Antarctic sea ice 2016: Historic lows

Are you talking of sublimation? Or of pressure affecting the temperature of phase changes? A very general statement with almost no meaning in this context.
I thought you were some kind of expert on this. You are not even close.

He's a geologist and you're an ass. Let's hear about ice melting at temperatures below its freezing point.
lol, I'm an ass, just like you are an ass. So what? So you don't think that it's possible for ice to melt when temperatures are below freezing? Seriously? You really are ignorant about basic principles.

albedo.gif

He's a geologist and you're an ass. Let's hear about ice melting at temperatures below its freezing point.
lol, I'm an ass, just like you are an ass. So what? So you don't think that it's possible for ice to melt when temperatures are below freezing? Seriously? You really are ignorant about basic principles.

Which are...? Your third grade explanation of albedo?

Last edited:
I guess we're still waiting for an explanation of ice melting below its melting point that is not sublimation.

Which will melt when and only when that irradiation has raised its temperature above its melting point

So, you assumed that Old Rocks and I were unaware that we could go out in the winter woods and melt snow in a butane stove. This is significant to this discussion how?

So, you assumed that Old Rocks and I were unaware that we could go out in the winter woods and melt snow in a butane stove. This is significant to this discussion how?
No butane stove needed. Solar radiation (i.e. sunshine).

What is significant here is that you don`t even know how to use one.You figure you can melt snow in a butane stove.?
Butane_Stove.jpg

Just how would you get the snow in there? Open it up with a can opener, put the snow in it and then light a match?

How do you heat anything in such a stove? Was this supposed to show you're some sort of campy/hikey/hunty he-man? I'd have to say you failed.

Forum List

Back