Anti-Americanism, Anti-Semitism in Britian

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
Britain Is Turning on the US, at Its Own Peril
Melanie Phillips, USA Today
24 October 2006

Everyone knows that Europe is a continent stuffed with craven, terror-appeasing fromages who loathe America. Britain, by contrast, led by the lion-hearted Tony Blair, is full of stalwarts who stand shoulder to shoulder with the United States in the defense of the West. Right?

Wrong. Fury at Prime Minister Blair for being President Bush’s “poodle” has reached such a pitch that the most successful Labor prime minister in memory is being forced out of office because of his support for U.S. policy in Iraq and Israel. Labor’s members of Parliament say his refusal to break with America by calling for an earlier cease-fire in Lebanon was the last straw. The disturbing fact is that Britain is consumed by a rampant anti-Americanism and an allied hostility toward Israel, which are driving public debate into irrationality, prejudice and appeasement.

for full article:
http://www.melaniephillips.com/articles-new/?m=200610

The Limey's have been against us forever. They have bought up land and business in our country for years and this shouldn't be a surprise. I lived with the brits for a little over 2 years and I never met a lot that was as arrogant as they were about us Yanks! They pretty much suck, my Irish brethen were heaps better and even though they have been protrayed the under dog from their own lack of character. But they didn't bash us completely on our every move.

Forum List

Back