ansel adams

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
adams_rainbow.jpg

ansel3.jpg

Ansel_Adams_Mountains.jpg

That's a big back yard LOL. I bet he did some serious hiking.
Plus sitting around for hours (or days) on end, waiting for the perfect light and weather.

Each year they publish an Ansel Adams wall calendar. It's the only thing my brother asks for Christmas.

Aren't contact prints the same size as the negative? That's some big format film he was working with.

That's true, with 35 mm most of a role will be on an 8x10 print......... Adams used an 8 x 10 View Camera most of the time...... a huge negative and incredible sharpness is the result.

its amazing how small the print really is for that photo

i am not sure what a contract print is....

It's contact...... no r. the negative is in contact with the photosensitive paper and light is exposed through it so you do get an image the actual size of the negative. Adams used a huge negative compared to the modern 35 mm.The camera is huge also and a pain to set up and use.

Back in high school ('73) the physics teacher had a photo developing kit and asked for volunteers to figure it out. Me and a buddy jumped at the chance. It was great fun and we learned quite a bit. Only black and white but that was challenge enough. Still got at least one of the pictures we took.

my favorite:

ansel_adams_02.jpg
Moonrise at Las Cruces? One of his best.

He did have a 'red filter' fetish though didn't he? Helped cause the contrast to pop big time.

Still one of my favorite photographers though, even though towards the end of his life I felt he became pretty darn formulaeic.

None the less... love it.

Back in high school ('73) the physics teacher had a photo developing kit and asked for volunteers to figure it out. Me and a buddy jumped at the chance. It was great fun and we learned quite a bit. Only black and white but that was challenge enough. Still got at least one of the pictures we took.

"Still got at least one of the pictures we took."

So that's how sexting began??

^ :lol:

It's a photo of me with my 3 closest pals. Since then, every time we get together we have our picture taken, standing in the same order. Interesting to watch the hair lines recede and the waistlines excede.

^ :lol:

It's a photo of me with my 3 closest pals. Since then, every time we get together we have our picture taken, standing in the same order. Interesting to watch the hair lines recede and the waistlines excede.

My prayer:
"Lord, if you can't make me thin,
at least make my friends fat."

I have a t-shirt with that on it....

Forum List

Back