Antarctic Ice Shelves Not Melting At All

I think the most useful information about the Antarctic is how the estimates of ice loss keep going down. the claims of huge ice loss from 10 years ago have disappeared, to be replace by much smaller ones, and now there are even some estimates that put the overall levels as increasing.

and of course the sea ice levels around Antarctica are the highest in the satellite era. which doesnt get any media attention at all.

Quite on the contrary, people like you are just not listening.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/envir...ctures-and-discussions-by-climatologists.html

Old Rocks, i am not going to watch your videos unless you make specific comments and give the time where it is discussed in the video. I have wasted too much time in the past wading through your citations that dont actually say what you imply they do.

I think the most useful information about the Antarctic is how the estimates of ice loss keep going down. the claims of huge ice loss from 10 years ago have disappeared, to be replace by much smaller ones, and now there are even some estimates that put the overall levels as increasing.

and of course the sea ice levels around Antarctica are the highest in the satellite era. which doesnt get any media attention at all.

Quite on the contrary, people like you are just not listening.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/envir...ctures-and-discussions-by-climatologists.html

Old Rocks, i am not going to watch your videos unless you make specific comments and give the time where it is discussed in the video. I have wasted too much time in the past wading through your citations that dont actually say what you imply they do.

Baffle them with Bullshite...it's the AGW cultists way...

You really have to BELIEVE in CO2 for it to be effective

I can assure you that disbelieving in CO2 will not make it, or its effects, disappear any more than disbelieving in gravity will enable you to float into the heavens. But, do feel free to conduct the appropriate experiments to test your hypothesis and report back.

I can assure you that disbelieving in CO2 will not make it, or its effects, disappear any more than disbelieving in gravity will enable you to float into the heavens. But, do feel free to conduct the appropriate experiments to test your hypothesis and report back.

The experiments have been done repeatedly over the last 600,000 years where the Vostock ice cores clearly show that CO2 FOLLOWS warmth by hundreds of years.

That would be a fact. Show us factual data that supports your theory that CO2 drives temperature. Not computer models (because as any good scientist knows computer models are not DATA) but real hard measurable experiments that support your theory.

And please, once again, none of this correlation equals causation bullcrap.

The experiments have been done repeatedly over the last 600,000 years where the Vostock ice cores clearly show that CO2 FOLLOWS warmth by hundreds of years.

Global warming preceded by increasing carbon dioxide concentrations during the last deglaciation - http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v484/n7392/full/nature10915.html

--(excerpt)--
We calculate the area-weighted mean of 80 globally distributed, high resolution proxy temperature records to reconstruct global surface
temperature during the last deglaciation (Methods and Fig. 1). The
global temperature stack shows a two-step rise, with most warming
occurring during and right after the Oldest Dryas and Younger Dryas
intervals and relatively little temperature change during the Last
Glacial Maximum (LGM), the Bølling–Allerød interval and the early
Holocene epoch (Fig. 2a). The atmospheric CO​
2 record from the
EPICA Dome C ice core
12, which has recently been placed on a more
accurate timescale
13, has a similar two-step structure and is strongly
correlated with the temperature stack (
[FONT=AdvOT7d6df7ab.I][FONT=AdvOT7d6df7ab.I]r[/FONT][/FONT]250.94 (coefficient of determination),

[FONT=AdvOT7d6df7ab.I][FONT=AdvOT7d6df7ab.I]
P​
[/FONT]​
[/FONT]50.03; Fig. 2a).
Lag correlations quantify the timing of change in the temperature
stack relative to CO
2 from 20–10 kyr ago, an interval that spans the
period during which low LGM CO
2 concentrations increased to
almost pre-industrial values. Our results indicate that CO
2 probably
leads global warming over the course of the deglaciation (Fig. 2b). A
comparison of the global temperature stack with Antarctic temperature

provides further support for this relative timing, in showing that
although the structure of the global stack is similar to the pattern of
Antarctic temperature change, it lags Antarctica by several centuries
to a millennium throughout most of the deglaciation (Fig. 2a). Thus,
the small apparent lead of Antarctic temperature over CO​
2 in the icecore
records
12,14 does not apply to global temperature...

That would be a fact.

Not at all, merely another assertion left wanting compelling support.

As for the radiation transfer physics of CO2:

Tyndal 1861 - "The Bakerian Lecture: On the Absorption and Radiation of Heat by Gases and Vapours, and on the Physical Connexion of Radiation, Absorption, and Conduction" - JSTOR: An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie

Lecher & Pernter 1881 - "On the absorption of dark heat-rays by gases and vapours" - An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie

Svante Arrhenius 1897 - "On the Influence of Carbonic Acid in the Air upon the Temperature of the Ground" - http://new.globalwarmingart.com/images/1/18/Arrhenius.pdf

Rubens & Aschkinass 1898 - "Observations on the Absorption and Emission of Aqueous Vapor and Carbon Dioxide in the Infra-Red Spectrum" - http://articles.adsabs.harvard.edu/..._paper=YES&type=PRINTER&filetype=.pdf

Barker 1922 - "Carbon Dioxide Absorption in the Near Infra-Red" - http://articles.adsabs.harvard.edu/..._paper=YES&type=PRINTER&filetype=.pdf

Herzberg & Herzberg 1953 - "Rotation-Vibration Spectra of Diatomic and Simple Polyatomic Molecules with Long Absorbing Paths" – Optics InfoBase: Journal of the Optical Society of America - Rotation-Vibration Spectra of Diatomic and Simple Polyatomic Molecules with Long Absorbing Paths

Burch et al. 1962 - "Total Absorptance of Carbon Dioxide in the Infrared" – Optics InfoBase: Applied Optics - Total Absorptance of Carbon Dioxide in the Infrared

Burch & Gryvnak 1966 - "Laboratory investigation of the absorption and emission of infrared radiation" – ScienceDirect.com - Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer - Laboratory investigation of the absorption and emission of infrared radiation

all the way to more contemporary studies like:

Toth et al. 2008 - "Spectroscopic database of CO2 line parameters: 4300–7000 cm−1" – ScienceDirect.com - Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer - Spectroscopic database of CO2 line parameters: 4300?7000cm?1

Forum List

Back