AnotherDem ShowsDisdain for Constitution: "I think the Constitution is wrong" w/Video

The Constitution has been wrong..and it's shown dramatically..by the Constitution itself. For example Amendment 18 abolishes liquor..and Amendment 21 repeals 18.

What you just posted does not demonstrate that the Constitution has been wrong. It shows that "We The People", during those specific times, sought reformation, and exercised their rights in a proper manner via the Constitution.

An opinion that the Constitution is wrong on a certain issue is simply an opinion that someone disagrees with the result the Constitution has produced.

Trying to make that into some sort of an attack on the character of the person who said the Constitution is wrong is idiocy.

Well what "result" has been produced you don't agree with Carbiner?

That there is too much free speech?

Why is it idiocy to point out that when it comes to free speech the man said the Constitutioin was wrong?

It's an "attack" to point out THE MAN'S OWN WORDS??????

You just don't like that people know about it.

That's your problem.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

What you just posted does not demonstrate that the Constitution has been wrong. It shows that "We The People", during those specific times, sought reformation, and exercised their rights in a proper manner via the Constitution.

An opinion that the Constitution is wrong on a certain issue is simply an opinion that someone disagrees with the result the Constitution has produced.

Trying to make that into some sort of an attack on the character of the person who said the Constitution is wrong is idiocy.

I agree. What I would "attack" is someone who wants to use the courts to change the constitution instead of the Amendment process.

The courts do that all the time.

See Roe v. Wade.

Why do you like killing babies?

Your horrible!

Abortion isn't a foolproof solution. The OP is proof of that.

If I was to abort some endangered animal species I would be jailed.

If I aborted or MURDERED a poor HELPLESS INNOCENT HUMAN BABY I would be PROTECTED.

That is LIBERALISM!!!

And they only yell about activist judges when the court ruling goes against 'em. That's liberalism too! :lol:

BTW, I once had a liberal tell me right out one reason for abortion is, human aren't an endangered species.

Give them long enough and they will tell you exactly what they think. ;)

To be fair, some of those Amendments were designed to correct flaws in the original that only showed up through practice. Or in one case, to repeal an Amendment that was shown to be flawed in practice. No human and no compromise is perfect. Some changes are reflective of changing attitudes, but some do indeed address these imperfections.

I agree that the Constitution is not perfect. The founders recognized such the day the document was signed. Sallow made a very poor post.

With all due respect old friend. No I didn't. There are still flaws in the Constitution that I firmly believe need to be addressed. Like the right to privacy. It's implicit but not explicit in the Constitution. I think there needs to be an amendment that settles that once and for all. And I seriously have a problem with the electoral college. And the Constitution should address exactly when it is appropriate to declare war. We use our military far to much..and sometimes for very terrible reasons.

That's my opinion.

You opinion forms my opinion that I'm glad the Constitution is just the way it is. It stops liberals like YOU from having too much power in this country.

And they are going to have a lot less (Lord willing) come November 2!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I agree. What I would "attack" is someone who wants to use the courts to change the constitution instead of the Amendment process.

The courts do that all the time.

See Roe v. Wade.

The Constitution created the Supreme Court. Roe v. Wade is a direct consequence of the Constitution functioning as it was designed.

So you can thank your 'never wrong' Constitution for a woman's right to an abortion.

Why do you like killing babies?

Your horrible!

Abortion isn't a foolproof solution. The OP is proof of that.

OH! Give a liberal enough time and they will tell you exactly what they think. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That's pretty violent coming from someone who is sooooooo for rights and free speech.

Apparently, he wants me killed, to keep me quiet.

You heard it here first.

I'm hardly the only man in the history of humankind who has wanted some cacophonic harpy to shut up.

Because she can't seriously debate.

Does anyone find it funny that the losers are always telling me I can't debate.

Too funny!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You lost this debate when you agreed with the guy who said the Constitution was wrong.

Because of the Wise foresight of the people who Wrote the constitution. The Constitution can never really be "wrong". Anything in it that people do not like, can be changed. provided you follow the Amendment process to do so.

On the heels of Phil "I don't care about the Constitution" Hare, we have another Dem who doesn't care for the Constitution when it gets in their way.

And then he denies saying it in the same debate!

We have a lousy Supreme Court decision that has opened the floodgates, and so we have to deal within the realm of constitutionality. And a lot of the campaign finance bills that we have passed have been declared unconstitutional by the Supreme Court. I think the Constitution is wrong. I don’t think that money is the same thing as human beings.

Rep. Jim McGovern (D-MA): ‘I Think the Constitution Is Wrong’ - Big Government

Sorry the videos are from eyeblast, not youtube. If there is a way to post 'em here, I haven't figured it out. You will have to follow the link to see the videos.

Give a liberal long enough and he will reveal exactly who he is and what he thinks. I told you liberals don't like the Constitution. It gives too many rights to their opponents. Liberals think only they should have rights. Anyone else should be silenced.

That's exactly what McGovern is saying. He doesn't like what his opponents will say with that free speech, so he thinks the Constitution is wrong.

Spoken like a true liberal.

Another??? Who were the other ones?

Forum List

Back