Anti-abortion activist killed in front High School

Mr.Fitnah

Dreamcrusher
Jul 14, 2009
Paradise.
OWOSSO, Michigan -- State police at the Corunna post have confirmed a well-known anti-abortion activist was shot multiple times and killed this morning in front of Owosso High School.

The victim's identity has not yet been released but the shooting occurred around 7:30 a.m., after most students were off the buses and safely inside the building, said Owosso schools transportation supervisor Jayne Campbell.

State police also confirmed that a suspect was taken into custody about 8:15 a.m. at the suspect's home.

Anti-abortion activist shot in front of Owosso High School - MLive.com

horrible. murder is never the answer. I hope the shooter is caught and that Michigan has the death penalty.

OWOSSO, Michigan -- State police at the Corunna post have confirmed a well-known anti-abortion activist was shot multiple times and killed this morning in front of Owosso High School.

The victim's identity has not yet been released but the shooting occurred around 7:30 a.m., after most students were off the buses and safely inside the building, said Owosso schools transportation supervisor Jayne Campbell.

State police also confirmed that a suspect was taken into custody about 8:15 a.m. at the suspect's home.

I wonder what the motivation in the shooting was? You think it was a robbery or some hypocritical pro lifer taking the life of a pro-abortion person?

They'll just call it a late-term abortion and be done with it.

Two men were shot and killed this morning in Owosso -- one a long time abortion protester shot multiple times as he stood across from Owosso High School and the other at a gravel company, according to news reports.

Police believe the shootings were related, and said a suspect was in custody.

The Argus Press in Owosso reported that Jim Poullion of Owosso, a long time anti-abortion activist, was fatally shot at the high school at 7:30 a.m. Shortly afterward, a man was shot at Fouss Gravel in Owosso Township.

"We have two murders," Shiawassee County sheriff George Braidwood told the Argus Press. "We believe they are related and we have a suspect in custody.

Owosso police investigating two murders | Detroit Free Press | Freep.com

They'll just call it a late-term abortion and be done with it.

where in the article does it say he was killed BECAUSE of his activism?

the story posted is only HALF the story....

OWOSSO, Michigan -- Owosso Police Chief Michael Compeau said it appears the Shiawassee County Sheriff's Department is investigating a second homicide this morning that may be related to the shooting that occurred in front of Owosso High School.

State police confirmed the second apparent homicide was at or near Fuoss Gravel Pit on Busha Road near M-21 in Owosso Township.

Employees at the gravel pit refused to comment.

Members of the state police crime lab are on their way to Shiawassee County right now, and will be looking at whether the two crimes are indeed linked.

Compeau will hold a press conference at 11:30 a.m. at the Owosso police department to provide more details.

Police say second apparent homicide discovered this morning in Owosso Township - MLive.com

anti-choice activists don't generally get killed for their position... that's a religiousnutterg-dtoldmetodoit thing.

*edit* the second victim was someone named Mike Fuoss... no word on whether he was an "activist" too...

one suspect in custody... no word on whether there's more... but "All Owosso Public Schools instructional buildings were placed on lockdown following the shooting". That doesn't really sound like it was politically based.

http://www.wwj.com/Police--Activist-Killed--2nd-Shooting-Related/5198129

Last edited:
oh looky...more on the story...

OWOSSO TOWNSHIP, Michigan -- Mike Fuoss, 61, owner of Fuoss Gravel Pit, 777 Busha Road in Owosso Township, has been identified as the second homicide victim in Shiawassee County this morning.

Fuoss also owned Arrow Construction, an asphalt and excavating company, and started Indan Rock Subdivision and Fuoss Brothers Apartments. Fuoss graduated from Corunna High School in 1966.

In a press conference, Owosso police Chief Michael Compeau said James L. Pouillon was staging an anti-abortion protest in front of Owosso High School at 7:20 a.m. Friday when witnesses heard 4-10 shots fired from a passing vehicle, killing Pouillon.

All the shots were fired from the moving vehicle toward the opposite side of the street, away from the school, police said.

The entire school district was placed in lockdown and all after-school activites have been cancelled today out of respect for the tragedy. Parents have also been given the option to take their children home today.

A witness provided a license plate number and about an hour later, Owosso police arrested a 33-year-old Owosso man at his home.

When he was arrested, the man told police that he had been involved in another homicide in Shiawassee County today.

About 8:17 a.m., an hour after Pouillon was killed, a worker at Fuoss Gravel Pit called 911 to report that he had found the owner of the business dead in the office. Police found Mike Fuoss, 61, shot multiple times in the office.

Fuoss knew the suspected shooter, according to Shiawassee County Sheriff George Braidwood. Braidwood said it appeared he was shot at close range.

It is unknown if the suspect knew Pouillon. Police said it's too early to assign any motive to either shooting. Detectives are interviewing the suspect right now.

Police believe the shots were fired from a semi-automatic. They are unsure if it was a pistol or a long gun and are awaiting a search warrant to look for the weapon in the suspect's vehicle.

Owosso Township gravel pit owner identified as second homicide victim - MLive.com

Last edited:
Terrible./

My heart goes out to their families.

mine, too...and I don't mean to seem like I'm making light of it. it was the premature assignment of motive that troubled me.
i know...

I'm reading down the thread, moments after the news, and the chime of 'so much for liberal tolerance' gongs in ahead of the others.

I mean, WTF? Nobody has a clue who this is or what it was about...but No, it's a liberal!

Dirtbags.

I'm reading down the thread, moments after the news, and the chime of 'so much for liberal tolerance' gongs in ahead of the others.

I mean, WTF? Nobody has a clue who this is or what it was about...but No, it's a liberal!

Dirtbags.

yup... but it's fun watching them being led around because of the title of the thread/article.

someone should tell them google is their friend. :eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back