Anti Abortion March Turns Ugly

Noomi

Ninja Kicker
Jul 6, 2012
Australia
This is one of those times when I will defend those on the pro life side, and condemn those on the pro choice, because despite myself being extremely pro choice, we must show respect to those who have the opposite opinion:

AN anti-abortion rally turned violent in the city as protesters clashed with pro-choice lobbyists.

An estimated 3000 people turned out for the annual March for the Babies in Melbourne's Treasury Gardens, but as the group walked through the city they were confronted by hundreds of counter protesters.

The peaceful demonstration escalated quickly as protesters came face to face with each other at Parliament House and Federation Square.

As both sides traded taunts and name-calling police formed a human barricade to separate the groups.

Some scuffles broke out as a handful of demonstrators ripped banners and threw punches.

Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

What sickened me about the pro life side was that many had brought their children along - kids have NO place in a pro life march, at all.

The pro lifers do have a right to their opinions, and it was their march, they organised it, and it shouldn't have been ruined by a group of pro choice protesters, who showed disrespect in ripping banners and hurling insults.

We can have our own march, we do not need to interfere in another.

This is one of those times when I will defend those on the pro life side, and condemn those on the pro choice, because despite myself being extremely pro choice, we must show respect to those who have the opposite opinion:

AN anti-abortion rally turned violent in the city as protesters clashed with pro-choice lobbyists.

An estimated 3000 people turned out for the annual March for the Babies in Melbourne's Treasury Gardens, but as the group walked through the city they were confronted by hundreds of counter protesters.

The peaceful demonstration escalated quickly as protesters came face to face with each other at Parliament House and Federation Square.

As both sides traded taunts and name-calling police formed a human barricade to separate the groups.

Some scuffles broke out as a handful of demonstrators ripped banners and threw punches.

Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

What sickened me about the pro life side was that many had brought their children along - kids have NO place in a pro life march, at all.

The pro lifers do have a right to their opinions, and it was their march, they organised it, and it shouldn't have been ruined by a group of pro choice protesters, who showed disrespect in ripping banners and hurling insults.

We can have our own march, we do not need to interfere in another.

You have no right to make the judgement, that other people's children have NO place in a pro life march.

Do you?

Last edited:
The only reason they bring the kids along is to say 'look what you are killing'. They liken their five year olds to a five week old embryo.

No, but it makes me fear for the kids. They don't need to be exposed to that - especially since a march like this can turn violent, as it did. They don't need to see that. They are kids.

Neither side has the right to attack the other side, verbally or physically.

Period.

No, but it makes me fear for the kids. They don't need to be exposed to that - especially since a march like this can turn violent, as it did. They don't need to see that. They are kids.

Who are you to judge what "kids"/children. should or should not be exposed to, concerning abortion?

Abortion is violent.

It's for their parents to decide what is an appropriate place for them, not you, me, or anyone else.

Who are you to judge what "kids"/children. should or should not be exposed to, concerning abortion?

Abortion is violent.

Abortion is not violent, and you are just trolling now.

It's for their parents to decide what is an appropriate place for them, not you, me, or anyone else.

Their parents are stupid.

Abortion is violent.

I am not trolling. If you want people to pat you on the back for this absurd reaction to your little video. I suggest you go to the NARAL official forum.

People who believe that abortion is murder have a right to take their kids to their rallies. It is not your call.

I am passionate when it comes to abortion. I see a thread on it, I almost always reply.

Abortion is violent.

I am not trolling. If you want people to pat you on the back for this absurd reaction to your little video. I suggest you go to the NARAL official forum.

People who believe that abortion is murder have a right to take their kids to their rallies. It is not your call.

I am passionate when it comes to abortion. I see a thread on it, I almost always reply.

This thread wasn't about people taking their kids to the march though. I merely mentioned it, and you have made it into a big deal.

[MENTION=38085]Noomi[/MENTION] Abortion is not violent? If only that were true

enjoy killing babies

Well, isn't that the stupid comment of the day? Go call Koshergrl, she is looking for a date.

This thread wasn't about people taking their kids to the march though. I merely mentioned it, and you have made it into a big deal.

You said, that was what sickened you.

I think what actually sickened you, is the gall that others do not hold your horrid beliefs concerning abortion, And that they are teaching their kids the same

I think what actually sickened you, is the gall that others do not hold your horrid beliefs concerning abortion, And that they are teaching their kids the same

It did sicken me, but the thread wasn't about that, was it?

If I attended a pro choice rally, and had kids, I would leave them at home. My kids have no place at such a rally, they would be to young to understand what was going on.

If I attended a pro choice rally, and had kids, I would leave them at home. My kids have no place at such a rally, they would be to young to understand what was going on.

Wasn't it? You made it a point. Not me. Stop trying to wiggle out of it

My point was to stand on the side of the anti abortionists, and condemn my own side for showing such disrespect.

Completely over your head, eh?

My point was to stand on the side of the anti abortionists, and condemn my own side for showing such disrespect.

Completely over your head, eh?

You said WHAT sickened you, and I addressed what sickened you. Deal with the sickness now. It is one of the consequences of abortion

Forum List

Back