lean that way. Anyway, why you happy to see a troll?

Avatar, It all depends if you think Bush is protecting our way of life. If I think a person is straying from our traditional values to the extreme. If that makes me anti-american, so be it. I guess I just care about my country too much to be swept up in all the flag waving.

Our founding fathers, In my opinion, wouldnt consider this group of cons as american, they would be concidered anti-american alien scam artists, who should be exiled or put to death. Sorry, the things we do today, were considered illegal 60 years ago, only difference is, the laws have been changed to allow things like war profiteering and corporatations dictating our policies.

So, am I supposed to believe that not supporting Clinton's policies is close to anti-american also?

No left wing biased media!? WHAT THE FUCK!?

N.Y. Times
Washington Post
CNN
ABC
CBS
NBC
MSNBC
NPR
PBS(Jim Lehrer)

You must be drunk!

You answered our questions. You most definately seem to be here to cause differences. That, in case you didn't understand the definitions this am, is trolling. Please do not TELL us, but you are welcome to give an opinion.

OCA, stop trolling around, just make your point.

Kath, so you'all can tell me how it is, but when I say something I must proclaim 'its my opinion'. Thats good to know.

Let me make it clear, Im NOT trying cause problems, please stop accusing me of it. Looks like you guys don't want to answer my questions, just call me drunk and trollish, thats nice dialogue ya got there.

OCA, stop trolling around, just make your point.

Kath, so you'all can tell me how it is, but when I say something I must proclaim 'its my opinion'. Thats good to know.

Let me make it clear, Im NOT trying cause problems, please stop accusing me of it. Looks like you guys don't want to answer my questions, just call me drunk and trollish, thats nice dialogue ya got there.

Make my point? I think my point is quite clear, you have problems with reality if you think the media is right wing in this country. Just peruse those news services I mentioned and tell me what you see and hear.

Now answer my questions. Critical eye, BUSH=Stalin and Hitler and wanted posters. Is that constructive and is that reality? Or is it just blind hatred for anything Republican(the Democratic platform in a nutshell)?

Don't call me Kath, thank you:

I never would accuse you or anyone of being drunk, I don't think....

Anyhow, just partake in discourse and all will be well. Don't bait and go on and on, without discussion.

Remember this morning, tried to discuss. You would have none, that is trolling. See?:cof:

Originally posted by nycflasher
Where do you draw the line? And why?

The line isnt very easy to define. like i said if you are opposing Bush on defending our nation you are very close to the edge.

I can see opposing him on methods, but not being rabid about it. I think its alot to do with the attitude. I could oppose Bush on something because i dont think its best for America. But i honestly dont see how you can be opposed to us standing up for ourselves. for our causes. For spreading freedom and liberty here and abroad and making us more secure and be pro American.

I also think that perhaps if the opposition had any sort of plan on what would make America safer rather then just opposing Bush it would make them seem more sincere the idea that they care about America.

And last, if they want to be seen as pro american. Then stop funding and obtaining funding from communist groups that still want to see our freedom overthrown.

Originally posted by OCA
Make my point? I think my point is quite clear, you have problems with reality if you think the media is right wing in this country. Just peruse those news services I mentioned and tell me what you see and hear.

Now answer my questions. Critical eye, BUSH=Stalin and Hitler and wanted posters. Is that constructive and is that reality? Or is it just blind hatred for anything Republican(the Democratic platform in a nutshell)?

Ya I went to your websites, and all I see is REAGAN REAGAN REAGAN. Reagan sucked at understanding policies, and he let ollie north go free after being convicted, he had good intentions though..:) Just wait untill Clinton dies, I assure you we won't have a month long media focus on him. Hitler eh? Republicans comparing Hitler to saddam is a discrase to our fallen.

Kathianne, whatever, your constant accusations are very revealing, Ill remember this.

Kathianne, whatever, your constant accusations are very revealing, Ill remember this.

Please do. You are welcome to disagree with anyone. I didn't put lots of Reagan sites up for you, though I can if you like.

Just ask that you discuss, not just troll.

That's it.

Thank you.

Ya I went to your websites, and all I see is REAGAN REAGAN REAGAN. Reagan sucked at understanding policies, and he let ollie north go free after being convicted, he had good intentions though..:) Just wait untill Clinton dies, I assure you we won't have a month long media focus on him. Hitler eh? Republicans comparing Hitler to saddam is a discrase to our fallen.

Amazing how you cant see the similarities between two ruthless dictators who wanted to conquer and rule their neighbors and commit genocide against jews.

And you are right. Clintons death wont be a month long media focus on him. although im sure he will try to make sure it is in his plans. Clinton doesnt deserve a month long media focus on him. He disgraced his office and left us with many of the problems we are now dealing with.

Reagan didnt suck at anything. Its amazing how you guys want to rewrite history. Reagans policies brought us out of Carters depression and ended the cold war. Those two things alone are enough to remember him for a long time but he did more than that. He inspired us. made us remember the values our progenitors fought and sometimes died to preserve. We are watching the funeral of one of the greatest men of the 20th century. A true testament that one man can make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back