Anova Sous Vide

HereWeGoAgain

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2010
Fuck Y'all I'm From Texas!
Well I finally broke down and got a sous vide machine.
Thinking ahead to that sous vide brisket I got the Anova for the ability to go up to five gallons and more if I use an ice chest. I've read some pretty interesting recipes that call for three days in the water followed by six hours on the smoker.

I'm really looking forward to using those tough cuts that have all the flavor like the flank I have in there now,the idea that you can make something that tasty as tender as a prime rib sounds heavenly.

upload_2016-3-16_14-34-35.png

Thinking ahead to that sous vide brisket I got the Anova for the ability to go up to five gallons and more if I use an ice chest. I've read some pretty interesting recipes that call for three days in the water followed by six hours on the smoker.

I'm really looking forward to using those tough cuts that have all the flavor like the flank I have in there now,the idea that you can make something that tasty as tender as a prime rib sounds heavenly.

View attachment 67600

I have a SousVide Supreme.

It's awesome. I've done steak, thick pork chops, and chicken.

Going to do corned beef for tomorrow. 10 hours @ 180 deg.

View attachment 67600

I have a SousVide Supreme.

It's awesome. I've done steak, thick pork chops, and chicken.

Going to do corned beef for tomorrow. 10 hours @ 180 deg.

I've been reading up on the corned beef as well and it sounds kick ass!
Picked up a Searzall as well so I dont have to go out back or smoke up the kitchen.
I guess my next purchase will be a vacuum sealer.

Oh Holy Mother Of God!!!!!!!
A low grade piece of flank steak and 8 hours at 133 F means Forking fantastic!!!!!

The beef flavor was incredible and the steak was around eight bucks .....for two people!!!!!

upload_2016-3-16_21-54-17.png

Oh Holy Mother Of God!!!!!!!
A low grade piece of flank steak and 8 hours at 133 F means Forking fantastic!!!!!

The beef flavor was incredible and the steak was around eight bucks .....for two people!!!!!

View attachment 67686
How do I download this yummy steak. where it lands in my stomach.
Where is the button that does that? is there a shortcut? ;-)

What does this have to do with being a post whore? :lol:

It has to do with my reluctance to post something that has nothing to do with the original post. In other words the idea of me posting click bait is reprehensible.

ahhh I have known that feeling. Hey, this is a message board. We are supposed to post, right?

It has to do with my reluctance to post something that has nothing to do with the original post. In other words the idea of me posting click bait is reprehensible.

ahhh I have known that feeling. Hey, this is a message board. We are supposed to post, right?

In all honesty I want my fellow board members to try steak this way.
It's one of the top ten steaks I've had in my fifty years of life and my thirty years of cooking.
They can screw with me all they want but a Southern Man will take notice...

It's one of the top ten steaks I've had in my fifty years of life and my thirty years of cooking.

So wil a southern woman. ;)

I love Southern Women...
They can appreciate a man who knows how to cook like a caveman....with a little finesse.
Not to brag but I dont know a single women who knows their way around a butcher shop like I do.

I love Southern Women...
They can appreciate a man who knows how to cook like a caveman....with a little finesse.
Not to brag but I dont know a single women who knows their way around a butcher shop like I do.

hmmmmmmm I know how to pick meat out. LOL BUt, you're probably right....I probably do not know as you do. :)

If you put that steak in front of me, yes I will try it.
I feel like that guy in the Matrix who sold out for steak.
Yummm give me my sin again!

I love Southern Women...

hmmmmmmm I know how to pick meat out. LOL BUt, you're probably right....I probably do not know as you do. :)

Is it nasty that that kinda turned me on?:lol:

I love Southern Women...

What's that?

I love Southern Women...

What's that?

Dear Kat and HereWeGoAgain
Don't look now, but I think you just launched
a new forum on here -- the MEAT MARKET.

New Topics

Forum List

Back