Anti-BDS Bill - Bravo

P F Tinmore, et al

No! You need to read it again.

No matter!

The Government of Palestine was the Mandatory (British). At the time of the Armistice, two requirements prevailed:
(i) the territory subject to claim must not be under the sovereignty of nay state (terra nullius --- "nobody's land")
(ii) the state must have effectively occupied the territory.​
Didn't it also say that the occupation must be peaceful?
(COMMENT)

The Armistice shows that the West Bank and the Gaza Strip were occupied by the Arab League. The Arab Palestinians actually to not mount a belligerent opposition then. So it was peaceful. There were no areas under the sovereign control of the Israelis that were in conflict.

Most Respectfully,
R
Are you saying that Israel's occupation of Palestine was peaceful?
(COMMENT)

In the 1949 Armistice, Israel was NOT one of the occupying powers.

• Jordan occupied the West Bank.
• Egypt occupied the Gaza Strip.
The Armistice shows that the West Bank and the Gaza Strip were occupied by the Arab League. The Arab Palestinians actually to not mount a belligerent opposition then. So it was peaceful.

There was no area within Israeli sovereignty that was under an insurgency or civil war conditions. It was al on the Arab League side of the Armistice Line derived from the FEBA.

Most Respectfully,
R
That is not true.

The Palestinians in Israeli controlled territory were remove from their homes and were herded into military controlled areas under armed guards. The Jews, of course, had the freedom to move freely in the territory.

Israel whined constantly about "insurgents" (Palestinians attempting to go back to their homes and armed groups attacking the occupation.) from 1948 to 1967. These attacks vary in intensity but continue to today.

And under many international laws Israel is allowed to evict such people from their lands. They are not wanted and are avowed enemies of the Israeli nation.

AN ANTI-ISRAEL HILLEL GROWS IN NORTH CAROLINA
The organizational fish rots from the head.
May 17, 2017

Daniel Greenfield
bds.jpg

Hillel had co-sponsored an appearance by Yavilah McCoy with the Black Student Movement. At UNC, as at so many other colleges, the list of Black Nationalist demands had included BDS against the Jewish State. McCoy, a diversity consultant, had been unsympathetic when the racist hate group Black Lives Matter had added an attack on the Jewish State to their platform.

Yavilah McCoy is associated with the radical left-wing group Bend the Arc. Bend the Arc’s CEO Stosh Cotler, a former sex club dancer turned anti-Israel activist, had called for prosecuting Israeli soldiers for war crimes. Despite that Hillel International provided Cotler with a platform. When Black Lives Matter took its hateful position, Cotler’s statement appeared to curiously echo McCoy’s language.

Hillel, like so much of the Jewish organizational infrastructure, has its head devoutly inclined not toward Jerusalem, but to the mecca of the left. Its tainted agenda taints the students it comes into contact with. That is true in North Carolina. But it’s also tragically true across the United States of America.

An Anti-Israel Hillel Grows in North Carolina

OK, but BDS will still be able to boycott those companies.

I've been boycotting the bacon industry for most of my life ... I don't believe the bacon industry has noticed. But, I would never ask for public monies to help me expand my purely personal boycott.

Forum List

Back