Answering The Unasked Question

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
How do you stop government agents from violating the Constitution?

Naturally, the police can make mistakes, but it’s always deliberate in Second Amendment violations:

While Army 1st Sgt. Matthew Corrigan slept inside his Northwest Washington home, Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) response teams were gathering outside. Dozens of SWAT and explosive-ordnance-disposal officers spent hours preparing a full-scale invasion of the residence in the middle of the snowstorm of the century. It was not an operation to protect the public from a terrorist or to stop a crime in progress. It was to rouse a sleeping man over a secondhand report that he might have an unregistered gun.

I cannot believe that everybody who took part in the operation thought their planned attack was constitutional. I’ll wager that everyone involved knew they were violating 1st Sgt. Matthew Corrigan’s Second Amendment Rights but went ahead anyway. In fact:

A police commander then jumped into the truck and demanded to know where Sgt. Corrigan put his house key. "I'm not giving you the key. I'm not giving consent to enter my house," Sgt. Corrigan recalled saying. He said the officer responded, "I don't have time to play this constitutional [game] with you. We're going to break your door in, and you're going to have to pay for a new door."

I can just see a similar government official with the same mindset in charge at Waco when more than 80 men, women, and children were slaughtered:

Part 1

Waco CNN Live Coverage - Part 1 - YouTube

Part 2

Waco CNN Live Coverage - Part 2 - YouTube

Part 3

Waco CNN Live Coverage - Part 3 - YouTube

Some reports said Hillary Clinton ordered the attack because the siege was embarrassing the Clintons in the early days of their administration. I don’t doubt it one bit. Today, she is secretary of state —— outraged over Syrians being slaughtered by their government. If truth be told she secretly admires Assad the same way one serial killer admires another.

Not only is Clinton secretary of state, she is being touted for president! She won’t get the nomination without a lot of support from government employee unions and the MSM. Should she somehow become president the American people will finally know that a lot people in government want a butcher in charge.

Returning to Sgt. Matthew Corrigan

Put the Second Amendment aside in Corrigan’s case. Surely the cops knew about search warrants:

Because Sgt. Corrigan had refused to permit a search of his house, the police broke down his door - without bothering to seek a search warrant before doing so, according to court papers.

MILLER: Breaking doors and the Constitution
D.C. cops without a search warrant ransack veteran’s home in gun hunt
By Emily Miller - The Washington Times

MILLER: Breaking doors and the Constitution - Washington Times

Answering my opening question, I’d say individual government agents on every level who knowingly violate a citizen’s constitutional Rights be held personally liable in lawsuits. The Waco Massacre shows that nobody in government will ever be held criminally liable by their own kind. Civil lawsuits against individuals as well as government entities is probably the best way to go.

Finally, lawyers for plaintiffs will run into the Nazi Defense: I was only following orders. That should not apply in a civil suit. If a cop took part in an unconstitutional operation he or she pays the price. I’m not talking about complicated constitutional questions. Every cop in this country knows the basic Rights guaranteed in the original Bill of Rights; so they certainly know when they violate them. If they lack the guts to stand up to their superiors they are no better than those Nazis who blindly obeyed their superiors.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back