Antarctic ice shelf thinning accelerates

odd, I could have sworn crick answered me. did you delete your 2 letter long posting crick?

didnt they have to build Amundsen–Scott Station with adjustable poles as the base

so it can be raised every year because at least eight inches of permanent snow falls every year

failing to raise it the station would soon become buried

--LOL

That is equivalent to 0.8 inches of rain, annually. That is ONE-FIFTH of the precipitation that falls on the Gobi Desert.

Unbelievable. Care to explain how you came to that conclusion?

Internet troll
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Trolling)
"Trolling" redirects here. For other uses, see Troll (disambiguation).
In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1]extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[3]

This sense of the word troll and its associated verb trolling are associated with Internet discourse, but have been used more widely. Media attention in recent years has equated trolling with online harassment. For example, mass media has used troll to describe "a person who defaces Internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families."[4][5]

Unbelievable. Care to explain how you came to that conclusion?

Internet troll
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Trolling)
"Trolling" redirects here. For other uses, see Troll (disambiguation).
In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1]extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[3]

This sense of the word troll and its associated verb trolling are associated with Internet discourse, but have been used more widely. Media attention in recent years has equated trolling with online harassment. For example, mass media has used troll to describe "a person who defaces Internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families."[4][5]

He asked you for the post you were referring to and you basically told him to fuck off, which is the very definition of trolling behavior. You're welcome.

He asked me a yes or no question and I answered no.

Your abuse of your moderator status here is completely unacceptable.

He asked me a yes or no question and I answered no.

Your abuse of your moderator status here is completely unacceptable.

I suggest you go back and reread the exchange bucko.

so I found this article yesterday. I just have to laugh after reopening this thread....

" Antarctic Ice So Thick Scientists Struggle Getting There May 11, 2015Source: The Daily Callerby: Michael Bastasch Scientists are struggling to stage expeditions to the South Pole because Antarctica’s sea ice has been growing rapidly and hit record high levels.

The UK Guardian reports 50 scientists have gathered in Tasmania to discuss more accurate ways to predict Antarctic sea ice levels so researchers don’t get stuck in ice pack when traveling southward.

“It’s quite hard to forecast but whatever effort we put into improving our ability to forecast sea ice will ultimately pay dividends in terms of savings for national programs,” Tony Worby, head of the Antarctic Climate and Ecosystems Cooperative Research Centre, told the Guardian.

Last year, ships “couldn’t get anywhere near” the Australian Antarctic Division’s research site on Antarctica, reports The Guardian. Source: The Daily Caller"
Too funny!!!!!! LoSiNg

Wow...

A Glacial remnant of the last ice age is about to break up because it has been eaten out from underneath by..... wait for it..... Volcanically warmed water... While the rest of Antarctica ice is growing massively.

Yawn..... Nothing to see hear... the dam thing was melting at 1,200 meters per year in the 1800's far faster than today... same old failure to research and then scream at the top of your lungs alarm.... ding ding ding....

Wow...

A Glacial remnant of the last ice age is about to break up because it has been eaten out from underneath by..... wait for it..... Volcanically warmed water... While the rest of Antarctica ice is growing massively.

Yawn..... Nothing to see hear... the dam thing was melting at 1,200 meters per year in the 1800's far faster than today... same old failure to research and then scream at the top of your lungs alarm.... ding ding ding....

"It's not just the fact that there is melting water, and that water is coming out," Schroeder told Live Science. "It's how that affects the flow and stability of the ice."

Hidden Volcanoes Melt Antarctic Glaciers from Below Discovery News

Antarctic Ice Loss Tripled in the Last 10 Years Discovery News

The melt rate of glaciers in the fastest-melting part of Antarctica has tripled over the past decade, researchers said Tuesday in an analysis of the past 21 years.

Glaciers in the Amundsen Sea in West Antarctica are losing ice faster than another part of Antarctica and are the biggest contributor to rising sea levels, said researchers at the University of California at Irvine and NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory.

PLAY VIDEO
Can We Save Our Cities From Drowning?

Over the next 200 years, the ocean is expected to rise 10 feet, putting many major cities worldwide underwater. Can we stop it?
DCI
Research published in May concluded that the melting of glaciers in West Antarctica, which contain enough water to raise sea levels by at least a meter, is speeding up and seems irreversible.

Seems ol' Boob is pulling more shit out of his ass.

Forum List

Back