Anthony Weiner: Waiver might work for New York

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
What a hypocrite. I guess Weiner now sees what a sack of shit this legislation was, that he so passionately supported.

Rep. Anthony Weiner said Wednesday he was looking into how a health law waiver might work for New York City.

Weiner, who is likely to run for mayor of New York, said that because of the city’s special health care infrastructure, his office was looking into alternatives that might make more sense. Weiner is one of the health care law’s biggest supporters; during the debate leading up to reform, he was one of the last holdouts in Congress for the public option.

“The president said, ‘If you have better ideas that can accomplish the same thing, go for it,’” said Weiner. “I’m in the process now of trying to see if we can take [President Barack Obama] up on it in the city of New York, … and I’m taking a look at all of the money we spend in Medicaid and Medicare and maybe New York City can come up with a better plan.”

Anthony Weiner: Waiver might work for New York - Kate Nocera - POLITICO.com

What a hypocrite. I guess Weiner now sees what a sack of shit this legislation was, that he so passionately supported.

Rep. Anthony Weiner said Wednesday he was looking into how a health law waiver might work for New York City.

Weiner, who is likely to run for mayor of New York, said that because of the city’s special health care infrastructure, his office was looking into alternatives that might make more sense. Weiner is one of the health care law’s biggest supporters; during the debate leading up to reform, he was one of the last holdouts in Congress for the public option.

“The president said, ‘If you have better ideas that can accomplish the same thing, go for it,’” said Weiner. “I’m in the process now of trying to see if we can take [President Barack Obama] up on it in the city of New York, … and I’m taking a look at all of the money we spend in Medicaid and Medicare and maybe New York City can come up with a better plan.”

You have got to be fucking kidding me.

And there goes any once of credibility he ever had...

Yep.. Wiener the loud mouth asshole who defends Obama care so forcefully wants a waiver imagine. That's kind of like the libs want everyone to pay more taxes but they don't pay theirs

Last edited:

oh please, hon... the right makes up stuff about anthony all the time... it's pretty funny how irksome he is to you guys. :)

i also think saying they're "looking into alternatives" and extrapolating that out to some rejection of health care reform is pretty .. .well, let's say disingenuous.

“The president said, ‘If you have better ideas that can accomplish the same thing, go for it,’” said Weiner.

He was talking to Republicans you stupid son of a bitch!!! Not assholes like you that ridiculed anyone against the Obamination bill!!!

I want to punch this guy in the face!

“The president said, ‘If you have better ideas that can accomplish the same thing, go for it,’” said Weiner.

He was talking to Republicans you stupid son of a bitch!!! Not assholes like you that ridiculed anyone against the Obamination bill!!!

I want to punch this guy in the face!

^^^^^^You mean like this guy Jillybean? :lol:

oh please, hon... the right makes up stuff about anthony all the time... it's pretty funny how irksome he is to you guys. :)

i also think saying they're "looking into alternatives" and extrapolating that out to some rejection of health care reform is pretty .. .well, let's say disingenuous.

Deflection. You always say I'm a member of the 'Right' when you know that's not true. I guess it's just a knee-jerk reaction on your part because you're such a big supporter of Weenie-boy. And the fact that Penis man is looking for alternatives to Obamacare means he's a hypocrite, but please continuing supporting hypocrites. Partisans are obligated to do that.

Yep this guy drives us nutz, mostly because he is a classless wimp!

This is what I think of him!

Last edited by a moderator:
obamacarechance.jpg

Obamacare has been and always will be about power, not health care. Just another guild of bureaucrats and goofy laws to deprive us of a little more freedom.

Good grief!!!! I can't stand that little banny rooster. How these people get elected to office blows my mind. What's up with you people in New York, you are broke as a state and elect this little weiner.

Did you even read the link? He wants a waiver to get out of Obamacare. Please defend his actions if you can........

The more people find out about this stupid law the less they like it this guy supported it at first ..No more

Starbucks calls for health care that helps, not harms, small businesses

Starbucks chief executive Howard Schultz asks that the Obama administration reconsider its position on health care reform

The coffee company and barista bigwig, often vocal about wanting health care reform, saw double-digit employee health care cost increases for five consecutive years.

“That cost last year was $250 million,” Schultz told The Seattle Times.

He said that while current health care reform offers good intentions, the burden will fall on small businesses.

“There’s no plan that would be a perfect plan, but the intent of the bill and the heartfelt commitment to insure the uninsured is the right approach,” he said. ”I think as the bill is currently written and if it was going to land in 2014 under the current guidelines, the pressure on small businesses, because of the mandate, is too great.”

Business & Technology | Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz discusses turnaround | Seattle Times Newspaper

I think it says that he doesn't stand behind what he voted for. He wants everyone else to abide but he wants a waiver?? How can this be?

Forum List

Back