Anthony Weiner strongly defends Israeli attack on flotilla

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
In a sign that some Dems in Congress may rally behind Israel in the face of international condemnation of the attack on the aid flotilla, Rep. Anthony Weiner of New York strongly defended Israel's move in an interview, blaming the bloodshed on Turkey and the activists for instigating the conflict.

"This was about instigating an altercation and they succeeded," Weiner, one of Israel's leading allies in Congress, told me. He insisted that the activists piloting the flotilla were offered other alternatives by Israel, such as docking the ship and transporting the supplies to Gaza by land.

"If you want to instigate a conflict with the Israeli navy it isn't hard to do," Weiner continued. "They were offered alternatives. Instead they chose to sail into the teeth of an internationally recognized blockade

The Plum Line - Anthony Weiner strongly defends Israeli attack on flotilla

:clap2:

In a sign that some Dems in Congress may rally behind Israel in the face of international condemnation of the attack on the aid flotilla, Rep. Anthony Weiner of New York strongly defended Israel's move in an interview, blaming the bloodshed on Turkey and the activists for instigating the conflict.

"This was about instigating an altercation and they succeeded," Weiner, one of Israel's leading allies in Congress, told me. He insisted that the activists piloting the flotilla were offered other alternatives by Israel, such as docking the ship and transporting the supplies to Gaza by land.

"If you want to instigate a conflict with the Israeli navy it isn't hard to do," Weiner continued. "They were offered alternatives. Instead they chose to sail into the teeth of an internationally recognized blockade

Anthony rocks.

Anthony rocks.

well you know I don't agree with him on all things but yes, in this case Anthony rocks.

What has [President Obama] said about this whole thing? Haven't heard a peep.

corrected that for you.

and you're a liar.

what the president said is that we regret the loss of civilian life and trust that israel will conduct a fair and impartial investigation of the circumstances as they occurred.

at least tell the truth. :cuckoo:

Anthony rocks.

well you know I don't agree with him on all things but yes, in this case Anthony rocks.

I don't agree with anyone about all things. But he's a good guy. He's smart. His district loves him.

He is a brave guy! Much braver than the President who is cowering away somewhere.

corrected that for you.

and you're a liar.

what the president said is that we regret the loss of civilian life and trust that israel will conduct a fair and impartial investigation of the circumstances as they occurred.

So he said nothing.

corrected that for you.

and you're a liar.

Come on Jillian that is his way of placating the true aggressors here! Same with the huge insult to the American Armenian community by not labeling the Armenian Holocaust as a Genocide!

He is a brave guy! Much braver than the President who is cowering away somewhere.

for his district, there's nothing 'brave' about it.

i do have to wonder why y'all keep misrepresenting what obama has said on this issue.

be glad he's not out speaking about it.

besides, anthony has a district to represent... obama has to neavigate this through international politics.

thank heaven he isn't thumping around like bush did.

How about Obama be on the right side for a change and clearly show support for Israel by stating that it was a propaganda stunt?

That is the truth.

corrected that for you.

and you're a liar.

How am I lying? I was asking a question. Haven't seen any headlines about his stance on all this. You libs are so touchy.

Anyway, got a link?

corrected that for you.

and you're a liar.

How am I lying? I was asking a question. Haven't seen any headlines about his stance on all this. You libs are so touchy.

Anyway, got a link?

You conservatives are so cowardly, you can't even admit to asking a leading question and you have to lie about not seeing anything about Obama's response in the news when it's been on the front pages of most newspapers and reported on all of the major news shows.

So, are you still diddling farm animals? (Just asking a question)

corrected that for you.

and you're a liar.

Anyway, got a link?

You conservatives are so cowardly, you can't even admit to asking a leading question and you have to lie about not seeing anything about Obama's response in the news when it's been on the front pages of most newspapers and reported on all of the major news shows.

So, are you still diddling farm animals? (Just asking a question)

I have yet to see any headline about Obama's stance on it is all. I usually visit CNN, Drudge, and FoxNews. None of them have headlines. Thats all I have time to visit. Why do you idiots have to turn everything into some red vs blue political battle? If you have a link to Obama talking about Israel then please provide it, I'd like to see what he has to say.

Otherwise, return to your farm diddling. :cuckoo:

How about Obama be on the right side for a change and clearly show support for Israel by stating that it was a propaganda stunt?

That is the truth.

Thats too much to ask of the Hussein. He can't possibly exhibit having a spine in the least bit to countries like Turkey.

corrected that for you.

and you're a liar.

Anyway, got a link?

it's not touchy expecting you to be honest.

doesn't matter now, though. apparently we just joined in the condemnation of the attack a few minutes ago.

Forum List

Back