Antarctica: The battlefield of the future

Blitzkrieg

Hegemon
Jan 2, 2009
Antarctica. A fairly large continent that is entirely unclaimed by any country and that probably has one of the largest concentrations of oil in the world. There's going to be a war, probably a pretty big one. Not anytime in the very near future of course but sometime. And no amount of international agreements is going to stop it. Not even the polar bears' massive environmental protection or global warming. Russia or some other imperious country is going to walk up there and start drilling and it's very difficult to stop that kind of thing because of the lack of infrastructure up there. It's not like we can load nuclear warheads into Santa's sleigh. Middle eastern terrorists would have already took the reindeer and strapped bombs to their backs.

$jesus.jpg

Antartica is claimed by a number of countries and there are treaties banning everything but reserach in it.

Mostly Russia. Did you hear about that stunt where they planted a flag at the north pole underneath all of the ice. Plus they believe that it's part of their half of the Eurasian plate so they think it's all theirs.

Mostly Russia. Did you hear about that stunt where they planted a flag at the north pole underneath all of the ice. Plus they believe that it's part of their half of the Eurasian plate so they think it's all theirs.

They can think anything they want.....

Antarctica. A fairly large continent that is entirely unclaimed by any country and that probably has one of the largest concentrations of oil in the world. There's going to be a war, probably a pretty big one. Not anytime in the very near future of course but sometime. And no amount of international agreements is going to stop it. Not even the polar bears' massive environmental protection or global warming. Russia or some other imperious country is going to walk up there and start drilling and it's very difficult to stop that kind of thing because of the lack of infrastructure up there. It's not like we can load nuclear warheads into Santa's sleigh. Middle eastern terrorists would have already took the reindeer and strapped bombs to their backs.

I'm afraid I don't understand your post.

First, you refer to Antartica, which is the South Pole.

Then you refer to polor bears, which only live in the arctic circle, which would be actually be the exact opposite, the North Pole.

Then you refer to it being "a fairly large continent" which can only mean the South Pole, since the North pole is strictly an ocean.

Then you say there's going to be a war "up there". Which implies geographic north, as opposed to geographic south. Again implying its the North Pole.

Then you refer to all the "land" that's unclaimed there, which in that case can only be the South Pole, since the North Pole is only an ocean with no land.

Then you refer to all the reinder the terroirsts are going to "take", which presumably refers to the norwegian and finnish deer which live near in the artic circle, again implying the North Pole.

So, I don't get it. Are we going to have a war in the Antarctic, the south pole? Or in the Arctic Ocean at the North Pole?

And what are the terrorists planning on doing with all the reindeer they catch?

Then you refer to polor bears, which only live in the arctic circle, which would be actually be the exact opposite, the North Pole.

Then you refer to it being "a fairly large continent" which can only mean the South Pole, since the North pole is strictly an ocean.

Then you say there's going to be a war "up there". Which implies geographic north, as opposed to geographic south. Again implying its the North Pole.

Then you refer to all the "land" that's unclaimed there, which in that case can only be the South Pole, since the North Pole is only an ocean with no land.

Then you refer to all the reinder the terroirsts are going to "take", which presumably refers to the norwegian and finnish deer which live near in the artic circle, again implying the North Pole.

So, I don't get it. Are we going to have a war in the Antarctic, the south pole? Or in the Arctic Ocean at the North Pole?

:lol:

I don't think he cares as long as people are killing each other

I'm afraid my geography is deplorable. I meant Antarctica the whole time. And the reindeer reference was a joke in case you were that close minded which implied that the flying reindeer would be captured and used as kamikaze bombers which was also geographically misplaced.

Forum List

Back